/fng/ Fortnite General

cute lobber edition

>What is Fortnite?
It's a 4 player co-op basebuilder/tower defense with lot's of loot and various hero classes.

>Do I have to buy it?
At the moment yes, currently there are various founders packs for sale, starting at $40. It will go F2P next year.

>If I was in alpha do I have to buy?
If you spent money equal to the price of a founders pack during the alpha you will receive the corresponding founders pack for free plus. If you did not you will get a discount on one.

>Where do I buy it?
fortnite.com

>/fng/ discord
discord.gg/uXZHAyG

>/fng/ loot table (ongoing project, help is appreciated)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wrfh3l2kOfXi-TxDcSaXDrShaZzMSVd4iZeGk8mraBg/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uyXd_G-JHXI&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just let it die

b-but don't you want to know what today's llama is?

Mari is waifu material

what is it?

11 upgrade llamas for the price of 10

people llama atm, 3 hours 45 mins til it updates.

Please don't die, I actually like this game so far.

So don't let the thread fall off page 10 anymore

I was doing work, I was going to reply to a post and noticed the thread had archived.

Why is Storm Shield storage so fucking small.

mostly should be used for Expeditions

Is Sentinel Hype any good? I love Penny but hitting shit with a Hammer is only entertaining for so long.

I wanted to play builder and got this legendary huge ass nigga.

It's not a thick waifu but i'm happy nonetheless.

I wanted something to farm quicker on the side and got this epic purple bitch.

She's ugly but i'm happy.
What about you /fng/?

Knox?
if so i also got that gigganigga

had her as rare, and epic.

into the collection it goes for me. i love my tank penny and Dim Mak Mari.

Yeah i think that's his name.

yeah, i like him so far. Only played him once, but i was reasonably happy with his voice and quotes. made me chuckle here and there.

Anyone know how often the streamer quests are given?
Are they worth letting a few streams muted in the background to get them?

27.8 people llamas for the price of 27.¯7 people llamas.

first time i heard of this.

I don't know about english but his french voice and lines are great.

>gets a hard hat when he evolves
>can now look the part of foreman on my construction site when building bases

In options you can log your twitch account which gives you a quest to earn 500 hero xp and the ability for your viewers to gain special quests for the next 4 hours.
I've tried letting a few streams run in the background but i haven't got any luck so far.

welp. I'm having trouble logging back into the game since it kicked me out to the main menu.

ded game me too

Does she never get good Skills? I'm kind of want to try her out but her Skills as Rare don't look too good.

this is confusing and i wish it had more clarity. Tank Penny two perks that have "Hammer" in the title. One is more ambiguous and then the next is specific.
Is that Level 18 perk actually specific to hammers or is it just flavor text?

What is this game even about? All I see in streams are people mining rocks, cars, fences, and trees. It honestly doesnt look fun at all.

Please convince me to buy this.

don't, look it up more, lurk more videos or streams, and then figure out if you'd like to buy it now, or wait for it to come out free

This is just silly

Might just be poorly worded. Pretty sure both of those apply to Hardware (Hammers/Wrenches)

That's it. That's the whole game. You occasionally shoot a zombie horde or two in between gathering and crafting, but that's about it.

>servers go down for maintanence in the middle of a longass defense mission

simply epic

HA! No. She's dollar tree brand-tier Penny in looks why would she get anything good for being a bargain bin item?

i hope so, i do have an Epic Warhammer, But i'm so tired of waiting 1 second for the hammer to swing back.

I just got a Legendary Lug nut wrench (whatever) with very good stats. but i don't know if it did count with Penny's abilities.

Warhammer's heavy attack is what makes it great. One hit kills a whole pack of the small devils.

i see. i guess i'll just get ready for work then.

Why is that fun?

Autism. I enjoy gathering supplies and crafting materials. Also fort building is fun.

Oh come on, Hype is cute. If Pennty didn't utterly shit on her in terms of abilities I'd probably use as my main Constructor.

>Mine rocks, cars, trees
>Build a pyramid around (thing)
>Shoot zombies that try to touch (thing) for ~7 minutes
>Receive 10% of a level's worth of xp
>Mine more rocks, cars and trees so you can build more pyramids

Why are video games fun?
What do you find fun?
What is fun?

No doubt. my warhammer could spam heavy attacks due to the stats it got witch made it awesome to stun lock anything forever.

>Finish mission
>Loading screen
>Servers offline
I will still get the quest rewards... Right user?

Yeah it happened to me twice today. Ypou'll get them upon login

I'll pray for you user.

Does this game have a paywall or not?

Aside from buying the standard edition? Not at all. Upgrading is what will make you progress, and the exp for upgrading isn't sold, only found by playing.

>grandfather died three days ago
>had to go to a long funeral yesterday
>was one of the casket carriers in a burial today
>just got back, just wanna play some fortnite
>servers offline

I'm coming to join you Papaw

*except for all the xp that comes out of llamas

I've read that a lot of people cant progress because apparently they need a shitload of things to upgrade their team but cant get it unless they buy a huge ammount of lootboxes.

