/domg/ - Dominions 4 General

Complete failure edition
I promised to show a battle report and here it is
Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Play by email guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Debug Mod
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Pantokrator

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=JapeCulture
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What a shoah.

What are some Ragha strats besides lol more gryphons?

lol more gryphons then find a province with cold scales then lol more air mages

Ermor chan is cuter!

I mean, the gold losses are only about 2k apart, and Mari is literally three times the size of Ragha with good scales. Mari will also replenish those losses faster, both because he can recruit from multiple forts, and because Zhayedans are sacred and have disgusting resource costs.
Not as big of a loss as the 301 - 37 numbers indicate.

The mages tho

Are actually cheaper than the Zhaeydan.

>tfw trying to get zhayedans killed to see if N9 bless effects the gryphon form
>tfw they either kill every single thing I send them to fight with no casualties or the commander dies and they run off
I was just trying to figure out a good bless.

Mari has NINE forts within one or two turn's movement of Ragha.

disgustingly enough, it does

N9E6 here I come.

oh my fuck

i sent wrong turn by mistake

can i get a rollback on AiUrselfBoy?

stupid nigger

Make it 4 am I right TC ayy lmao

t. Malakal

What did he mean by this?

Post fish.

Wait wtf? I don't want to re input my entire set of orders again. pbem manager downloaded the now-reverted turn 46. I sent in orders that I now realize are probably blank for this re-do of 45. Don't advance turn, I need some time to see how/where to salvage the old 2h file.

And you'd better not be cheating with information you got from watching the battles and then asking for a redo. I didn't even open the reverted turn.

okay I think I found the right outgoing email.

you dirty cheating senator

If you have the original turn 45 2h file, just send it again.

llamasever stores the old 2hs. unless pbem manager automatically submitted a blank turn, you should be ok.

even llama agree's he's cheating

To be honest ive sent my half assed unfinished orders too, and im not planning on changing them , so you might as well know my plans too

I'll see soon enough anyways though

When the fuck is Japeculture starting?

Thursday

What that, when is IsthereacharacterthatcouldevenpossiblyEVENTOUCHMadaraUchihaLetalonedefeathimAndImnottalkingaboutEdoTenseiUchihaMadaraorGedouRinneTenseiUchihaMadaraImnottalkingaboutJuubiJinchuurikiGedouRinneTenseiUchiha starting?

Can we get to tripple digit posts at least before we let the thread die?

Could you cut that out, Van? These provinces are barely worth anything to begin with, and I need to at least teleport out my mages before you take it.

Also, 32 def kind of makes fire shield a little less useful, I think.

Still burns cunts who get a hit in.

I will take those provinces back, and there's nothing you can do to stop me. First of all, you're not even getting any income from them. Second, each time you increase PD there, you make me a little more annoyed while not spending any resources on, you know, actually winning the game. Instead of asking me to let your shitty fishes out, you're adamant about keeping provinces that have absolutely no value to you. I've heard that UW shitters like being irrelevant, but now I truly see. Well, at least I get more kills for my thugs that way.

That lab you conveniently left for me is giving me gem income, which is something I am rather attached to. If you want to waste yet more thug turns killing 25g of troops, go ahead.

I'll just make a manual or goblet and move some vanheres there. I didn't want to, but you're being an annoying cunt, so I guess I'll have to. I hope you remember what happened the last time you decided to be a faggot. You literally could've asked me to let you move your troops out to go and do something productive (and related to winning the game), but I guess you just like wasting time.

If you are hiving this much asspain with riley on land what makes you think fighting them UW is a good idea?

Riley literally has 0 land provinces right now after I killed his thrash, so I don't understand what you're talking about.

I'm not in this game but I cant imagine why you think sending guys to fight underwater would be a wise tactical decision. Its like you want to get swamped by water elementals.

Riley has 1 province in an isolated lake in my cap circle that he took after Sy did some horror summoning. He can't recruit any mages there, and I can't allow him to build a fort and be even more annoying.

This Ryleh is feeding mages into indies. It's probably nothing beserkers can't handle.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=JapeCulture

Join up lads, we've already got 9 and plenty fun nations are left.

if an e2 mage is gven 2 gems and the script
summon earthpower
summon earth elemental (x2)
how much time is there between the two elemental summons? I'm scared because the scripting screen has the second one in red but I'd rather not use 3 gems per mage just for fatigue if it's safe not to off of the reinvig.

