/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Jul 11] System update 11.5 has been released. It does not bring any relevant change.

>Wii U
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684
[Jul 18] System version 5.5.2 has been released. It patches the browser entrypoint.

>Switch
[Jul 19] The BBB team released the first few ExeFS and RomFS dumps. gbatemp.net/threads/477954
[Jul 9] The kernel has been dumped. This does not mean an exploit has been found. twitter.com/derrekr6/status/884106715888848899
-The TrustZone code has also been dumped. twitter.com/derrekr6/status/889556685353881600
[Jul 6] RomFS dumping is now possible.
-A Pyton script has been released. twitter.com/SciresM/status/887199230103826432

>DSi
[Aug 2] ugopwn leaked. [Jul 22] CFW and SD redirection announced. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/888977743777583104/
[Jul 15] RocketLauncher will support most retail game cards. youtube.com/watch?v=muuRpyYgGyI

>Vita
[Jul 29] Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60, if you haven't activated it Adrenaline will NOT work. gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/
[Jul 2] SD2Vita adapters can now be preordered. wololo.net/2017/07/04/pre-order-sd2vita-game-cart-microsd-adapter-right-now-via-reddit/

>PS4
[Jul 11] PS4 MTX KEY, a modchip that allows game sharing, has been announced. wololo.net/2017/07/11/ps4-mtx-key-announced-preorder-ps4-modchip-gamesharing/

Other urls found in this thread:

anonfiles.cc/file/da514245b44e3c487088a6fb3c428a86
gbatemp.net/threads/dsi-downgrading-the-complete-guide.393682/
anonfiles.cc/file/6f61b2e87dd2b05aa6cafcba12fbffff
gbatemp.net/threads/srloader-nds-app-for-dsi.472200/
youtube.com/embed/OLpeX4RRo28
youtu.be/2dbR2JZmlWo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for.

This xD

Break away from this nintenshit poorfag general, and come with me to mine. Mine has quality hackers.

>/v/ita talk is now king of this general
feels good. and the announcement in sept should make /hbg/ official vita-only from now on

how delusional

Nobody's even talking about Enso and it only just released. Niggers can't even play PSP games any more, which is the only reason to own a Vita.

Shoo Shoo weebs Has always been and will always be nintendo based.

>vitafags will have to deal with the latefags now
>because people only JUST started giving a shit over a menuhax-tier release

are you retards so cheap you dont buy a $10-15 flashcart + $3 shipping to play ALL ds games lmao

you can't play PSP games on Enso?

>not playing weeb games on a 3ds
lmao

Online activations got blocked so all HENkaku users who don''t already have Adrenaline (or other digital games) can no longer get it.

>anonfiles.cc/file/da514245b44e3c487088a6fb3c428a86

>gbatemp.net/threads/dsi-downgrading-the-complete-guide.393682/

Have you hacked your DSi today? You literally have no excuse.

Well damn that's almost the entire reason why I was considering getting a Vita. If I can't play PSP games on it I'll just get a PSP and save 100 bucks

Can you afford $20-$60 games+ shipping and handling? Import fees? I guess not you fucking poorfag.
Enjoy not having a full wallet AND a wall full of DS games, why don't you get a job?

My excuse is: i don't have a DSi.

Did anyone order some F00D?

Im on 1.4.3 with a working R4 on it. The fuck i need this for?

TheFlow says he may be able to bypass it, but that won't happen until september.

nobody has a dsi

worst incremental upgrade ever

Haven't even bothered playing the first dancing game yet. Couldn't stand the voices and the undub patch is shit with a bunch of leftover english voices everywhere.

If GBARunner2 compatibility improves, the DSi will actually not be quite so shit.

This. The DS Lite had the GBA slot for your old games, that was more than enough for me to decide.
>tfw all these jealous kids in the schoolyard eyed you plaing pokemon firered while they were stuck with pokemon dash
best feel

I did, why is it taking so long?

I genuinely can't think of weeb games on the 3ds. There's love plus on the original ds I guess.

My vita is activated (and I have digital psp demos) but I still have to install Enso and Adrenaline, so I presume theres no problem installing Enso first then Adrenaline sometime later right?

That won't be a problem, but back up your activation data asap. I've heard uncomfirmed reports that they are being deleted when you log in to PSN.

Both are press X to install. After you've pressed X to install their installers, I mean.

>mfw activated
it's gonna be a sad day when online play gets announced for adrenaline, and more than half this general can't socom, thug, killzone, infected and battlefront with those of us smart enough to activate early

wait, can you not start up henkaku online any more?

I do. I bought it day 1 just a few days buying my DS Lite. I bought tons and tons of DSiWare games and constantly used the web browser. I also bought the web browser on the Wii and a lot of other stuff!
Doesn't it feel good to have money you can waste?

>The state of /hbg/ right now

I have an old vita sd card that has peace walker on it
Can I use that to activate Adrenaline?

I bought a Japanese one last year to contribute dumps to no-intro. Spent $150 on DSiWare.

