Why does everyone hate the prius so much?

Why does everyone hate the prius so much?

They’re great on gas.
Comfortable ride and nice to drive.
Very reliable.
They don’t look bad.

Yeah some of the owners are aids but the car itself isn’t bad.

I knew a guy who picked up one of the early ones and at a glance it looked like they came out with something reasonably practical. But I think it's funny when people roll coal on them.

I got one as a rental one time. I didn't like the dash layout and the rear visibility it's shit.
I think the Honda Insight had a nicer interior.

Because they are pure commuter cars.

It's slow, and it always puts mpg before speed. What irritates everyone else is when a Prius is slow in the left lane like a retard. It's not the Prius's fault, it's the retarded who can't drive that flock to the Prius because they hate driving.

When I drive my gfs I have to be aware of how slow I am, and actually use lines like goddamn F1 to keep what little momentum the little i4 decides to poop out. Going 90mph with 80mpg is pretty neat though.

huh. Never knew that. But now that you mention it I've almost never noticed one on the highway.

It's always around town where there's already traffic or enough sunday drivers that they don't stick out.

if they came in a manual option id get one

>fwd
>1.5 tons
>121 hp

I don't have an unreasonable hatred for the Prius. I don't really care for them as I have the money to fill up my gas tank with the two vehicles I own right now.

But I'll try to answer why many hate it so much... Many people just look at it as the "anti-fun" car or a "rolling appliance". It's slow, boring, looks like a gay modern day hippie car, etc....

It's good at what it does: being a fuel efficient car.

You don't get 80mpg going 90 in a Prius...not even half.

Also, nothing about a Prius is comfy.

following the meme of "hey look a prius lol!!!1!!!"

Some people don't want a race car they just want something that gets them form A-B and does it as cheap as possible.

It's a good car and enthusiasts want to act superior.

I have a volt and I love it. It has a bit more speed and power but still it is about efficiency.

I came from a 1.6 turbo DS3 and it was pretty fun but honestly the volt is much better and is only a tiny bit slower even though it is much heavier.

I got a 2005, picked it up cheap - not a very comfy ride for me. Even after strut replacement and sway bar. Every bump, feels like a boat.

I like using the computer readouts to optimize mpg when I drive my mom's Prius. It's like a fun game.

They're not sports cars but neither are 90% of the automatic shitboxes on the road. At least the Prius is good at something.

CRZ / first gen Insight are absolutely based. Hopefully we'll get more manual hybrids in a couple of years.

Down a mountain highway you do.

I have a Prius as well as an sw20, as I can't fit my wife and our dogs in the MR2.
I will say that I hate driving the Prius though, it drains your soul.

>comfortable ride and nice to drive
no they're shit to drive and are not comfortable

It's a dumb appliance car for people with a superiority complex of saving the environment when those cars are actually worse for the planet because of their manufacturing process.

because every other prius I see is covered in self-righteous bumper stickers

I actually saw two of these aborted priuses on the road today

Shit to drive applies to every Toyota I've driven made in the last 2 decades.
>Throttle delivers 100% of engine output at 40% of pedal travel, pedal can be operated by a falling feather
>Feels kinda perky in an annoying way in traffic, then you go to overtake something...
>Steering dead as a dodo, always
>Brakes waaaaay over assisted

A car made for people who hate cars.

because retards mask their insecurities with what marketing teams tell them is masculine
>"i'm not a faggot, i drive a truck!"

That's why they use as much gas as a tiny non hybrid shitbox if you drive them normally.

steering feels like shit

The only faggot that I know drives a prius.

My first car was a first gen Prius. Ants ate the wiring. I then proceeded another one. I like Priuses. So do ants.

If people drove Priuses like every other A-to-B shitbox, I'd be content to ignore them like every other A-to-B shitbox.

But something about the car, or about the people who drive them, makes them a continuous road hazard. They're fucking slow (and always in the fast lane, somehow), dangerously oblivious, and unbelievably stupid.

Fuck Prius drivers.

I always thought that the "shitty Prius drivers" meme was over exaggerated, until I actually witnessed one
>Dropped uncle off at airport
>Driving back home on freeway
>Not that much traffic
>Flow of traffic is going about 80mph
>See Prius coming from on ramp
>He gets behind me
>Notice that he getting farther away
>Am I going too fast
>Look at speedo, still doing 80mph
>Look at rearview mirror
>See Prius cross double yellow into carpool lane
>He begins to speed up
>Look to my left and see he's by himself
>He slows down again
>Flow of traffic is still doing 80, meanwhile the Prius is doing 60 probably, and has a huge line of cars behind him

I drove 1000+ miles and got 50 mpg on the freeway

Still spreading this bullshit? This talking point was disproven all the way back in 2008, faggot. Go look it up.

i used to drive my mom's prius and it struggled to get to 80mph
it accelerates like shit and felt like cheap plastic the whole car would shake if i took it on the highway at 70+mph

They look like AIDS inside and out. Thankfully Toyota made a nice looking one called the Lexus CT200h

But modern hybrids like the Chebby Volt and Honda Clarity blow it the fuck out

No you don't you fucking moron

I don't hate them but I have driven examples from all three generations and the wet braking is dangerous to the uninitiated imo and only manageable once you know about their behavoir.

Most self proclaimed "car enthuasiasts" think the only way to like cars is to drive like a retard all the time and their reasoning skills boil down to "big engine good." They can't appreciate the Prius even for what it is because they might lose enthusiast cred in the eyes of their troglodyte friends.

-Throttle Masher Supreme

Learn how to drive a hybrid.

t. yuppie

If you got 90 mpg in your faggot prius doing "90 mph downhill", congrats, you've achieved something no other Prius owner has on the planet. Shut the fuck up and stop making shit up

t. soiboi