I need to buy a new car soon and I'm tired of regular repairs on $1k shitboxes...

I need to buy a new car soon and I'm tired of regular repairs on $1k shitboxes. What are your opinion on either a '08 Saturn Aura with 77k or a '13 Chevy Spark with 38k. I'm leaning towards the Spark cause they get great mileage but I don't really know which would serve me best. It'll just be a daily commuter car and occasional long trips. The only benefit I see with the Aura is more room and it's an automatic ad they're about the same price pre-haggle.
Perspectives?

Other urls found in this thread:

waterloo.craigslist.org/search/cta
waterloo.craigslist.org/cto/d/accord-ex-must-go/6435152134.html
waterloo.craigslist.org/cto/d/02-volkswagon-gti/6428435188.html
waterloo.craigslist.org/cto/d/1979-ford-fmodified-4-speed/6402502256.html
waterloo.craigslist.org/cto/d/rust-free-very-nice-1989/6450718252.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

most gm products are unreliable so i wouldn't get it personally.

A used Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla would be the better buy.

Is this a Veeky Forums meme I'm unaware of our are they solid cars?

My grandfather swears by Chevy and I've never had a GM product. I've had an old Nissan for the longest time.

>tired of repairs on shitboxes

mentions 10 year old GM product or a 5 year old Daewoo

shiggy diggy wiggy

post your local craigslist and budget.

Not a meme. If you're tired of fixing little shit all the time on cars, get one of these.

I'd consider a 2012+ GM car but nothing older than that, and not a Spark.

What is your budget?

I work at a chevy dealer, dont get a spark whatever you do. Biggest mistake you’ll ever make.

Yep get the sonic instead

sparks are not very good. get a used malibu.

>I'm tired of getting repairs on shitboxes
>considering a Saturn and a Chevy

Get a used Civic.

>tfw my used civic shit out it's idler pulley at 93k miles and then needed a valve adjustment and now the front engine mount is a shit. Everything else a fine tho

>tfw sanic still going stronk at 65k

Both purchased same time

I can do less than $5k.

What's bad about the Spark?

Beats rusted out ~$1,200 '90's rattle cans don't they?

How about an '05 Honda Accord? That's a new listing for just shy of $5k with 160k.

where do you live? the spark is a shit car. it's a rebadged daewoo piece of shit and only poor people that have zero money saved up buy them. it's got like 98hp and anything over 10 seconds to 60 is borderline unsafe.

>anything over 10 seconds to 60 is borderline unsafe.
That's literally how I drive, though.

merging onto the interstate or suddenly turning into a small gap on other roads is terrible. You can get a car with actual decent power for 5k. post your local craigslist.

waterloo.craigslist.org/search/cta

There has been a few newer listings since I last looked and I see a few decent ones but they're a good hours drive away sometimes.

waterloo.craigslist.org/cto/d/accord-ex-must-go/6435152134.html

waterloo.craigslist.org/cto/d/02-volkswagon-gti/6428435188.html

waterloo.craigslist.org/cto/d/1979-ford-fmodified-4-speed/6402502256.html

waterloo.craigslist.org/cto/d/rust-free-very-nice-1989/6450718252.html

Maybe in the aspect of comfort, but I doubt reliability. Scrape up the cash you can and buy an older Honda or Toyota just make sure it's been somewhat maintained

It's one thing when the nature of how you drive is slow, it's another thing when you decide you need to accelerate faster but you can't. Also, working an engine at it's max power continuously is a recipe for reduced engine lifespan.