If we don't get anyone else for the next ~24 hours, I'll go ahead and start with 9.

In the meantime, if ~9 is what we're rolling with, gimme some relevant map suggestions.

How do I defend against an assassin that casts banish to inferno/cocytos?

Give him more targets like 30 scouts in one province.

despite what it says, pretty sure that fire shield procs on attack, not on shieldhit.

decoy with geryon contract

Banish doesn't kill

Where did others hit Ulm, if at all? I don't see, though his territory is so outsized that it's not a huge shock I can't view all of it (even though I can see 10 forts in my los)

In other news, Gunthamund the Earth Reader sieged a fort by himself, heroically dodging multiple rounds of crossbow fire. Good job Gunthamund...even if you are maybe a dead man now, you did an absolutely stellar job.

removal is frankly good enough for that kinda thing. It's unlikely to survive.

Water Bottles

I'm playing LA R'lyeh and now I'm broke

Does playing LA R'lyeh make you broke IRL?

The mage will spend both gems summoning the first earth elemental

Newfag here, heard there's a Japanese and Chinese nation. There any cute kitsune and tanuki?

Huli Jing for China and Kitsune for Japan.

Kitsune and Huli Jing appear in Vanilla but Danzaburou does appear as a summon for Shinuyama and Jomon in Magic Enhanced.

What a handsome aesthetic

Ok there are 12 now.

yuck

It actually has amazing mages to boot. Thankfully Ragha players never use them and juat spam gripons.

Sounds like a good moment to gank mari then.

So I looked at LA Xibalba in-game and are they supposed to have so few units (like 3 in mages&commanders and 3 in regulars) or was it due to sub-optimal placement of the capital? I mean, that's a low number of bats and frogs.

Well, this was a decent enough attempt, considering I didn't have any time at all to prepare the attack (because Oceania has never heard of garrisoning his thrones).

Is the 25 damage to pop mistform damage before prot is applied or after prot is applied?

Should be easy enough to test, use a water elemental on a 40 prot thing with mistform

>tfw your propheted scout found a quadbless mictlan that's trying to control scales with minimal bloodsac on turn 4

So can a propheted scout sit on its capital and kill it? Do it, save the maidens!

Yeah he can just stealth preach.

I am actually tri bless with dom 7 and I am sacrificing three blood slaves per month

Also, Malakal, I appreciate your diplomacy, but I really can't let you just take the last throne you need to win without at least trying to fight you for it.

Worth a try at least, maybe you didn't know. You are too tough on the fish, he was irrelevant all game and spent whatever gold and gems he had trying to raid me.

>mage support

What can I say, buffed Living Mercuries are just that good. Wish I had at least 1 turn to prepare.

They were hardly buffed though, I couldn't move mages in time.

So why is there so much hate for Late Age in these parts? At least I don't see people complain about EA or MA like they do about it.

Only scrubs complain about LA.

LA not only removes most mythical elements from the game but it also makes 90% of strategies usable in other ages unusable. Try playing a chaos scales nation (turmoil/sloth) in LA, good luck with that.

Its the age of humans and crossbows and blood and death/astral magic.

>removes most mythical elements from the game
>makes 90% of strategies usable in other ages unusable
That's a pathetic exaggeration if I've ever seen one.

Every age is astral age, wish and master enslave are the only two spells you will ever really need.

nice b8 m8 I r8 8/8 pls no ir8

>forgetting communion master and communion slave
Pure astral isn't great, but if you've got communion slaves, getting to the point where you can master enslave easily becomes a lot more feasible.

Who would waste a turn to cast that shit and risk getting casualties, when you can just use matrix?

>gems are free
You gotta get to the late game somehow.

do your turns

But my game hasn't started yet.

Why are you arguing with a troll?

How can anyone compete against my overpowered Pretender builds?

I don't know Doom, why don't you give us some ideas?

Sorry about the bump Neritia.

Remove Sandro.

Have mercy, he already suffer enough.

4.31 crack yet?

Good thing that there will be no Lemuria in my game!

Can someone list the remote site searching spells? (Or tell me what key it uses so I can look in the inspector)

effect_number 48

Thanks

You only need conjuration 3-5 and thaumaturgy 3-4.

Ellludia is your friend.

And evo 3.