Don't buy it. Half your time is spent gathering resources, so if smashing buildings apart looking for boxes and treasure chests and toilet bacon doesn't sound enjoyable to you, then you won't have fun playing this. Also the game is very much unfinished, so if you're even asking yourself if buying it is worth the money, then it probably isn't worth it to you.

If you want a 'kill the hordes' game that doesn't have resources, then play something like the mass effect andromeda multiplayer or a Gears of War game.

I feel like I've gotten the most just straight-up XP from mini-llamas.

>Get XP from the actual mission
>Break open minillama
>Get around 2000 mixed XP and a schematic/survivor which can be transformed/recycled into more xp
>Even more if it turns silver

It's the best way to grind, even better when you consider it's just "go in and kill shit" with no building or gathering required.

Defenses tear through durability and bullets though. I'm trying to grind silver ore right now just to stay ahead of that curve.

I hope they'll introduce something like a weekly shield defense in the future.

Use copper shit; noob zombies die just as fast to garbage as they do to your level 20 superweapons, and give just as many minillamas

No, those people are really REALLY just too retarded to play the genre.

I'm sorry for your loss user. I had to be one of the casket carriers for my grandmother and my uncle.

It's kinda stupid:
>Copper
>Silver
>Malachite
It makes no sense in any way. If they went Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum, whatever for 5*, I wouldn't bat an eye. If they followed a realistic material curve for stronger and stronger stuff like real-life, I wouldn't bat an eye. But what the fuck, why would you go from copper, to silver, to something weaker than copper?

I know what you mean. This is my first pay2win game and I noticed if you're using anything but an epic weapon it'll break in 2-3 missions. Not a big deal if you don't mind using rare and under, though I'm not in pinkerton yet so I'm not sure what hell I'm in for. Is constructor the most useful and comfy class? Because nobody I see knows how to build/upgrade a proper barrier and I usually have to revive them far too often.

GUYS

MASTER GRENADIER RAMIREZ OR DIM MAK MAKI?!

progress was saved

are you an idiot

>Making shit out of gold

That's just as bad m8

Master grenadier

>That's just as bad m8
It follows the Medal curve.

I ALREADY HAVE ANOTHER CHEESY LEGENDARY SOLDIER, THE WARLORD GUY

Just got one from the Fortnite official stream.

It's just 500 hero xp to smash 6 red toolboxes but it says the rewards are better if you're a subscriber.

What the hell are these streamer quests you're talking about

>DIM MAK MAKI

As it stands now, no, because there are only two zones, and you can complete their content using green tier stuff without issue. After that...

Technically no, it does not have a paywall. But due to the Evolve system, it is likely that at least some players will find themselves needing new blue-or-better stuff to sacrifice for the materials to keep upgrading a trap schematic or hero or whatever, but they don't have one that they're willing to sacrifice. And the the ways to earn such stuff in-game can be pretty slow, and RNG plays a hand in actually getting a thing you needed even after you've saved up your rewards to try to get it

So not technically a pay wall, but it does have a pay rut, that players with bad RNG luck or regretted decisions can get stuck in for awhile, and can pay to speed up getting out.

HELPPP

see

Penny = Hype = Eagle Eye = Assault > Wildcat = Ramirez = Maki > Sarah > the rest

Kyle > Penny > Hype = Eagle Eye = Assault > Wildcat = Ramirez = Maki > Sarah > the rest

FTFY.

Who is the goosh goosh of Fortnite?

I'd call you gay but it's hard to argue with those double-digit dubs

I HAVE 2,000 V-BUCKS GIVE ME A FUCKING SUPER LLAMA

how do schematics work?

You have a weapons schematic, you can build whatever the schematic is an infinite number of times provided you have the materials. If you upgrade and evolve your schematics your created weapons become more powerful when you make them (level up a schematic doesn't retroactively make your already made guns more powerful, you need to create a fresh one to get the upgraded firepower. If you don't want them you can recycle them for Schematic XP or put them in the Collection book.

what does evolving do besides upgrade the stats?

upgrades the stats (by a lot) and changes the materials required to craft it

Gives weapons more firepower and impact, unlocks their perks, and changes the materials needed to create the higher you level them.

no visual changes? some guy posted earlier that evolving his hero gave him a hat

Sometimes if you get Perks that change your damage. For instance if you get a gun with a "changes damage to Fire" once you unlock it your weapon will be have some flame visuals on it.

Heroes are the only ones like that, I think. And even then, not all heroes do that.

If you unlock a trait that changes the damage type, then the item may get a visual effect (the end of the barrel may glow, or something like that).

thanks guys

IT TRIED TO KILL ME

Should I Evolve my Rare Penny to Rank 3?

>enjoyed him
>Epic makes him a black guy
And thats the story of how i recycled a level 30 constructor

youtube.com/watch?v=uyXd_G-JHXI&feature=youtu.be

But why would you want to power level? If anything, I'd think you'd want to farm low power stuff as long as possible, stashing away skill points without using them.

>people llama going away soon
>missions that give v-bucks are impossible to complete in time

It'll be back, right guys? Haha.

>caring about a non-super llama

Anyone else having trouble logging into to EPIC?

servers died, got "fixed", died, etc. for the past while.

Why would you?