I need a new heavy duty work truck. I don’t need anything special like gps or the heated leather shit...

I need a new heavy duty work truck. I don’t need anything special like gps or the heated leather shit. Just basic stuff.
>cloth/vinyl
>4wd
>extended cab long bed

I’m currently looking at ordering a 2018 Sierra 2500 HD
>6.0 vortec
>ext. cab long bed
>white
>Sierra trim
>drop in Bed liner
>convenience package
>7 inch display with Sirius
Should run me a little over 40k

Any other brands I should look at? Not a big fan of chevy’s styling and I’ve never owned a ford or dodge. Also not to hot on the idea of an aluminum bed. Coworker already put a hole in his ‘17 f250 bed.

Honda ridgeline

I didnt know the ridgeline was a heavy duty work truck.

I forgot to mention it’s 4wd

What's wrong with a used one? Also, people may shit on the 6.0 for it's low torque and HP compared to it's competitors gassers, but those things are workhorses that'll last you until the end of time

>but those things are workhorses that'll last you until the end of time

if this was even remotely true truck manufacturers would give you a better warranty than 3yr/36k or 5yr/100k.

This is by far the only good HD truck.

Ford has a problem with a fan busting the radiator while giving it very little work.

Ram has a plethora of electrical and transmission problems.

Stick with GMC/Chevy. It also has that god tier Vortec.

All of our fleet trucks are 3/4 ton SIlverados/Sierras with the 6.0 vortec. Our oldest one, a 2004 with 410,000k miles on the clock, is still running strong with the only major work done to it being a new transfer case. But it's okay user

OP here. It’s my first new vehicle so I want to get it new. The only cars I own are an E30 325i, 540i wagon, and a 05 avalanche and all were hand me downs.

I know about the 6.0 vortec. My uncle had one in his truck and he swears by em.

I guess I’ll put an order in for one at the GMC dealership tomorrow since every single one in my city is selling diesel mall crawlers.

The truck is probably faster to 60 than the BMW's which is nice. I'd get a locking diff if you have real winters. You could also maybe get a 2017 for dirt cheap now. I'd only go RAM or Ferd if you're leasing or selling it after 4 years.

>truck

We call em Utes in Straya. Trucks are either Utes w/ a tray cabin mod or what you call SUVs (eg cruisers, patrols, jeeps) or actual truck trucks.

Anyway I digress, a nigh on unbreakable Ute would be a Toyota Hilux.

Hate to say but GM is pretty much your only choice.

Titan xD is long cab standard only. The extended cab is short bed only. Dodge only has only has 2 or 4 doors. Toyota Tundra has your configuration but is half ton only.

Toyota Tundra

A Toyota Gaylux would struggle with 3 American passengers.

OP,

Get a crew cab Titan XD. Good axles, drivetrain, features, reasonable price.

> 3 American passengers

Like towing a 2k caravan with a prius

Top fucking kek

>I need a new heavy duty work truck
you mean van. trucks are fucking useless

Trucks are the better equipment and material haulers.

Vans are the better tool haulers

This guy works

>work truck
>4wd
>extended cab

I have a feeling you want a mall crawler or a penis compensation device.

For perspective, an actual work truck:
>smallest engine/frame for intended job, if a V6 will do it then it goes V6, if a 3/4 ton is needed then you don't get the 1 ton, etc
>lowest trim level, fewest electronic goodies because the inside will get trashed
>single or "king" cab if needed
>long bed (longer wheelbases are better for towing and in general more useful)]
>2wd UNLESS there is a damn good reason for 4wd, like a near daily use of the 4wd

The reason real work trucks are bare minimum for their intended role is to maximize profits. If you are posting on Veeky Forums asking for truck advice I am willing to bet you aren't actually doing anything you need a 6.0l engine for. What you described in your original post is not a work truck.

Also drop in bed liners suck. Go get a rhino or x-liner.

Mercedes Sprinter

>05 Avalanche
Which engine?

2018 Ford F350 SuperDuty dually with every option and highest trim package

I have never seen a commercial outfit use a truck unless it has a tipping bed or is on a farm.

Well then you must be fucking blind. Or europoor

L59