Peugeot 406 Coupé

Opinions?

its a car

It's a really sexy one

The best looking Peugeot ever made, most probably because it was designed by the Italians.

engine?

Either a 2 litre 4 pot or a 3 litre V6

The finest Peugeot crafted by the Master Ramaciotti himself.

sexy. V6 + manual must be amazing

But is it a practical car too?

Where are you from?

See these all the time in the UK and they are just another shitty peugeot...

because chav faggots ruin them

no 2.2?

Chavs want VW GTIs and Vauxhall Corsa and Astra/GTC VXRs not that crappy Peugeot

Dad has one, love it, fucking expensive body panels are a pain because lol pininfarina.

I like the original better. Too bad its even more rare because all the backwards caps have ruined it.

an m135 or an m2 is the ultimate chav ride, especially in white or estoril blue. ESTOREEEW BLOO BRUV

Actual Chavs can't afford BMWs though so thats ok.

Trashy rich people might be able to afford those though.

M2 has to be my fav M car its nimble and quick, not the best but pretty cool.

To me, a chav is anyone from england that doesn't look like farage or mogg

An achingly beautiful exterior, let down by an absolutely miserable interior.

If you want one, go for the 3 litre V6. The lower engines are complete garbage.

Original in what way, Pininfarina has been making coupes for Peugeot for decades.

That Opel wasnt designed by Pininfarina however.

>it never went into production

I daily my 2001 Peugeot 406 Coupe 2.0 manual and i can only say good things about it. Its obviously not a sports car, however its fun to throw around the corners.
My 406 has already 350k km and its always been very reliable. Its fully stock and with just regular maintenance it never missed a beat yet.

>absolutely miserable interior
About the interior, looks are subjective but i dont think it looks that bad, all i can say is that they arent low quality, at least they hold very well. pic related, the interior of my car with about 350ks
>The lower engines are complete garbage.
2.0 NA DOHC 16v with 140hp isnt that bad, sure isnt a racing engine, its just a standard engine for a regular daily car, that gets decent MPG and isnt slower than your average european sedan, as i said before the 406 coupe isnt a sports car, even the 3.0 v6.

tl;dr:
+looks
+decent MPG
+reliable
+handling
+price
+JBL sound system (pretty decent)

-close-ratio 5speed gearbox (fun on B roads but for highway speeds you really miss that 6th gear)
-dodgy eletronics (i've heard thats a problem in all peugeots, in mine i already had a minor issue with the AC fans but i cant really complain)

Its not perfect, but lets put it this way, if i wanted to trade it for something just a little better, i would need to spend a considerable amount of money.

forgot to mention that the throw of the shifter is way too long for a sporty feel and mine already has some play.

The Peugeot or this?

The Fiat is way cooler looking, can`t say much about the rest.

Aye so I ask again, original what?

The V6 has basically the same power to weight as a 330Ci which was a fair bit more expensive car, at least where I live.

I have one of these, they're quick with the 5 cylinder turbo engine and there's some extra power to be squeezed out that motor.

The handling isn't the best though.

save one
they're all dying to become ferrari 428/430/360 replicas

I own one too, they're extremely beautiful and your picture doesn't do it justice.

Only if its the 5 cylinder

The 5 sounds awesome and obv has the most grunt but don't discount the 4, it's one of the most widely used engines in history, built like a fucking tank and has been in turbocharged/supercharged applications since the early 70's.

Love it, unfortunately I am a burger so I would have to spend a fair bit of money finagling one in here no matter which way I went about it. Jelly of leafs and their superior import laws.

The 4-cyl turbo is the same one used in the Delta Integrale so its definitely no joke, but the 5-cylinder adds to the unique charm of the car.

Yeah it's got a million applications, 124 coupe, 125, 131, Strada, Regata, Croma, Tipo, MonteCarlo, Beta, Thema, Prisma, 037, Delta HF/Integrale/Evo, Delta S4 and ofc the FIAT Coupe. There's probably more I can't remember too, the Lampredi twincam is a pretty god tier motor but it gets written off because lolfiat.

I have a 406 ST sedan and its got great handling and brakes for a $900 car. The electrics are going now at 300,000ks tho

Yeah my 406 HDI has done 303k, I just replaced the rear track rods and I need shockies but it's been reliable as fuck and gets 5.2l/100km/45mpg(~35city) on the highway., it's also super comf.

Original design, faggot. That Peugeot literally looks like a facelifted Calibra, you dense fuck.

If you say so big fella.

niqua you blind

Too bad it's a French car.

>le meme

>The best looking Peugeot ever made
Ahem.

>he has poor taste

Having a hatred against the French is a genetic thing.

fucking hideous

the interiors are even worst than the peugeot

i bought a hyundai coupe instead of one of these, i don't regret my decision but should my car ever die a death i'll probably try one of these out

As in a Tiburon or an S Coupe? The V6 Pug is a fair bit quicker, quieter and smooth riding than both the Hyundais but.

>Ferrari
fucking kys

i also like the Hyundai, but it comes with a stripped out interior and lacking lots of comfy stuff

For a daily i would go for the Peugeot, its newer, cheaper to buy and run, also way more reliable.
That said i would prefer to drive the Fiat Coupe.
But i wouldn't compare the Fiat with a Peugeot, its more like a Alfa Romeo Spider.
For both the Fiat and Alfa Romeo, i love the way the front looks, but im not sure about the rear. They are both good drivers cars, but for a daily use.. theres no doubt the french is a better car.

More like an Alfa Romeo GTV, that is the coupe version, but you know what i mean.

Tiburon, it's just called the Coupe here for whatever reason
eh, it was a big upgrade from my previous car, which it would've achieved if it only had a CD player and nothing else. the a/c is good, cruise control works (barely use it though) aaaaand ... the speakers are good. not really much else it needs to do or has that i really care about, except the cupholders, and the little tray beneath the center console is the perfect size for my phone.

Ahh right, here they sorta went S Coupe, Coupe and finally Tiburon. How's the V6?

take that badge off you tasteless pikey.
I own one too and that picture makes me want to sell it

somewhat underpowered for a V6 but it sounds great and i have had 0 issues with it in the 4 years i've owned it, serviced it 2 years ago which made a noticable improvement ... maybe, could just be a placebo effect