[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

Another slice of cute electric Belgian waffle edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Chicken Strip Support Group

/dbt/ map: Meet & fuck:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:
Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Beginner-friendly bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

webms with sound:
Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VH60-R8MOKo?t=21
youtube.com/watch?v=1pM1j2d1RMU
youtube.com/watch?v=V_ULWpo4q74
youtu.be/Sazct16QtWg
courses.me.berkeley.edu/ME102B/Past_Proj/f03/Proj11/discuss.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yamaha

A best

supermotos and dirtbikes are for juvenile delinquents

Do they all have that clutch rattle when the bike is in neutral? It seems like it's a very common yamaha thing, but it's unsettling. I'm just going to ride the thing.

Is there any sportbike worth owning other than a Hayabusa?

If so, how?

Supermoto yeah.
Dirtbikes are for men

yes. own one

Literally anything else that isn't a suzuki

every bike i've ever had does that

>sportbike
>Hayabusa
the Busa is a tourer you mong

How do we prepare for the next dark ages, when electric motorcycles are the only permissible option?

Low range, 100km, at best, then the battery packs lose potency, so after 5 years, this is 50km a best. High speeds on the highway, like motorcycles are for, cut this down even more.

Bicycles are probably the only two wheels vehicles not banned in the future.

Were they all yamahas? Maybe the FZ09 is so damn smooth when the gears are engaged that it's pronounced when in neutral. I called it a clutch sound, but now that I think about it, it might just be the disengaged gearbox having wiggle room.

wut

Electric bikes and cars aren't going to be the norm until battery tech catches up. It's far more like that they will ban motorcycles for safety reasons before they even get that far.

Not him but to be fair that thing was a 'hyperbike' back in it's day. It's basically a sport tourer now.

2 Hondas, a KTM, and a Suzuki. They just make a very faint sound when the clutch is engaged. It's only audible with the engine at idle in neutral. It goes away when I pull the lever.

>electric belgian waffle
wait what, i thought /dbt/ hated Ecycles

>safety reasons

Not to mention emissions and noise reasons.

Honestly, I don't understand how motorcycles are still legal in North America and Europe. It's not like any company honestly makes any real money selling them.

It's a matter of time before they make you wear a full-face helmet to drive a 3 ton SUV. Let alone allow people to ride a motorcycle.

For electric bikes to ever become the norm battery tech needs to evolve immensely. Enough so that these problems would be mininal/not exist at all. And to be fair I look foward to electric bikes becoming a thing (but not for them killing ICE bikes, that'd be awful).

I wouldn't be surprised if political classes the world over pushed for that. Here's hoping it doesn't come to pass.

Have motorcycles been banned based on that premise anywhere? I know about tiered licensing obviously but outright ban on that premise?

Electric bikes have potential, don't be mean to them.

It never was a "hyperbike"
It's always been an oversized tourer
What's famous for is being capable of halo car -tier speeds and having 0 down financing

Yep, that's exactly what I'm experiencing. My GSXR 750 and SV650s never do anything like that, but maybe it's the FZ09 being buttery smooth. The SV makes an awful racket when it's in perfect shape and running right. The GSXR is just quiet when idling, but I've never noticed any difference between clutch engaged/disengaged. It's also my race bike, so I don't think I've done much with it out of gear either.
I don't believe so
Surely hope not. If anything, it will be a law that most likely grandfathers bikes anyway. Your current machines will remain legal, but there will be rules for new ones. Maybe when we go to fully automated cars and whatnot.
Instant, mountainous torque and no deafening exhaust note? Sign me up when batteries aren't shit and they don't weigh 600lbs.

yes it was indeed called a hyperbike

and just because it can be used as a touring rig does not mean it is explicitly a touring bike. Look at the Concourse 14 and the ZX-14. Both can be toured on but only one is specifically a touring bike

I could see them killing off bikes older than [insert time period here] like they did with cars/motorcycles in Paris.

Probably that together with some law that requires the new bikes to have automated everything.

This shit is just a theory of ours and it already pisses me off. We are long due for a cleansing of the political classes of the west.

>you will soon have a bike that can follow you around indoors
youtu.be/VH60-R8MOKo?t=21

will it piss on the carpet?

Yes.

>Low range, 100km, at best, then the battery packs lose potency, so after 5 years
Electric bikes are already better than this..

tell me you guys remember this:

youtube.com/watch?v=1pM1j2d1RMU

The more even the power pulses are, the less the clutch rattles. Singles with light flywheels are worst, i3 and i4's with balance shafts have the least clutch rattle.

>oversized tourer
Oversized? Not sure you know what a touring bike is

post good kawasakis

Fell on my ass working on my demonstrations at work any advice on uturning better and maneuvering better on 250 cc

Git gud

He said good.

Any bike nicknamed, "the widowmaker" is gud in my book.

ever ride one?

>still_no_grom_to_get_fucked_on.jpg

jesus christ suzuki you're not even trying

Thanks Daddy

Those were notorious for their peak power, right?

