Buy brand new 2018 Kia Forte

>Buy brand new 2018 Kia Forte
>$17,300
>Drive home, 50 miles.
>Oil and Engine light comes on.

Are fucking serious right now? Like, what in the actual fuck?
Has this shit ever happened to anyone else?

Other urls found in this thread:

motorreviewer.com/engine.php?engine_id=80
jalopnik.com/how-subprime-car-loans-are-ruining-lives-and-repeating-1796893288
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>buying korean
>brand new

you fucked up

Take it back, bitch, then tell us what happened.

Let me guess... babby discovered the ON position on the ignition?

no this has never happend to anyone else you are that special

did you floor it multiple times? engines have to break in

money's on you having driven it like a nigger

>Driving a Yaris
>calling it superior to anything
Awful fucking car

Beyond the whole 'every light came on when you bought it,' how's the actual car?
I was actually thinking of getting a 2016 kia.

Now I'm not so sure.

KIA bahahahaha!

breaking in engines is a thing of the past, it's done at the factory now

Actually pretty much every car manual defines a new car break in procedure.

For the first 500-1000 miles you are not supposed to take it to redline or drive aggressively.

Of course some subscribe to the school of thought that the first thing you should do is floor it to seat the rings otherwise it won’t have as good a seal as It could have.

But, if it were my car, I would not be flooring it non stop.

Yeah seating the rings should be done at good throttle to generate good combustion pressure but go easy on the rpm initially.

pretty sure most people on Veeky Forums aren't buying new Kias, just take it back, it's got a warranty

thought I'd jump in since I drive these a lot working at a car yard
They are so gutless it will downshift and make horible kia loud revving noises to get up any incline. Everything inside feels cheap, the driver modes do nothing. great on fuel tho

Gutless compared to what user? It's got better power than most of it's competitors and similar weight.

>kia
>oil issue
It's supposed to be like that.

>downshift to get up any incline
Sounds like it's the gearbox fucking it up desu

That's what Kia does. After my uncle's Kia spent more time being fixed than on his driveway, never gonna buy one.

Cars are important; NEVER cheap out on a sub-par brand 'because it's brand newwww'. Either save up, or buy a better brand used.

BRAND NEW KIA?
LOL CVT FAMILY CAR SAFE NO FUN NON-SPORTS CAR PIECE OF SHIT SOCCOR MOM PANDERING CUNTHEAD NON CAR GUY

>Not a CVT, unlike plenty of its contemporaries

A guy I know works as a chef at KIA dealership. He says that he won't let his friends and family members to buy a Korean car.

>be me 21
>live in Germany
>self employed car dealer
>only drive Mercedes, BMW, Audi and Porsche

I make money and get to drive really awesome cars.
So why does anyone buy a new Kia instead of a used Mercedes?

Why did you felt a need to tell your life story before the question?

Not like these ass clowns ever made bad engines before...

Interestingly enough the problem exists with the US built engines.

Nope, not the manufacturing. The corporate response to manufacturing issues. Denying the issue for 3 yrs+ and firing the engineer who called management's attention to it. Requiring a class action lawsuit to be filed against them before taking responsibility for their defective product.

Yes, they're the only manufacturer who dodges issues...

What about the V8? Drinks oil like gas...

Again, look at the corporate response: "Our product failed? Sucks to be you."

>Unfortunately, the 2011 and early 2012 Beefy Mutant Ninja Taus became thirsty for their own blood. Motor oil escapes past the cylinders and into the combustion chamber. Many owners have reported dramatic oil overconsumption.
>
>Some were able to get their engines rebuilt or replaced. Many have reported no consumption issues at all, while another good chunk are forced to live with oil consumption due to Hyundai’s definition of “normal.”

>people think engine break in is done a the factory now

Hey look ,another reason to not buy a used car.

Do you remember GM's response to LS oil consumption issues?

