ITT: design features in vehicles that make you mad

ITT: design features in vehicles that make you mad

I'll start,

>fake dual exhaust tips

>automatic shifters with a leather boot to make them look like manuals

>rear cameras

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3546780/This-Queen-Mum-s-fridge-s-lasted-62-years-SIX-suspect-s-proof-today-s-gadgets-really-DESIGNED-wrong.html
activerain.com/blogsview/2853669/planned-obsolescence--the-story-of-a-great-refrigerator-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hubcaps with fake lugnuts, especially if all that is painted in the same color.

>rear cameras
Why hate something that is genuinely useful and barely visible on the exterior?

I find fake air vents or fake carbon fibre finishes to be annoying because its just making the car look like meme shit and not a sports car. (Civic type r)

small four door hatchbacks
you cant sit in the rear comfortably anyway so why bother, and 3 doors always look better even on the most utter shitboxes

Sound actuators in the engine bay, seriously, pls stop that.

Options that require other options to be bought as a pack.
Faggot OPs that dont provide sauce.

Wawaweewa

Things that will have to be replaced being buried super deep into cars/requiring shit tons of other parts removed to get to when it could placed somewhere more convenient.
LOOKING AT YOU HEATER CORES

that there's the thing. Options in options.
I need a 2018 new car that runs and drives, that's all. No high tech shit. Now find me one on the market.
Heck even the versa comes with shit that I don't need at all.

Alloy wheels that come with hub caps/wheel covers/trim rings

Pointlessly sloped roofs on SUVs/crossovers/wagons

The term "4 door coupe". Some of vehicles are nice looking, but the designation is irritating.

ILLUMINATED EMBLEMS. Fuck Mercedes for popularizing that tacky shit.

this too.

ferry nice

>cup holders
Stop encouraging retards and thier stupid behaviour. Who the fuck ever has food and drink in thier cars anyway? No-one with any sense, that's who.

>spare wheels
Specifically, the removal of.
A really stupid and shortsighted idea that is promoted on the basis that you're saving money on fuel. Which is technically true, although the amount you save over a year by not carrying 15kg is barely noticable. However the cost reduction for the manufacturer is significant, the tradeoff being the driver gets fucked at some unspecified point in the future.
Replaced by runflats, which are the biggest scam going and completely unfit for motorway use (30mph limit when flat or they disintgrate so you can't use the main carrigeway, and driving down the shoulder will get you booked by the popo, AND you can only go about 30 miles before they come apart anyway).
Spacesavers, which are awful to drive on (but have a 50mph limit, still shit for motorways but at least you can move).
And cans of squirty foam that will straight up not work 50% of the time right off, and will not work at all if there is any damage to the sidewalls. It's only temporary so you have to get it fixed, and tyre shops won't repair foamed tyres, so you're buying new anyway. Utterly useless.
All of which require you to drop whatever you're doing and get it fixed right now, instead of just swapping the wheel over and carrying on and fixing shit whenever you like.
And given the rapidly deteriorating state of the roads since the local councils are chronically (and deliberately) underfunded, damage to tyres has become far more common. Spares are more needed now than they have ever been.

>glossy black piano dash trim

>cup holders
Sometimes I buy a large coffee on my way to work where am I supposed to place it smartguy?

claustrophobic interior design
every surface has to have a foot of plastic on it

literally everything that is electric but could have been mechanical or hydraulic instead

I too hate reliability and saving weight/cost.

The lack of a arms rest

I want my armchair god damn it

Maybe not buy coffee on the way to work and just have coffee at work.

>headunit isn't DIN
>steering wheel is slightly offset from the center of the driver seat
>steering wheel has two bottom spokes that you can put a hand inbetween but it's not as comfortable as putting a hand on either side of a three spoke wheel (looking at you Volvo)
>headrests that poke too far forward (looking at you AGAIN Volvo)
>sedan is almost liftback shaped but still isn't a liftback and has a tiny grocery hole instead
>any kind of car where the rear seats aren't foldable (what's the point of a big liftback trunk if you can't put a bicycle in it because the rear seats don't fold?)
>wagons or hatchbacks with lights or the license plate in the hatch lid so you can't legally drive them with the hatch open and cargo sticking out

>having food or drink in your car
Only pikeys and scrubbers do this.

You've never taken any kind of takeout with a cup of soda home?

>hydraulic starter motor
>alternator is replaced with a hydraulic pump
>hydraulic mechanical fuel injection

Interiors on most cars from the 2000s up. The outdated infotainment systems, the fake aluminimium plastic trim, the tonka truck gauges and shitty 'sporty' white faced dials.

