The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fPDV0abXEtY
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Useful

First for better thread

Didn't EA hit the Titanfall guys with a C&D? It'd be the same with BF1 weapons/clothing.
Although I'm sure there are ways to just upload the mod files, have someone else download them, scrub them, then upload them themselves on another site. EA couldn't pin it on you.

What's Don Quixote trying to show here?

If you mean Uncle Gunman he hasn't said anything.

Haven't heard anything about the armor customization guys

Not them specifically, but the guys who were ripping models from the games, yes. Gunman etc were just sourcing the models from these rippers, who got threatened and so stopped.

You missed it, fool, but I appreciate that you tried here.

Nice thread OP.

/xcg/, what's your favorite ayy from the entire franchise (counting only main series games: UFO: EU, TFTD, Apoc, EU/EW, X2)?

just let her die

For obvious reasons

Sectoids for ayy /ss/

Let's talk about how shitty Phoenix Point is

Any of you guys playing BattleTech when it comes out?

UFO: Chyrasslid
EU: Thinmen
TFTD: Lobstermen
Apoc: Sploders
X2: Faceless

>Sniper just got Salvo as their hidden perk

I have grown rather fond of the jellopeople.

/Andromedonfags/ WHERE U AT?

Andromedon or Archons.

Some "prime"

>white and green sectopod

That's the model of the Sectopod that was meant to be guarding the forge

Archon King

>4 Sectopods in one mission

Fun fun

Did the Warlock do his magic or did the Hunter distract him too much?

Stream is at 3pm EST.

yes

So in 10.25 hours.

Sectopods are just a bit disappointing in general. The wrath cannon is utterly useless.

My Spark won't repair. I've looked it up and either Playable Aliens or It's Only a Scratch is interfering with it somehow. Tried fiddling about with the It's Just a Scratch mod and it doesn't seem to change anything. Am I going to have to uninstall my aliens mod or is there another way?

I'd take the aliens over a fucking spark any day.

that's why you'll be executed and buried in a shallow ditch after the XCOM 2 ending

EU 2012 Ethereals hands down. Just a great design.

I want to play the new expansion now reeeeee

There was an updated version of "It's Just a Scratch" called "It's Just a Spark", you should have been using that since SLG came out.

Or you could just use the up to date version It's Just A Scratch V2

Oh yeah, use that instead. I'd forgotten it had come out, but that's what I'm using.

no you don't

Has anyone else got the sinking feeling that WotC feels like a bunch of gimmicks that won't really improve the core problems of XCOM 2?

They keep talking about how cool these new factions and leader enemies are, but ability stacking was always kind of the problem. Made everything too easy in mid and late game.

no

XCOM 2 needed more variety and Wotc is providing that, now if they fix some of the more common bugs as well I'll be happy. I'm not happy about the rulers being nerfed though

That's a first

youtube.com/watch?v=fPDV0abXEtY

joinrbs a shit
beagle a shit

Behead snake and slay the ayy

YES.

I remember when Beagle was good.
Fuck, those were some great times.

I hope so. I much prefer the quicker style of 2 but it gets pretty repetitive and linear, especially on repeat games. I don't need a full xcom 3 out of it but branching paths would be much appreciated.

I haven't watched since L&I. Did Pubg rot his brain?

He played XCOM2 and couldn't deal with the changes, his
XCOM1 skill diminished during this time and he hasn't recovered from it. Looks like he's also forcing himself to play the game

The biggest gripe some people have is that he started using a facecam, but I actually like it. He doesn't just sit there doing nothing, he actually has some showmanship and uses it.

his pectoid face is okay, it's just sad he doesn't enjoy xcom as much anymore

Can you blame him? Right before X2 came out he was running something like 4 different LW1 campaigns at the same time. He flew way too close to the sun doing that.

>Raiding a big UFO that landed
>Cyber disk shows up
>OH SHEEEIIITT NIGGA
>It then runs off
> Fight what seems like the entire rest of the crew
>Cyberdisk is still nowhere to be seen
>Now have to play hide and seek to find the bastard

most loyal champion please remove faggot miscreants and their fetish mods

Caught up on some stuff. Odd that he hates stealth so much since I thought it was a great feature to speed up initial battles. If anything I think it could have used more fleshing out into a better sneaking system. Really fits the guerrilla aspect, but it sounds more like Beagle likes his armchair special ops team.

Geez. I'm running a LW1 campaign on veteran and even I'm getting fatigue about how long it's taking. X2's mechanics work much smoother but shit damn, it doesn't have MECs. They're the best, need my dreadnoughts. Sparks don't count.

Of course is in the pussy bitch spot. I should have looked here earlier.

His biggest gripe about stealth was how LW2 handled it in the early patches. He also played a ton of X2 before the first patch, and that patch introduced a mechanic that beagle had used to cheese the first pod of every map.

Beagle likes to take his time and set up overwatch traps, XCOM2 is basically the antithesis of that.

I haven't played the game in fucking ages. At what general level of experience should I do the Shen's Gift?

T2 equipment, bluescreens if you want faceroll

T2 weapons should be enough.

If I retrain a soldier in LW2, will it reroll his AWC perks or keep them unlocked?

keeps them unlocked. retraining just lets you reallocate abilities on the primary tree

bonus abilities are retained.

LW2 seems unbalanced in a lot of places, but LW1 was too in older days. Needs more iterations before it's proper ready.

Ah right, the overwatch traps. I remember them fondly. Still quite possible with stuff like Killzone. Sounds like he's just pissy from the way you describe it.

>more iterations
Probably not going to happen. Lump and crew are too focused on making their own game, contract is up with 2K to maintain LW. WotC is going to break it and then people will have to decide between the two.

As of the current patch balance is pretty solid. There's more tweaks in the pipe but I'm happy with it.

I'm almost certain there will be a WotC update for it.

>There will never be a ayy that can beat The Great Wall

I almost feel sad for them.

Why is he French?

>aid protocol, mind merge and heavy cover
the wall does not need such nonsense

When the graphics improve

USEFUL
S
E
F
U
L

Shield protocol not aid protocol but very well cover and the assistance of my Psi will be abandoned

Because I don't alter the first soldier appearance and such in my roster, field commander and all.

did they release any screenshots yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

They're fine, game is p. good.

Just making sure not to overdose on the skirmish mode atm.

how can ayys even compete

>He actually, ACTUALLY, uses cheat mods

The only person I feel sad for is you.

>typo in weapon description
UNSUBSCRIBED

Oh right, they did make their own studio. EU really revitalized this genre in the west, huh.

>Vahlen

Can these so called "Champions" even harm The Great Wall?

Was there even another choice?

post results

It certainly did. It was the first really great turn-based squad-sized tactics game in awhile and reminded us all how good the genre can be when you do it right.

Not even a scratch on his armor

She was a soldier from one of my first EW campaigns. The name was coincidence iirc.

I still have the save, but the long war mod is installed on EW still so the stats and such are kinda fucked.

So she's Dr. Vahlen's more martial-oriented sister

You could say that.

uh oh

>Can these so called "Champions" even harm The Great Wall?
I look forwards to a Chosen kidnapping him at full HP.

These so called "champions" tried and look what happens. 2 dead and another cowering in the corner

>45 aim
>playing with cheats

They literally have 95% in the screenshot above

Look at that giant bolt

Aliens can lose aim and willpower depending on the situation