And then there are the V6 engines:
motorreviewer.com/engine.php?engine_id=80

>G6CU/G6AU Engine Problems and Reliability

The engine has the problem with fast main bearing wear, damaging a crankshaft, a cylinder and connecting rod bearings wear. The engine produces a knocking noise usually at the start, but if an engine has serious damages it will knocking all the time. The reliability of this engine is under a question. Some engine went to garbage or required cylinder block rebuild with 45-60k miles on it. The engine life really is about 100k miles because of a low quality of important parts of the engine, such as bearings, oil rings and etc. So if you will rebuild an engine, better order OEM parts for the 6G74.

You can literally point out examples from pretty much every major manufacturer.
Nissan ZD30, eats engines for lunch, no recall ever issued, problem never fixed for owners. Engine update made in model facelift, doesn't fix cause of the problem but bandaids it by adding an extra under piston squirter and increasing sump capacity by changing dipstick.
Never acknowledged the issue which was present in every Nissan Patrol ZD30 built.

There seems to be a systemic problem with product quality and corporate support after the fact. The track record is there and it runs back at least a decade, if not more.

>buying a brand new econobox
just kill yourself. there's no hope for you.

This is the case with every manufacturer, they will get away with every single thing they can. Look at the 1KD-FTV Toyota Hilux, production length issues with fuel injectors, problem never sorted, Toyota issues regular coding changes for the injectors but they don't issue them to the customer, they issue them to repairers so when the car comes in for knocking sounds, they get sold a new set of injectors which may but probably won't fix the problem which will resurface in a 20-50k km. The old injectors go back to Toyota to be refurbished and to receive the latest coding changes.
Our workshop has shelves of these injectors, we sell them hand over fist, Toyota as well as us makes money off them, customer gets fucked.

The defense for your shitty product and support is "everyone does it"?

Really?

My shitty product? Please, I just fix cars and I see it from all of them.

So they comes with blown head gaskets from the factory???
Lmao

99% of people dont even know engines need to be broken in

Op what interest did you get financing the car? I heard kia dealers are the worst

OP has shitty credit, or else he wouldn't have went to a Kia dealership in the first place. Probably got 10-20% interest.

Yeah man I heard crazy stories of people getting 30% interest rates

I didn't finance through a dealer. I went through a CU at 2.75.
They did run it though and the best they could offer was 5.50.

Anyway I'mma read the code today then go to the dealer to raise cain.

That cannot be right.

Do some reading on the sub-prime autoloan market currently, and how eerily it parallels the toxic mortgage crisis of 2008. Dealerships are under tremendous pressure to sell, and the easiest way is to offer people with shit credit terrible financing.

So update: I was driving it 5 miles to the nearest place with a code reader and it fully broke down.
Every light started flashing then turned off, while the battery did it intermittently (the oil and engine light stayed on)

17 thousand dollars ladies and gentlemen.

I'll get it towed to the dealer tomorrow (they're closed today, so the towing company will hold it).

What are my options here?

Do you have any good links? Even if I was seriously desperate I would never take a loan over 10%

jalopnik.com/how-subprime-car-loans-are-ruining-lives-and-repeating-1796893288

It's jalopshit but not a bad story with anecdotes from real consumers caught up in this mess.

>not buying a 2018 corolla for cheaper
Are you litetally retarded?

They'll fix it under warranty or you get a new car.

If the dealership tries to dick you around even a little bit, call Kia customer service. Once in a million, a lemon gets made, or an idiot at the factory forgets to put oil in, it happens, and customer service will make sure you're taken care of. Kia would rather spend money to have you happy than have you go around telling everyone you know and autists on a Mongolian yak meat roasting imageboard how pissed off you are.

Corporate is happy to spend money to keep a customer happy. Hyundai-Kia's dealer network is supposed to be pretty good, but sometimes people encounter a shitty dealer, and that's when corporate will step in and do right by you.

Just gotta cut your losses and learn from your mistakes

Do you have an auto "lemon law" in your state. If so, you will get a brand new... kia.