>nintendo bans my 3ds
oh no wait they didn't because im not a retard who fell for tranny cfw meme
>order a new 3ds xl from amazon anyway
>choose same day day delivery
>arrives at my doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds the money
>use that money to buy a vita and 64 gb card
>choose no rush shipping because vita has no games
>arrives at doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds my money
>use that money to order myself a pizza from domino's
oh wait i dont because domino's is trash
>go to based little caesars instead
>get a hot n ready pepperoni pizza
oh wait i dont because im not a poorfag
>go to costco
>order a cheese pizza
>go home and eat my pizza
get on my level niggas. and fuck nintendo and sony and domino's and fuck little ceasar's

Your Vita is already activated if it can play peace walker.

Probably.
Obviously don't use a 1.4gb bubble for Adrenaline though. Use the Bubble Creator.

Cool, B9S installed successfully. Now I can go back to ignoring my 3ds until something new comes out.

There's a homebrew tool that lets you generate and empty bubble for Adrenaline IIRC.

my excuse is im on 1.4.2 with an ak2i

got flipnote?

My excuse is that I was sad, busy and tired today. I'll do it soon enough though. I've waited for this stuff ever since it came out like 9 years ago.

>tfw no external hard drive for PSTV
>tfw no 3G slot microsd adapter

I feel bad for people who bought a 3G motherboard just so they can install a psvsd rather than getting an sd2vita

I just got my SD2Vita and I'm in the progress of converting my card games, to backups.

But I've noticed when I restore my savegame, the game's won't launch anymore. Gives me a file corrupted error.

Does this have to do on how the saves are saved with backups? Is there anyway I can restore my old savegames?

I have a 3G model and would prefer to replace the useless 3G slot with an sd card slot than replace the useful game card slot with an sd card slot

Incoming CFW

anonfiles.cc/file/6f61b2e87dd2b05aa6cafcba12fbffff

ugopwn USA + fwtool 1.6

Good job at not really answering the question. If you have a r4 then you're done with the ds

Reminder that Nintendo's official ceasing manufacture of (non-XL) 3DS systems was A MISTAKE because it was acted on TOO SOON!

DS games from DSi's SD slot

gbatemp.net/threads/srloader-nds-app-for-dsi.472200/

Does it include the infamous 2222.nds?

It's nds-bootstrap, it's shit. Stick with your R4 - use rocketlauncher for other things.

yes, that's fwtool

Are you not UNDERSTANDING the situation here?
A CFW will let you download one of the hundred DSiWare clock apps. For FREE!!!

Should I buy a cheapo PSTV to play 3.61 games?

xl screens look shitty cause 240p, imo 2ds is the best way to play.

Think about your life or
youtube.com/embed/OLpeX4RRo28

I have a 3G model as well but I think the sd2vita is definitely superior. No need to open your vita when you want to upgrade to a bigger sd card and doesn't have battery drain issues. Also when your vita overheats it turns of network connections so since the adapter is connected to the 3G slot it might turn off, of course there's no testing to support this yet. Also since it uses the gamecard slot it's useful for when I want to switch between the vita and vita tv, or even between the oled and slim vitas.

can you play DS roms on Luma yet?

I was talking about the regular size new 3DS systems.

refer to the first post

Sure.
Or a PS4 to play 3.61 Vita games in HD.

>he didn't buy them

Did you use savemanager for backing up your cartridge saves? If not you should use that instead.

Stop posting.

Did they manage to make the DQ XI eng translation work?

You have been able for a long while.

>menu translation
>mattering

Wait, are you not able to access the 3G adapter through the 3G flap?

how about you youtu.be/2dbR2JZmlWo

Oh you mean that thing that worked like shit on the 3ds? Like i said. If you own a r4 you dont need anything else from a ds. Stop justifying stupid things. This isnt a 3ds

Nope

Don't you ever reply to me with that tone.

>your opinion
>mattering

>that tone
>bad

>maidump torrent
>5 games
>taking over 4 hours to finish
seed please

You're already done.

The Lite was the cheap one, faggot kid

I forgot to grab xcom and dynasty warriors

Not gonna seed any more.
I already have a ratio of 10 on it.

Did we every find out why that mass banning months ago happened?

You fell for the trannycfw memes.

I honestly don't know why you'd want to bother.

Yes, we did.
Nintendo found you too much of a faggot.

yup

nintendo finally did a cheater sweep. literally 99.9% of everyone banned had some sort of plugin, save inject or modded game.

not sure why it took them that long to clean house, but i'm glad they did.

ah so we still dont know? cool. just was curious.

>take 4 hours to download a game
>don't even put it on my Vita
>delete it for HDD space

morons who played modded Pokemon online got banned. non-retards haven't had anything done to them.

Nice image faggot

Oh damn, I guess I will go with the game card one then.

I guess I can just sell all my card games (after dumping them ofc)

Just downloaded some retroarch nightlys for 3DS.

Do I put the retroarch folder on my SD root?

My excuse is I don't have flipnote.

With SD2Vita you're able to use the vita memory card and sd card in conjunction right?

No, only one at a time. This might change.

You can already mount the adapter to ux or uma. I heard there's some issues with uma though.

I'll always be bitter they never released many in the US
Had to get an XL after my Old's hinge broke and the controls feel like shit with small hands

You can mount the sd2vita as ux0 and the vita memory card as uma0. The chinese have already managed to make adrenaline read iso/eboot from uma0 so just give it about a month.