I remember something about how they had a more top-oriented power curve or whatever.

Not peak power no but midrange they had a surge and a stomp that puckered your asshole. Add that to it's light weight and wheelbase shorter than many 600's and...well yeah. Not too many can claim the same but the K5/K6 and 3rd Gen CBR1000RR were similar in power delivery but with more weight and longer wheelbases. The 1st Gen 10R was at about the top of the list for hp/wt ratio for quite a while

hot

no more from me

>Noa Mizutani.

Hnnnng. I bet her armpits are salty.

youtube.com/watch?v=V_ULWpo4q74

3:11 She's a qt.

I fucking hate Europe with its cucked licensing laws, pretty much every bike I want has more than 48 hp and I still have 1.5 years to go until I can get an unlimited license

>he doesn't have a big boy license but rides an A2 bike anyways
LMAO

just derestrict it

one of the KTM 390's is probably the best you can do

Restrict it
At least on paper
Plenty of nice bikes on a2
I'm only doing A to get my current bike to full power, but all the shitbikes I want to get can be had under A2
Fuck, even an r1100gs fits in a2

Ayy shibe
Go to bed don't you have work tomorrow?

simple trick
get older

>Winter so it gets fucking cold
>No garage so biek lives outside in the garden
>Battery often goes almost flat if its been frosty over the weekend
>Bought a jump starter pack for emergencies but don't want to use it all the time
I'm going to buy a battery charger but I don't have any external power sockets, what the fuck am I supposed to do dangle an extension lead out a window and wrap everything in bags so it doesn't blow up in the rain?

I'm a complete poorfag so getting a proper outdoor socket is out of the question

>what the fuck am I supposed to do
Not be a disgusting peasant and get a garage.

I'm restricted to a 125 for only 8 more months. What 125 should I buy?

I don't like the YZF, nor can I find one in one piece.
I don't like the WR, not can I find one in one piece.
I like the XT but I can't find one
I like the DTR but I can't afford one
I like the Aprilia RS but they're rare to come by, and I'm not sure if I could properly keep one maintained? I have no idea.

My only real option is a CBR it seems, unless anyone knows anything better?

>Me
>Work
Newfag :^)

You should get an 8 month ban, underage
We're waiting for the aero team to tell us how they want the wings and bodywork, then I'll have to cram all the important bits in the car

CBF?
YBR?
Varadero?

Only one I like there is the varadero, however I don't know if a touring style bike is really what I'm in the market for.

Kawasakis need a professional suspension set up, but once that's done they are nice bikes. the other three of the big 4 tend to ship their bikes with more appropriate suspension set ups especially suzuki which is known for a balanced set up from the factory.

Well there's not really much else desu unless you want a cruiser, I have a BN125 which is ok.

Might be best waiting the 8 months to get your licensing sorted

I like the GSXR125 soooo much but I can't find one anywhere

Take the battery out of the bike

Garage and battery tender feels good man

>watching motorcycle reviews
>this bike makes 180 brake-horsepower at the wheel on the dyno
>brake-horsepower at the wheel
>brake-horsepower
>at the wheel
>brake
>wheel
how has no one told them they sound like a mongoloid

Wait for the XT

BHP
It's how the Brits say it
It's like being bummed at the Germans for saying PS
Or the Italian with "cavalli vapore"
Or Oz and kilowatts

>I'm not sure if I could properly keep one maintained
They require more maintenance, but it's way easier to do.

Are your brakes not at your wheel?

bhp is horsepower taken off the crank of the engine it is higher than wheel horsepower because there is no transmission loss.

>mfw aussies have it right

>brake horse power
>brake
Crank horse power is measured at the crank.

Radical idea when you commute every day by bike my man

Will be stolen literally the night you park it up

you are being obtuse, the definition hasn't anything to do with the brakes on your car.

Want.

Worse. You can't "measure at the crank" as there is no power take-off at the crank that is actually available from outside the engine. So what the manufacturers used to do, is take the pistons and rods out of an engine, then measure the power needed to drive the trans/clutch/crank to speed from the rear wheel. they would then add that back to dyno results and call that "crank horsepower"

It was bullshit, of course. After Performance Bike magazine busted the big four for their shenanigans, the Japanese pretty much stopped publishing HP figures. That and California making it a crime to use anything but SAE Net it advertising a vehicle.

>he's never seen a brake dyno
Wew

youtu.be/Sazct16QtWg
Just finishing the custom tail

Actually that's a bad angle to clearly demonstrate it's not an l.

Your weather can't be that cold if you're commuting by bike, your battery is probably just shit and needs to be replaced.

>flat if its been frosty
If it's not a Lithium, then your battery needs replacing.

you mean a chassis dyno, you obtuse mong you

>You can't "measure at the crank"
what is an engine dyno

The blind arguing with the blind

courses.me.berkeley.edu/ME102B/Past_Proj/f03/Proj11/discuss.htm

Brake dyno

>berkley
fuck you libcuck