Kia's chef should be less concerned about what oil problems the car has, and what oil problems the salads have.

All states have the lemon law of I'm not mistaken.

>Corporate is happy to spend money to keep a customer happy. Hyundai-Kia's dealer network is supposed to be pretty good, but sometimes people encounter a shitty dealer, and that's when corporate will step in and do right by you.
Maybe not.

See and pic related. OP may need a lawyer.

There is no way a lawyer will be needed. If you buy a brand new car and it doesn't even make it 50 miles, there is no way the dealer doesn't take care of you. There's too many laws for him not too.

If it were me, if there was ANYTHING that was bigger than a gasket being tightened too hard, I'd make them take the car back or upgrade me for free

>th-they can't do that!! r-right??
listen pal dealerships can shaft you and get away with it. only way they won't is if you make a big noise on social media. if you just so happen to get lucky and find a dealership that isn't run by subhumans, congrats, otherwise you better pray.

You probably live with your parent or have a comfortable life. If you were a single mother name Shenene with two kids and working in Dennis with bad credit and the only place that will give you a car is kia you will take it.

Jesus. That's why you never finance with a dealership
True. But I wouldn't make the mistakes that get me in Shenene's situation in the first place.

>injectors now have their own computers that need updates

>Actually pretty much every car manual defines a new car break in procedure.
>For the first 500-1000 miles you are not supposed to take it to redline or drive aggressively.

My new car also says to NOT drive it at the same constant speed during the first 500 miles. That despite the dealer telling me that there is no break in requirement for the cars. What people say and what is written down for warranty requirements are two different things. The dealer will say whatever it takes to make me feel good and buy the new car knowing full well only written stuff in the contract matters.

Since my car has GM OnStar, it self-documents itself if it was driving in such a way as to violate warranty.

>driving a certain way voids the warranty
Umm no sweaty

Yep, and it saddened this gm fanboy along with the piston slap deal

Pretty much why I stopped buying used cars with only one exception since I started making money.

>I buy new because of the slight possibility that I'll have to spend a few thousand on an engine rebuild.

By the numbers most cars will have around 1-12 minor issues within the first few months of ownership.

I don't have the space or the inclination these days, you know? I don't have a shop that I'd trust to slap in a crate engine, sadly. I need it always turn key for 5-10 years and it's worth the expense in my case and mind. I love cars but my days of swing a wrench are about 10 years behind me save for simple shit (brakes, engine accessory replacement, etc.)

Then you should have struck with the Prius

Not sure what that would have made in my case, my edge lord. I haven't ever taken a look but my guess is it's a tight package in there and I don't fuck around with batteries larger than group 78

>being this old on 4chinz
Lmao

>buy new 2016 Fiesta ST
>immediately get greedy and boost the shit out of it
>13000 miles later and nothing has happened
Feels pretty good

I redlined my gms1 cobalt turbo a dozen times a day no lift shifting through 160k miles and it didn't burn a drop of oil along the way. Every once in a while I bump into the kid I sold it to and other than the cobalt common problem with the hand brake, its still running strong.

>enjoy that whip
Been here for over ten years, sonny

>Kia
Why? It's Hyundais retarded step-child with worse reliability, worse build quality and a shittier dealer network. And $17,000?

A better built Elantra is $15,000, hell I got a 2016 Sonata for $18,600

Update: The tow company lost the car.
Yeah, I'm serious.

They apparently delivered it to the wrong dealer.
Took all morning to track it down, but it's where it belongs now.

In the hands of the most incompetent I have ever come across.

Keep us updated, i am still patiently lurking

Update 2:

Cars dead. 100% certifiably dead.
The oil gasket malfunctioned and the cars been running without oil for 50 miles.

Dealer told me they could replace the engine or replace with a another 'comparable' forte.

Jesus fucking Christ. This is a nightmare.
I live in MS, do I have ANY options here?

