How come no one on Veeky Forums actually owns and builds their own cars...

how come no one on Veeky Forums actually owns and builds their own cars? it's a car enthusiast forum but you guys don't even know even how to wrench, you just complain about cars you can't afford and post stickers and video game threads like the virgin losers you are.
i havent seen one build in the 3 weeks i've been here and i'm beginning to think you're all phonies tbqh

why don't you?

>it's a car enthusiast forum
>enthusiast
no
>forum
no

fuck off idiot

Building cars is as expensive as new cars cars with the same power. Buy a 03 boxster for $10 and turn it into a racer for $20k or buy a 2012 for $30k and just as fast.

Plenty of people here are car club people who drive and trade cars

>implying I dont

Veeky Forums's format isn't really suited to build threads but have you tried Classic Car General?

To be real he's not wrong. Stickers, video games, and memes, if you really think about it I wouldn't be surprised if behind it all it's a bunch of 15-18 year olds who are looking forward to their first car but have never driven yet.

>he doesn’t know that this is an ironic board and everyone uses public transportation

The problem is faggots have this idea that Veeky Forums as a whole is for shitposting and not /b/.

no garage at the moment
soon tho

Its the middle of fucking winter here, and not everybody has a nice heated garage to work in.

my dad's an engineer but I never learned anything kek I just like looking at cars

brb taking picture of latest finished project

srt4 swapped it, i vowed too a few months ago after an indian lady crashed into me

im sorry for the horrible pictures

i have meth

it has a rollcage too cause 95 ACR

>how come no one on Veeky Forums actually owns and builds their own cars?

hate to break it to you...

The trouble is I don't take photos 99% of the time when Im working on a car, I get focused and shitty enough at interruptions without cleaning my hands to take a snap.

>I'm in the yellow FIAT.

jesus what the fuck

muh v6 swapped and turbo bolted-on aw11. They're are plenty of prettier builds, but the $/hectic ratio is pretty hard to beat here. also it broke down tonight yay

what v6, what turbo

>membrane placement getting ready to plaster on all dat carbon fiber zigzag

Nice bro

thanks dude,

with the DSP and meth/water injection Im running 24 psi on the stocker, it should be around 310 WHP and 400 WTQ
curb weight is probably around 2200

3vzfe out of a es300 and the trans of a new turbo. it's got a td04 on it but I'm swapping for a td05h I have sitting in my living room

*mr2 turbo not new turbo. thx phone

Car enthusiasm has nothing to do with working on cars ya poorfag. Sorry you can't afford a mechanic.

Of course it does you special case.

Nope

Veeky Forums used to be one of the few boards where the users actually had decent jobs and money though. What the hell happened?

what kind of power is that thing putting out

>t. busrider

Wow, so original. Cringe

rose colored glasses
Veeky Forums has never been like that unless by decent job you mean being able to afford a used STI and crash it into a tree

yes.

wat. when was this?

>how come no one on Veeky Forums actually owns and builds their own cars?
Last year, there was a dude who came here to actually ask suggestions on power-trains, roll cages and chassis to supposedly build his own car company with his garage friend. I have no idea why I remember it in detail but it was nonetheless an interesting thread.

I don't post about my builds or what I do to my car because I feel nobody would be interested in my maintenance schedule.

Do you have some sketches or renderings of what the final product should look like?

I have no idea but as of right now it does burnouts through 3rd gear in the dry and 4th in the wet

>pums own gas
>BILT NOT BORT
No thanks, I enjoy the Car-oriented hatenest as it is.

nope. everything is organically done. no drawings or plans. lots of measuring and standing there looking.

heres quite a while back for reference.

Long time ago, there were some really hardcore people lurking and shitposting on Veeky Forums.
There was a tripfag (forgot his name) that was an brain surgen in Norway or something like than (northern countries anyway). Guy owned 3 Audi Q7s (yes, the same car 3 times).

Then there used to be a guy that bought a damaged Aston Martin DB9 for like 40k euros in Switzerland and constantly made threads on repairing his Aston.

Then there was that SRT4 Dodge Neon meme tripfag (forgot his name aswell).