No snark, why do upper middle class whites buy these...

No snark, why do upper middle class whites buy these? I'm trying to wrap my head around suburban moms & dads who make good money who say to themselves, let's go blow $80k-95k on a gaudy ass Cadillac. Is it only because they lease so cheaply compared to Euro SUVs of with similar msrps? Young boomers who are still brainwashed by muh buy American?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Z106gSS_tE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>white people buying escalades

Must just be your part of freedom land. Around my parts upper yuppies all drive Lexus.
Actual rich people drive Mercedes, or since most people are rich because of the insurance industry and Berkshire they are tight asses and buy Buicks.

those are just dumb faggots with poor money-management. they make too much and don't know how to build wealth.

real millionaires drive F150's and Suburbans. Read the Millionaire Next Door

There's nothing wrong with an Escalade. Huge and roomy, cushy leather seats, high driving position, the latest luxe features, safe and shows off your upper social status.

If I was the typical American family with 2.5 kids and a dog I would choose an Escalade over something like a minivan for sure.

It's one of the few 3 row SUV's that can actually fit somebody in the back. It's also got a V8 and can tow a big boat or travel trailer comfortably. Most of the luxury of a Euro SUV without the retarded maintenance fees.

The whites buy them new and sell or re lease them after 4 years. It's the ethnics that buy them cpo.

gee user idk

The superior choice

why buy a $90,000 truck from a soon to be defunct manufacturer? lincoln will be gone by 2020-2021

>Lincoln will be gone by 2020-2021

Lemao

I see vapid colored women and niggers drive those the most.

I see upper middle class white women and boomer rich white guys driving the 2016-2018 ones

so many bitter poor people around here. so sad

i dated a wealthy girl who lived in the hamptons. i spent a lot of time down there.

actual rich people drive mercedes, people who are rich but still are smart with there money drive lexuses and either buy a new one each year or drive one for 12 years before they’re forced to get rid of it. for example my ex’s father was a commodities trader that worked on wall street for a large portion of his life. so they were extremely well off, but they still made very smart financial decisions. they drove a 12 year old lexus suv (that big boxy one) until the electrical system gave out at like 250k, other cars include a 10 year old 4runner and a new lexus suv. but mind you they probably had millions in the bank and lived in a super nice house in Westhampton 2 minutes from the beach

humblebrag aside, i’ve never seen more s550’s, g63’s, and land cruisers and ranger rovers in my entire life. if you’re ever in long island on NY 27 and you’re out near the hamptons in the summer, try and count the number of s class mercs you see. it’s basically every other car down there.

you wanna know what i didn’t see? tahoe’s, caddy’s, or anything like that. they’re gaudy and they do not fit in. an sclass is an actual status symbol, a big stupid caddy is too loud and obnoxious for actually wealthy areas. the term “stealth wealth” is real. wanna know what rich people trucks are? frame off restored broncos in perfect condition

>pic related
this is what the hamptons actually looks like. the towns are tiny and so are the roads and parking spaces. and guess what? all those giant houses that you hear about that celebrities live in (ive driven past joe biden’s summer home for example), you can’t fucking see a single one because they all have 25 foot privacy hedges

this, its a great car and its far from gudy

Nothing better but passing faux richs in the ditch in my burban. Money doesn't make up for lack of brain.

Its a gm product, reliable, 4x4, tons of cargo room, comfy, holds book value well.

Could be some of the reasons.

Personally doing pretty good financially I drive a 99 Toyota land cruiser with 250k miles, and a 07 camry hybrid with 177k miles.

Rather spend my money on a sailboat.

What is the reason someone would buy an Escalade over the Benz GLS-550?

6.2 liter V8, 420hp, 460ft/lbs of torque, real 4wd even a 4LO, 5.9 second 0-60.

It's luxury that oozes utility.

Needs twin turbos to make 29 more horsepower. The Mercedes would be more expensive to maintain.

>i dated a wealthy girl who lived in the hamptons
>actual rich people drive mercedes

So you're basing this off your anecdotal evidence? nice.

the truth is people with wealth drive whatever the fuck they want because they have the option to.

>those are just dumb faggots with poor money-management. they make too much and don't know how to build wealth.
my ex's dad had one of these. cuase he doesnt want to drive a minivan
also had a shelby for his wife, a raptor as his DD and a decked out jeep for his daughter/my ex
i told her she should get it painted pink

rich oil company son I used to drink with:

"It's comfortable."

That was it. Family liked the big 3 because murrica, and the escalade was the top of the line luxury vehicle so that's what they bought.

there's not really any big 3 competition for the escalade. Ford is trying with the navigator but gonna take a long time to build a name.

