Underappreciated cars

What cars are underappreciated/underrated in your opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=82UUgxsIyoU
edmunds.com/jeep/liberty/2012/consumer-reviews/
kbb.com/jeep/liberty/2012/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zaYFLb8WMGM
youtube.com/watch?v=y1DG-P6oOGY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

whats so underated about a Jeep with an interior that has more plastic than a chinese toy factory?

Typical Chrysler garbage. Hard touch plastic everywhere and I can only imagine the squeaks and rattles in every little button you press.

It has a lot of good features for the money like a 5000 pound towing capacity and a choice of part-time or full-time RWD based 4WD with a 3:1 low range transfer case. It has a "brake lock differential" in place of a limited slip differential, which uses the brakes to lock the slipping wheel and send power to the opposite wheel. It uses a "unibody on frame" design which mixes a boxed frame with a unibody chassis. Its approach and departure angles are superior to that of the current Grand Cherokee, even with the Grand Cherokee's adjustable air suspension raised to the highest setting. The transfer case has a neutral position for easy towing behind an RV. Options include a panoramic soft top, heated leather seats, heated mirrors, power memory seats, auto climate control, auto wipers, auto headlights, rear parking sensors, 120v outlet, and a Uconnect touch screen head unit with a 30 GB hard drive for storing music, videos, and photos.

Overall, it is very capable off-road and only bested by the Wrangler in the Jeep lineup. It is, however, cheaper and better handling than the Wrangler, and comes with more standard features.

youtube.com/watch?v=82UUgxsIyoU

It's also relatively heavy and gas hungry

Thanks to Clarkson's weed carrier shitting on it for all the wrong reasons.

Weight is about the same as the Wrangler Unlimited Sport automatic 4WD (about 4,200 pounds) Fuel economy is about the same as the 2012-2018 Wrangler Unlimited JK (both 21 mpg highway), and slightly better than the 2007-2011 Wrangler Unlimited JK (19 mpg highway).

and no1 said the wrangler has good towing capacity or fuel efficiency. you are comparing one turd to another.

that thing is a pile of shit op

the commander is better in every single way.
(its still a pile of shit though)

I saw one of these at a car lot and was surprised to find out it actually has back seats. It was crazy how tight they were. Getting in them was fun.

the rear seats are there probably for insurance or manufacturing classification purposes. there gotta be a reason why having those useless seats there is better than not.

>and no1 said the wrangler has good towing capacity
Correct. It's 1,500 pounds less than the Liberty.

The Liberty benefits from being a newer design, so things like NVH and chassis rigidity are possibly better in the Liberty. The Commander does have nicer features like rear individual skylights, power adjustable pedals, and third row seating. The availability of more powerful engines is also a plus.

I don't know if I would prefer a Commander over the Liberty without driving and living with one first. I'd like to try one with the 5.7 liter engine. I think the Commander is also underappreciated.

They really do come in handy. It's better that I can take someone somewhere at a moments notice than not be able to take them at all.

The Volt is a great all-around car, but there are still many people who don't know how it works, or that they can have one so cheap.

That thing gets the correct amount of appreciation, which is none

>I think the Commander is also underappreciated.

It's really not. It gets exactly as much recognition and thought as it deserves

It has high owner satisfaction. Many reviewers found it to be better than they thought it would be.

edmunds.com/jeep/liberty/2012/consumer-reviews/
kbb.com/jeep/liberty/2012/

It's a good value for the off-road capability and features. A close competitor would be the Land Rover LR4, which is significantly more expensive.

I would say it's maybe the 3rd best civic

>superior angles compared to grand cherokee
>implying the grand cherokee is good in any way, shape or form

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zaYFLb8WMGM
lol

>Hard touch plastic

Why is everyone obsessed with this shit?

At least it won't peel and delaminate as on euro shitboxes.

because it feels like absolute shit. I have 20 year old saabs that are not peeling, are not delaminated. 20 years of sun and they still feel and look better than the interior of a 5 year old jeep.

You know, you're right. I always liked the look of these. While everyone else sees an upside down bathtub I see a sleek Japanese Porsche Speedster.

Wouldn't mind finding one cheap.

And it's $1500 to fix the AC flapper. My sis has one, it's shit. The model with the v8 is garbage also. Avoid. Liberty is a gas hog.
>Lr4
You have a rare talent for picking out unreliable expensive to repair shitboxes.

I like the design.

I mentioned it because I more often see the Grand Cherokee praised for its off road capability than the Liberty, despite its technically worse approach and departure angles. It does, however, have a better breakover angle.

While most of the materials aren't soft, I think the design is awesome. There's a lot of function in it too, like the huge center console that could possibly fit a gallon jug, and large arm rests on both sides. The front seats have a high amount of lumbar support.

There aren't many 7 seat off-road focused vehicles on sale.

Nissan Sentra SE-R

>7 seat

You mean 4 adult 3 children seating
Have you seen the back seats in commander?

you sound like a guy that has a cherokee posted to craigslist and is trying to talk it up on Veeky Forums so someone will buy it.

>brake lock differential
that's how a lot of traction control systems work, it's a cheap workaround

A small third row is better than none.

>that's how a lot of traction control systems work, it's a cheap workaround
It's more effective than a limited slip differential. It offers some of the benefits of a locking differential, but also doesn't have the drawback of poor maneuverability associated with a locking differential.

A LSD will not cause poor maneuverability. How do you guys come up with this stuff?

And no, it's not more effective than a proper LSD, since it can overheat the rotors, cause irregular wear on the pads, etc.

>A LSD will not cause poor maneuverability. How do you guys come up with this stuff?
I said it "doesn't have the drawback of poor maneuverability associated with a locking differential.", not a limited slip differential.

Geo Prizms.

Visibility looks good.

The interior, exterior and 4x4 are fine but the engines are hot garbage. Unless you have the 5.7 you'll have a bad time

The 3.7 is pretty good, imo. It has punchy low end torque and makes little vibration. The worst thing about it is the fuel economy.

The 4WD system really is in a league of its own, though.

these things are pretty solid and held their value well. always low mileage and babied by old people.

Here is a good video showing how well the brake lock differential works in the Commander.

youtube.com/watch?v=y1DG-P6oOGY