I dont want a 'comparable' car, and I sure as shit don't want a replaced engine in a car I literally just drove home and it broke.

Contact a lawyer.

>Dealer told me they could replace the engine or replace with a another 'comparable' forte.
>
>Jesus fucking Christ. This is a nightmare.
>I live in MS, do I have ANY options here?

Options:
1) Accept new engine and hope the repair staff is as experienced as the factory at installing Kia engines into Kias (not promising, but it is an option)
2) Accept new car and prey it was not made on the same day by the same hung over staff. (better option)
3) get a lawyer and get your money back under the lemon laws in your state
(best outcome, but it will take longer and you will be without your ride for a while)

A good lawyer should be able to get you rental reimbursement and such and maybe a little extra for pain and suffering. Were you hurt when the engine quit user? (wink wink)

Where to find a good lawyer? Ask a judge (seriously). Or, check out your local uni for a professor of law that also practices. Then get popcorn and watch the show...

Oh yes-- You learned an expensive lesson about getting what you pay for.

Buy once, cry once.

Yeah, you got fucked. They sold you a lemon. Lawyer up immediately.

>buy new
The tard escaped again

Why? He has options ONLY because he bought new.
If this was used, he'd be fucked right now.

Lmao this. If this were used he could break down in the dealers driveway after signing papers and they'd tell him to fuck off

This is your brain on Korea

Retard

If he sidnt buy new he wouldn't spend almost 30k on a fucking kia, seriously though why a kia

Samefag or new?

Also i meant 20k not 30k

I'm somewhat tempted to get a used Genesis G80, but the Korean car track record is so bad, that I think it's too soon to give them a chance.

Hard breakin are better

Whats your price range and what qualities are you looking for?

Lightly used, under $37,000 )unless it comes with a crazy CarMax warranty, then I'd pay a bit more) midsize/compact luxury-ish sedan. The Lincoln MKZ and Lexus IS 350 are on my radar right now. Maybe a used Audi S4 with a bumper-to-bumper warranty?

Honestly? Because my parents bought me a 2010 Kia forte when I went to college back in 2012.
They paid $9,000 used, and I payed them back while I worked and went to school.
I sold it for $5000, and used the money for a downpayment on this Kia.

Maybe I just drank the koolaid and got too attached, but I loved that car.
It had everything I wanted without too much extra bullshit.
And it while it certainly wasnt the absolute best thing in the world to drive - for my needs, it was great.
It handled and felt better than other comparable competitors.

Or maybe I just got Stockholm syndrome. I don't know.

Oh please, soccer moms all drive SUV's or minivans.

>College in 2012
Underage b...

>It's 2018
Oh shit... I'm just old.

Dude, call Kia and complain. It can only help.
I'd try to snag a gift card or something for my troubles.

Lots of manufacturers define one quart/liter for every thousand KILOMETRES as being inside normal parameters, tho.

>different special tool for literally everything
>cv joints everywhere possible
>anti-mechanic safeguards all around
>transmission computers think they're helping by refusing to upshift or engage gears
>expensive as fuck parts
>must common use buttons ALWAYS break
>even window buttons require dealer code
>special transmission fluid only available at the dealer

As a shade tree mechanic, I could write a whole book of grievances I have with mercs, but I did drive my w202(first car, before I did mechanicing stuff) into the ground and then some, and I got a pretty fuckin nifty screwdriver with that w163...

do you have guarantee? My hyundy has 16k kilometers still good

wew

If he sidnt buy new he wouldn't spend almost 30k on a fucking kia, seriously though why a kiaIf he sidnt buy new he wouldn't spend almost 30k on a fucking kia, seriously though why a kia

Also i meant 20k not 30k

Well, this is the proposition kia is offering with the Stinger. "Gimme $30-50k and you will get a 3/4 discount on a 4 series/A5 clone." Now extrapolate OP's issues with a $45k kia...

Keep a log and all documents. If you need a lawyer, this will help you immensely.