Holds book value well compared to which peer lux SUV that doesn't? I could be wrong, but doesn't the GLS450/550 hold its value really well? Ditto latest gen Range Rover.

Which is funny because first-gen Navigator literally created this segment.

Actual rich people drive Porsche. The old money type.

Source: I work construction in one of the richest neighborhoods in the country.

idk man, the area codes i frequented during the summers were among the top 5 wealthiest in the nation and i beleive quogue or sagaponack (i can’t remember long island town names are all fucking weird sounding) is among the wealthiest zip codes in the entire world.

we went to college together near loudenville new york, which is also one of the richest zip codes in the united states. all bmws, mercs, range rovers and stealth wealth cars like land cruisers

so while my evidence may be anecdotal, it shouldn’t be ignored. i literally have first hand experience with the wealthiest people in the world. i have fucking shaken hands with the CFO of j.p. morgan chase. wanna know what they drove at the time? a GLK suv but i’m sure he had a porsche(s) hidden away like most of them - not a fucking big stupid caddy

I unironically like Escalades and would buy one
>Not even black or female

they are big, three row seat big.
they are cheap to maintain.
Very good dependability according to JD power.
They are cheaper than a Benz GL or lexus LX/GX

Most people don't really have an eye for aesthetics and will buy ugly shit.

IF you need a big dependable SUV its either the gmc yukon, caddy, or lexus.

Old money people don't live in "neighborhoods" you fucking creature.

They also drive Range Rovers, Land Cruisers and Volvo estates. If they have a sports car it's either something totally obscure, or their dad raced it at Le Mans as an amateur. The only old money people buying or driving Porsches are in Austria, because that's where the Porsche family live.

Can you imagine some WASP guy going into a Porsche dealership and standing around waiting for someone with hair gel and too much aftershave to come talk to him? I can't, either. He's down at the Volvo shop having the 450k mile 850 looked at. It's the same reason he wears Lobb shoes and not Versace, a Patek and never a Rolex. Austria for skiing, never Switzerland. He never flies first class. They're not into shit.

>three rows
>still larger trunk than my wagon
I'm only wondering who could possibly need this much space, apart from those religious folk with five kids.

Oh, and something else. GM's rear window engineering is a fucking joke. Look at all that fucking space and the tiny fucking porthole they've put in it.

>he thinks 460 ftlbs is good for a 6.2L engine
>while sipping 15 mpg
Learn to fucking diesel in large vehicles, you shmucks. A three liter turbodiesel makes this much torque nowadays while getting 30 mpg combined. Same pull, half the size, double the economy.

1 mom, 1 dad, 1 dog, 1 kid, all your stuff for a week at the beach.

1 mom, 1 dad, 1 kid, 2 of kids friends, or if you have 2 kids 1 gets to bring each of their friends.

The age of your money doesn't really dictate what you buy. Some people like porsches.. so they will buy a porsche. Some people don't give a shit about cars, so they will buy a lexus or volvo or whatever the hell they think will be the least trouble/what their parents had.

Maybe one guy had a ride to go shooting in his friends range rover and thought it was nice, so he bought one.

I know an old money family that has 20 or 30 911s.. they also have a panamera and macan.

If you want to talk about old money vs new money, generally old money doesn't care what you think, new money wants to make sure you know they have money.

>1 mom, 1 dad, 1 dog, 1 kid, all your stuff for a week at the beach.
That's five seats if you wanna give the dog a little room.
>1 mom, 1 dad, 1 kid, 2 of kids friends, or if you have 2 kids 1 gets to bring each of their friends.
That's still five seats.

I fail to see where the third row comes into play, or why you can't get a more economical vehicle and throw a box on the roof for the two weeks a year you're on vacation.

Not everyone rich enough to buy fancy cars does actually know anything about them or have good taste in them.

3 on a bench seat is gross and is for poors. The middle seat also isn't as safe.
>roof boxes
decrease economy and roof boxes are for poors
>more economical vehicle
fuck sake stop being poor!

I do totally get what you are saying, but some people choose to sacrifice 5mpg for convenience and extra space. The money you are saving, assuming you drive 15,000 miles a year ends up being a little over 600 a year.

The third row in my wife's GX and the one in my friends Yukon XL gigantor gets used often. at least once a month, if not the seats then the extra space. Kids to golf, kids to sailing, kids to basketball, kids all over the fucking place. If not that then the extra space.

>3 on a bench seat is gross and is for poors
First of all the bench seats on full size vehicles are fucking enormous. Secondly I can follow what you're saying when it comes to adults, but three kids easily have enough space across the rear bench of any normal automobile. What kinda twisted mindset reigns in your family if you or your kids find it disgusting to sit next to each other?
>roof boxes decrease economy
The two weeks a year you use them. A full size brick decreases economy the entire year. That's the entire point of only attaching things when you need them. No one right in their mind drives around with an empty bed 340 days a year either. Also the savings would be far higher where I live, and pay for a roof box and even a small utility trailer in about a year.

