Get interested in cars about 2 years ago

>get interested in cars about 2 years ago
>get my pos family car totalled by suv running a stop sign, 0% fault and get $3000 from insurance
>nice, time to buy my first real car
>spend days looking through ads of 80s/90s f-bodies, , mk3 supras, miatas, s-chassis...
>give up on all that and get an auto 7th gen civic for cheap repairs and midwest winters because i tried to be responsible

I feel like a fell for a bad meme getting a civic, is it possible to k20 swap this for under $2k-3k or am I better off just putting the money towards another car? I'm already planning on getting a miata this spring but I still really want to keep my civic as my daily and make it a little more fun to drive.

literally not worth spending anything on other than winter tires and basic maintenance

use the $3,000 as a down payment when you're ready to buy a real car - not a fucking Miata

or you know, just keep blowing thousands on shitbox after shitbox and be a poor piece of trailer trash shit like vtak!yo

Keep it as it is and save for a miat.

>down payment
Don't listen to this user

t. dirty poorfag who drives a shitbox

I'm set on a miata for now. I think it'll hold me over for a long time, at that point hopefully I'll be in a more stable financial situation to get a fast car if I feel like it.

>he thinks his financed car makes him wealthy
Lmaoing at this kid

OP don't listen to this retard
Moral is:
>don't spend money you don't have

A better stereo will make it more fun to drive. Just consider your goals,op

>you will never own a home

hahahaha stay poor

Your mistake was not buying a manual. 8th gen manuals are the only modern civics worth buying. 7th is the next worst.

>falling for the mortgage jew
No, it is you who is poor.

>living life as a nigger with no house

haha

>not signing your life to a bank means you don't have a place to live
Hehe yes user remember to get a mortgage as soon as you can so pay us for 30 years and pay 3x what your house costs hehehehehehehehe

>lives in a trailer
>or an apartment

yeah these are your options unless you're a doctor or a NEET you brainlet
stop being poor

i solved this by building a beautiful house out of shipping containers and dumpsters

My brother unironically lives in a shipping container

It's not a bad decision to be honest. It can be built cheap enough to never take a loan for it.

W-where do you live?

Sounds like you made a good decision. I also own a daily shitbox and a Miata. Pretty happy with both. Don't fall for the modding meem though. It's a waste of money since selling your existing car and buying a faster one is always A LOT cheaper when it's about used cars.

Sesame Street

gmod houses don't count

>is it possible to k20 swap this for under $2k-3k
No.
The thing with those is that the engine isn't that bad, moreso if it's an EX. It's the 4 spd auto that really kills it. All the gears are too long to have usable power, trust me I know the pain of dat 2nd gear.
What you could do is swap a 5spd manual in, it isn't easy but the car will feel so much better it's ridiculous. Here's a redline per gear comparison for you
>4 spd
>5spd
Honestly wish I woulda kept mine and 5spd swapped it, that was such a good shitbox.

>k20
>2k-3k
Not for that price, just buy an EP3 or RSX/Integra that already has a k20.

I drive a Saturn s wagon.Its a nice car where I live

>fell for a bad meme

No, you just didn't research the meme and bought a fucking 7th gen. Gen in either direction and you would have been solid.

You know for $3k you could've gotten an EP3.

Just spend a little on some cheap rep wheels and a nice lip kit and a cheap ebay exhaust and intake and that will make it more likeable for you but you wont spend a fortune on like an engine swap and all thst crap

What the fuck, man?

Learn to save money like a real man, dumbass.