I hate it all so much, 90s sports car interiors were the best. Simple, functional and sexy. They've aged so well.

>Aluminum caps on tire lugnuts

this thing

If anything that's bad because it's not complicated enough. It's a 200 grand car, why doesn't it wipe the headlights after spraying? 30 years old BMWs could do that.

>Undercarriage shield has like 4 different types and sizes of rivets, screws and bolts keeping it in

No.

just accelerate dude lmao

Its just a fancier looking headlight washer.

>Busy instrument panel
Modern cars have way too many information on the dash.

How is that over engineered?
Just a single cylinder pushing the sprayer out.
That's a like €5 part anyone can make.

>getting into dad's car with family around christmas
>my cousin gets to drive because she just got her liscence
>she's only driven her rich parents' cars
>"where's the back up camera?"
>this is the next generation of drivers

>tfw a back up camera shows even less than a mirror

fake tablet infotainment system

sorry my jon requires me to you know actually work not waste time waiting for a pot of coffee when i get there.

*job

>Who the fuck ever has food and drink in thier cars anyway?
Everybody that has to drive longer than 10 minutes.

>his boss doesn't allow him to make a cup of coffee at work
You should quit.

>not man enough to make a coffee at work because you'd get fired
lol holy shit you're a fucking cuck.

Cramped interiors, especially on higher end models and/or luxury models.

>ctrl f
>vent
>your post
I applaud you good sir. Fake vents are beyond nigger tier. The CTR takes it to the next level by also slapping them on the back, pic related

the "friendly beep" that lets you know you're about to hit something, which makes it impossible to back into your garage

Cars in general are cramped.
I've yet to sit in a car that wasn't.
Only a VW crafter (which is a van, not a car) is big enough to fit me in comfort.

Japanese cars are the worst. I have the seat of my '99 corolla set all the way to the back and still I have my knee against the shifter.
The Nissan Navara I once drove was even worse. Seat all the way to the back, and the back rest in a 45° angle, just to see the speedo and not have my head poking through the roof. I'm not even tall.

U wot m8? I grew up with my parents owning nothing but euro A segment shit (vw up!, seat mii, toyota aygo). 1.85m adults fit in the back just fine, they just won't have alot of room but it's nothing bad. We even went for 1000+ km roadtrips with those cars. They fit 4 tall non-obese adults just fine

christ that's gross, can you at least fit a regular bumper off a base model or something?

UP is the new Polo and Polo is the new Golf.

I'm glad my parents always had the 5 door versions, having a door and a window you can open is a blessing.

>They've aged so well.
Cars are close to refrigerator-tier planned obsolescence.

>huge dashes and center consoles that leave no leg room

>poor ergonomics in general

>huge touch screens

>4runner headlights and taillights sticking way out

>Busy instrument panel
Agreed. i don't want to have to search through a cluttered panel to find speed and fuel level.

reeeeeee

the NSX has the best interior bar none. I've sat in one once and no other word describes the feeling as 'cockpit'.
The only car that could possibly be more ergonomic in that regard is the Mclaren F1

>describes the feeling as 'cockpit'.
That cockpit look itself is dated 80's as fuck

I love boxy digital retrofuturistic interiors, though; pic unrelated

dual mass flywheels
>enjoy your whiplash

Yeah, I agree. Rear view cameras are an awesome safety feature. The fact that they are so modular and can be retrofitted to any car makes them that much better.

Agreed with exception : I've found two 4 door hatches that I could fit in the back comfortably, one was a Yaris, the other was an older Golf.

seatbelt dingers that go off at 5 mph, fuck you car I'm not putting my seatbelt on to go 100 feet to my house after getting the mail

I work for Mercedes and this is one of my biggest grievances with design, that goddamn tablet screen that looks like an afterthought.

>NO dct option
>no Manual option
>no v8/v6tt option
>no RWD option
>

please tell me you're not frequently running your engine for only 100 feet and shutting it off again.

Fug I would Berry my dick so deep...

I'm not fat, if I were my knee wouldn't be against the shifter, but against the passenger door.

I don't like when cars use form over function to an extent where it significantly reduces the functionality. Things that this might include are cup holders moved or removed to accommodate the shape of the console, door handles in a position that require the user to reach or turn their hand unnaturally, unnecessarily small windows, unnecessarily hard armrests, interior chrome placed in such a way that it blinds the driver when the sun hits it at a certain angle, lack of storage, and less intuitive shifter designs.

all in the name of making it look neat. You pretty much just summed up everyone's irritations.

Her name is Ashley Graham.