Escalades are gaudy beyond comprehension. I never understood it.

I think most Escalade buyers know the GLS- 450/550 and Range Rover exist, but they see the Euro sleds as FOREIGN and their style/badges as even snobbier than the "American luxury" the Caddy sled offers

I also think even though GM execs offshore everything to Mexico, China and Korea many gen X'ers and boomers still believe the "buy American" bullshit myth, especially people in the Midwest, Texas, the south

In short, the Escalade is for gullible suckers with more money than brains

what model/year is this audi?

Found it on the internet, I think it's an A4. Not the most spacious wagon in the world, there are larger ones, I just wanted to illustrate the principle. A large enough roof box doubles the cargo volume of an A4 wagon, these boxes are not to be underestimated.

3rd row is for kids; prob not your own kids, but your day for school carpooling and travel sports teammates. And when kids aren't back there you fold it down for space

AHAH! you see.. they needed an SUV to get the rest of their stuff, its parked right next to the wagon!

You're aware that it is common for strangers to park next to each other in public spaces, right?

yes, but they are both opened at the same time, the SUV is clearly a support and cargo vehicle.

You know, I'm not gonna argue with you any longer. You're obviously just having a fucking giggle.

Not really. New rich white people here drive Teslas, Lexus, Mercedes and BMW. The Merc E-Class is probably the standard car of "rich" people here. Same goes for new money Asians and Hispanics although they often also jump on Maseratti/Audi and Infiniti respectively. A lot of the truly wealthy people I know just daily plain old hybrid sedans like the Camry, Prius, Fusion etc and have a fun car on the side. Recently I've been seeing many in Volvos and Genesis'.

What kinda twisted mindset reigns in your family if you or your kids find it disgusting to sit next to each other?
So this is how you will justify a wagon? Have you ever sat next to anyone cramped in a small space for longer than 4 hours?
>The two weeks a year you use them. A full size brick decreases economy the entire year.
I think the point is that when you are rich enough to own these vehicles, you don't care about gas mileage.
>Also the savings would be far higher where I live, and pay for a roof box and even a small utility trailer in about a year.
Not everyone is poor and not everyone lives in Europe.

In reality, the better choice for this isn't a wagon, but two vehicles. A conversion van for road trips and a sedan as a primary vehicle. Then you have a proper road trip machine and a DD so you don't have to compromise. That's what we do and it works much better than an SUV or wagon.

>Have you ever sat next to anyone cramped in a small space for longer than 4 hours?
Yes, and it wasn't that bad. Made for part of my childhood holiday memories, it's part of it.

Also no one fucking owns conversion vans anymore.

That's weird, cause my late grandfather was a millionaire and he drove a '97 Tracker.

>Yes, and it wasn't that bad. Made for part of my childhood holiday memories, it's part of it
Then you and I disagree. I don't like being cramped with no leg room for six hours.
>Also no one fucking owns conversion vans anymore.
They should be more popular. They are better than those luxo SUVs people buy and a better vehicle for road trips and hauling shit. You can get a new decent conversion van for $45k while a base suburban starts at $43k. I've seen $65k to $70k vans put Escalades and Denalis to shame in passenger luxury.

Sounds like an investment

>people in NY usually don’t drive giant SUVs
>every where else in America people do the exact same thing.

The delusion in that post could only come from a New Yorker.

If people had the choice it would be 40% body on frame trucks, 40% PL7X and 10% others.

the car wont go fast if you don't have power.
youtube.com/watch?v=5Z106gSS_tE

KEK the larping is strong with this one.

Gs, GLSs, and Rangies depreciate like an egg salad sandwich compared to an Escalade.

The only luxury SUV that doesn't is the LX.

It's true. the ones you see in the hood are usually second hand

The DC area is strange in regards to what rich people drive here. This may be due to the various culture clashes in this area with old money, big law, politicos, tech millionaires, lobbyists and rich black government contract firm owners (PG County MD is the one place in the nation where blacks out earn whites) driving everything under the sun.

Speaking of blacks the ones around here with money drive Lexus and Infiniti.

>3.5% of millenials save their money and actually invest it
>millenials are staying poor even at 100k jobs

Neither will a Crudillac. Governed at 112 mph because Detroit doesn't trust its own heaps of shit to go any faster without developing lethal handling errors or otherwise finding a way to crash. A vehicle that size is far better off with more torque instead of more power.

