Dumb question: does the term "sedan" refer to the shape of the car, or to the fact that it has 4 doors? In other words...

dumb question: does the term "sedan" refer to the shape of the car, or to the fact that it has 4 doors? In other words, can a 2 door be called a "sedan"?
Pic related.

I get you but the thing is I've seen the term "2 door sedan" being used. Also "4 door coupe".

I have one of those

Nice! I love the old Neon.

>1999_dodge_neon_coupe
>"_coupe"
>"Is this a sedan?"
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm really makes one process information using the neural organ commonly referred to as the "brain"

My question is can a coupe be called a sedan, or does coupe mean 2 doors and sedan mean 4 doors. In other words, are coupe and sedan opposites?

I'm putting a SRT4 drivetrain in it currently.

From what I can tell, sedan used to mean 4 door, coupe meant 2 door. Now a sedan is a door will full framed windows, a coupe is a frameless window door. Petty much everything else is irrelevant on the car.

If the car is identical to the 4 door version dimensionally and simply lacks 2 doors, it can probably be considered a 2-door sedan.

If I remember correctly, "sedan" refers to a 3-box design, so the engine compartment, passenger compartment and trunk are all separated from each other.

Is that a Chrysler badge on the hood? It looks round in the pic, but I thought only the Dodge version had 2 doors.

Its a Plymouth

Oh right I forgot about those

yeah, those people are wrong.
a sedan has 4 doors, 5 seats, and is split into 3 separate segments. the engine, the body, and the boot.

So my Subaru wagon is a coupe? I think you'll find the windows are quite frameless.

with
>2 door sedan ()
in consideration, i'd say 4 fullsize seats (as in the back ones can comfortably fit at least 2 adults)

there's a word for a 2 door sedan.
its coupe.

new Texas plates have no personality tbqh

So something like a Monaro/GTO that's a 2 door version of a full size sedan and has decently roomy rear seats?

I like them better than the last two styles, they were far too busy.

Is the trunk a separate compartment?

Yes, 3 box design. No pass through.

?

That's 2 box, the trunk is not separate from the passenger area.

It's a scam to get people to pay extra for the cool plate designs. Also lets cops profile broke spicniggers.