Bitch, 4 spoke is GOAT. 3 spoke steering wheels are ricer vidya trash.

Sounds like he's jumping out at the end of the drive, getting mail out of the mailbox, then hopping back in and driving up the driveway. Engine remains running.

>Engine remains running.
That's how you loose a car

what? people use the same refridgerators for decades

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3546780/This-Queen-Mum-s-fridge-s-lasted-62-years-SIX-suspect-s-proof-today-s-gadgets-really-DESIGNED-wrong.html

Your new fridge is only supposed to last about 5-7 years before it falls apart.
activerain.com/blogsview/2853669/planned-obsolescence--the-story-of-a-great-refrigerator-

>I did have one more question, though. Why did it "die" so early? I remember my parents and grandparents refrigerators lasting what seemed to be forever.

>His response: "They engineer them that way. They figure you'll get about 5-7 year out of them. That's why the extended warranty only covers years 2-5."

I actually want that, 80s corvettes had that feel

The C7 has almost the exact same ergonomics as a C4.

actual fake tips are retarded
but peope who complain about single exhausts that split into duals are dumb too

Fuckin A. Took the stealership three days to take everything apart and then put it back together.

Wrong

synchronized transmissions that make fuck boys think they're skilled

generally yeah, but I was referring more to the displays than their arrangement
pic related

Plot twist: base models also have them

>front left axle is pissing out diff oil and grease through the wheel
>have to disassemble the whole axle
>at least a 6 hour job to replace an $8 bearing

FUCKING TOYOTA

god, this car is disguisting

>can be retrofitted to any car
the steering angle sensors sure cant
at least that is a problem when fitting a new info system into a car that already had one

open bonnet
find cabin air intake box
remove one panel and two hose clips
heater core retrieved

>have to remove steering wheel before the dashboard
>cant remove carpet with seats installed

Vans. I hate vans so fucking much, specifically the pedal placement is so fucking retarded. Every van i've been in had the pedals too high up for any human being, and the pedals were also pretty much horizontal. How the fuck are you supposed to place your foot on that shit?
The steering wheel is also completely fucked. It lays almost horizontal too and is so fuckhyooj like a 2 feet pizza, except I want to shit on it insted. How the cunt do you turn that?
The seating position too. Its ALWAYS too high up, with the pedalsset being too close to you, and the wheel to far away. Also I always hit my knee on the steering column area.
Fuck all vans honestly. Something so fucking big, yet cant comfortably fit a 6'2" human? And they're designed to make over thousand mile long trips? Fuck you van designers. Eat shit.

Doesn't look that different from a Gen 7 Celica.
Or many other cars for that matter.

What van did you drive, birdman?

Probably every euro truck ever. Ducato, Traffic, Master, Sprinter, Transporter, Vivaro, Transit, Iveco. Ranging from old pieces of shit such as a 1980 ducato camper to a 2017 sprinter. You name it. All of them were really fucking uncomfortable.

Strange. The 2015 VW Crafter I drove was the most comfortable vehicle I ever drove.
But then again, my seat was already completely to the back and I'm only 183cm.

>namefag
>idiot
pick 2

Rear view cameras are nice in concept but normies will tunnel vision the screen and forget they actually operate a fucking car and that they should look everywhere, not just the screen. I've seen this happen in various countries. I imagine it must be even worse in burgerland with their awful driver's ed

Have some citroen C3 air filter. Buried all the way in the back, pretty much between the engine and firewall. There's actually a leaf blocking thing you need to remove before being at the point pic related is at.
>french cars not even once

Same on a Peugeot 307.
What an autistic design feature.

backup cameras are great, I don't get the hate for them either

my truck has shit visibility out the rear window so this just prevents me from running over toddlers by accident

>underdrive pulley on a c5 corvette requires you to pull off the steering rack
>notorious for going bad after 30k miles
fug

Plastic throughout the interior of "luxury" cars.
My friend recently bought an Audi RS3. The car performs great and while the interior design is excellent it is let down by plastic on the dashboard, centre console, etc.
A $100,000+ car should have no plastic that either driver or passenger can touch, it's a sin that this ever became acceptable.

There's a great opportunity for aftermarket panels such as pic related

>hubcaps with a fake 5 lug pattern when the car has a 4 lug pattern

Coupe is the same model but shorter than the sedan, door numbers have nothing to do with it.

I got you senpai, here's a shoop I say a while back on Veeky Forums

>radar cruise control
>lane keep assist
Just an excuse for people to not give a shit about how theyre driving or whether or not theyre paying attention to the road

Do we even talk about aftermarket designs? Then this. Guaranteed to make any car nigger once installed.