>they make too much
>don't know how to build wealth
>They should drive cars that are old and shit to give the impression of good money management
>having a nice luxo car is a show of near bankruptcy
>they should only skimp on their vehicle despite having an interest in cars or wanting at least one luxurious item
Worry about the (lower)middle class getting loans to attain luxo/premium items and not wealth building

Boomer LARPing should be banned really

Because whites make so much money they can afford to absorb the huge depreciation so colored folk can afford them after the lease is over.

>Boomer LARPing should be banned really

this. so much of it goes on this board. its pathetic tbqh.

woah really made me think. fucking troglodyte

Lol, kid.
Learn about life before calling people names.

If you're over the age of 18 and still think that way, you're the one that has to learn more about life, kid.

>The Hamptons
>Westhampton

Did you never go any further East than that? There absolutely are beautiful houses and streets you can see from the road in East Hampton and Sag Harbor.

Doubt it. Lincoln will probably be a dumping ground for Ford's sedans and coupes since the Ford division is planning to focus more Crossovers, SUVs, and Trucks in the future (Ford of America that is). Only car they're gonna keep producing under the Ford name is the Mustang and probably the GT.

well yes, i’ve been all over the end of the island. i was just exaggerating. and to be more specific she lived in westhampton beach on dune road, so i guess that can give you an idea of my “hamptons experience”

I just did an autotrader search for new AWD Escalade & new Mercedes GLS-450 4MATIC, sorted with lowest price first. Tons of inventory for both at around ~$75K. So again, who the fuck chooses the tacky ass Caddy over the new GLS?

They're both ugly turds you blind faggot

The Escalade has a real 4wd unit, more power and larger.

>who the fuck chooses the tacky ass Caddy over the new GLS?

Cheap ass wealthy people who don't want the $600 oil changes for a peace symbol on their grille. It's not exactly good when a $120k suv is on auto trader at $75k at less than a year old.

In theory the caddillac would last longer since its a truck disguise as a luxury car and people love big trucks.

The GLS is just as tacky.

european competition has become ugly as shit
2018 escalade imo is the best looking SUV of all time, even though it's probably put together like shit and breaks when the warranty is over.

Upper middle class people do not buy those, middle and lower class people heavily in debt do. Then gangbangers do once they're 5+ years old.

It's wide just like them.

>it doesn't happen because i have never seen it happen

yeah you sound smart

This. Even in the South from my experience, Escalades are only driven by niggers. Rich people drive Cayennes, GLS, Range Rover, Bentayga. Personal anecdote but I think it holds a little bit of truth

My dad almost bought and escalade but i talked him into the GMC

>implying any, ANY SUV can ever top the literal pinnacle in automotive design of pic related

Why the fuck would you buy a car for other kids? My money would only go with the thought of my own family and if my kids wants a friend with him, he most likely fits too, but i wouldn't buy it for that reason.

People that can afford 3 row SUV's usually don't even have many kids. It's a retarded trend, as if people see cars just as "space with music" to move around

no way. I mean all these 3 seaters are huge, so they're de facto obnoxious, but GLS is tastefully understated. maybe not quite the patrician Q7 but far superior to the ghetto in-your-face Caddy

wise move. SLT or Denali? I like the SLT premium grill more than the Denali

yup. mostly boomers obsessed with having space for......stuff, ex. "you never know"

really it just means boomers are so fucking rich and have looted so much from the country they can't spend it fast enough. they get so bored and just blow money on dumb shit

no. it's tacky af and 80 grand

What do you guys think of my 2011 Sport? Got it for 26k because of Canada's shitty exchange rate back when I lived there

Every exterior light is LED except the front turn signals. For what actual purpose?

I always wonder that too. It's either because incandescent turn signals look classier or they're too lazy to figure out led turn signal circuity.

Why does anybody buy ugly ass luxury SUVs regardless. I still can't understand wanting a shitty Benz SUV if it wasn't bad enough owning a Benz.

Everytime I see these trucks I always laugh, it's fucking 70k+ luxury suv with regular bulbs. They could've integrated it real nice into the huge DRLs they have. They had to have run out of money or someone was like "kek we forgot turn signals, throw them where the fog lights are."

Because it's nice to have a big, comfy suv for long trips and even in the city. They aren't much worse than a large sedan on gas and with sedans over 5000lbs now I can see why people just go with a 6000lb suv instead.

Wasteful, exstravagant spending!!

Its spending money for the sake of money. : nothing has changed about the barge except for being hideous after 2007; a rich person would rather have an old one and have a second and/or third vehicle.

But no... everybody wants to be hood rich/rednecks.

Damn..... Suburbanites.

G-class depreciate? LOLWUT