Cars with NEGATIVE meme tax

Post cars that are cheaper than they should be because too obscure/overblown issues/generally hated.

This is the opposite effect of people trying to get $18k for a clapped-out S2000.

Other urls found in this thread:

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=251422271
worcester.craigslist.org/cto/d/nissan-sentra-ser-spec-turbo/6447567165.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Saab 93

>Saab purist dont want them because GM era
>GM purist dont care about them
>Normies dont even know about them
>No RWD dorifto meme tax
>Perception that parts are hard to get is less true for the 93 than, say, the 900

Fast, fun and cheap. Post others.

Mercury Grand Marquis, even now.
>bruh gimme dat crown vic
>gimme dat P71 boi
>imma drive with the spotlight up ALL THE TIME
>bull bars yoooo, thicker and blacker than my wife's lover's dick
>cop shocks cop suspension elwood blues bro
>town car? na fuck that shit imma hold up traffic at every fucking intersection
>what's a j-mod? what's trac-lok? i bought it to scare people lol
[laughing from 6' bench seat of elderly-owned Mercury]
[continued laughing while completely invisible in traffic]

Good point - however, GMs have the shitty 2.xx rear gears (easy fix)

Also, similar - Buick Lesabre. Can't give these things away, big v6, column shift, bench seats, cozy as heck.

Cadillac Catera
>the hottest turd Australia has dropped on America
>in a polished wrapper

Fucking this. I loved driving my grandma's '93. Felt like I was sailing. My brother just bought one that's a few years newer, I'm honestly a little jealous.

Yeah, it's not like a standard Ford 8.8 rear is some mystical rarity or something, every single P71 at a junkyard will have at least 3.27s you can pull plus the rear swaybar to grab while you're under there. Or keep the 2.73s if you're doing a lot of highway cruising and laugh as you do 1500rpm at 65mph and get like 28mpg in a fucking boat on wheels that has no business getting anything better than 20.

Can confirm. Found a mechanically sound 2007 9-3 Aero SportCombi on a lot and managed to drive off with it for a little over $2300.

Chrysler Concorde
>Big body Chrysler FWD
>reputation for being owned by niggers and white trash
>shunned because not 300M
>God's honest truth: the comfiest car ever made by Chrysler bar none
>suspension is soft while being compliant in turns
>3.2 or 3.5 mounted longitudinally while driving the front wheels to mitigate torque steer without using an LSD
>averages 27-28 mpgs at 75mph

It was my second car, still is the comfiest car I've ever owned, back seat was fucking enourmous and great for fucking

This so goddamn much. No one even knows what this thing is

No, it's got a meme tax, youngfags and gen x enthusiasts know this and the Legacy GT Spec B

I've noticed LeSabres, Park Avenues and Regals from the late 90s and early 2000s are always below 4k no matter what. Most are going for 2k.

Is there something horribly wrong with them? I know they've got an image problem and aren't exactly sporty. But, most of them come loaded with decent features and it seems like you get a lot of car for your 3k.

Should I buy one when my current beater dies?

oh shit nice
the turbo x is also underrated as fuck

Holy shit, I've seen those a thousand times and always just thought they were a plain ol' transverse FWD shitbox with a front end that looked uncomfortably like a catfish Camaro. Never realized the engine wasn't sideways.

Maybe if they unironcally watch RCR. These things can be had running for as little as $2,000 where I live.

There is nothing wrong with those cars, infact if you find a Regal GS that's in good condition for cheap, get it
I WANT IT
yeah, like it had traction control but it had to be through the and cause it didn't feel like it was the trans doing anything, but such a fucking solid car, lost my virginity in it
Yeah with about 189k miles and ragged the fuck out

>battery located in wheel well

Saab doesn't exist anymore. How easy are they to work on, and how many shops can be trusted with them? How about finding parts?

Yeah, it was under the air box, but accessible
That car only gave me one issue that was covered under warranty, and it was a dumb move on my part for trading that in when it only had 108k on the odometer

Can confirm got my ng900 for $900 72k miles

Is maintenance easy on the engines? I've only owned NA 4 cyl cars before.

Also, how do the superchargers do at high mileage?

parts bin
lots and lots of parts are shared with other gm cars

From what I remember changing plugs on the back 3 cylinders is a bitch because it's a 90° V6 instead of the more common 60° V6
Also upper and lower intake manifold gaskets and some of the coolant elbows are shitty plastic that are known to go bad, replace them with the aluminum units and you're good, Sam with the intake manifold gaskets

CR-Z

>Actual shit car that's bad in every way
>Practically free now

I mean a car that isn't RWD isn't worth buying if you want to maintain it........................

Thank you dude, I will keep my eye out for one of those AARP cruisers

A lot of parts are easy enough to find, but some are going to be a bitch to find new. As for a mechanic, just find a person who does Euro/Import cars that doesn't have shit reviews on Yelp/similar website. People don't really pull punches with reviews on sites like Yelp, so if someone has mainly positive reviews you've probably found the one.
Personally, I found my mechanic using this method and when I took my Saab in for a post-purchase inspection (I skimmed over the car before buying it but wasn't confident), the dude did a full inspection and told me everything I could reasonably fix on my own, and refused to accept payment because "[he] could tell [I am] an enthusiast" and "[he] didn't actually have to do too much".

Headgasket era soobs. Most of them have already been fixed by now. They handle great for being 3200 pound wagons and are decently spanky around town with a manual. They're cheap as shit on Craigslist and parts are cheap and widely available both new and from the junkyard.

I wouldn't buy that thing for $5. Everyone involved in the "successor" to the CRX should be shot.

Got this POS for free had to nigger rig power straight to the starter cause it's broken.

holy shit it looks so sad

There's a 9-3 linear 5 speed for sale near me that I could realistic pick up pretty cheap, but it's got 180k on the odo and I cringe to think what it'll cost when that turbo shits the bed.

The previous owner was some shit head tweaker. He took it out driving drunk slammed into something. Left it on the side of the road. Got it impounded and then got it from the lot. Let it leak oil from the pan for months. The exhaust was broken below the down pipe so I took that shit off cause weight reduction now it sound rugged. Gonna work on more weight reduction to make this bitch a faster hot potato

They don't get very good city MPG so they're not popular as daily runabouts, but if you do a lot of highway driving they're great and get much better MPG at cruising speed.
I'm shopping for a beater to roll up to Alaska for the summer and I'll probably wind up in a Buick.

I think that's a shitty German car (Opel) not a shitty Australian car.

Subie tax is real in the Northeast, entirely independent from the WRX tax. On the other hand the Volvo Cross Country is entirely overlooked as a snow beater.

Most 2000-2006 vehicles.

Too old for people to care about.
Reliable, decent horsepower

Mustangs, Suburbans, Camaros, explorers

Swedish Turbo cars are generally undervalued because many of them aren't coupes even though most of them are comfy as fuck.

Usually I think an ignition anywhere but the column (including push-button starts) just looks weird and awful but for some reason this looks like it just all fits.

It's not even shitty period, it's just shitty for a luxury brand. Worked perfectly as a medium priced large sedan in Europe.

>underappreciated
>cheap
Till you look for a top trim model in mint condition. These cars aren't getting cheaper for a good while now.

>buying this utter shit
I had a real 900 and I think you suck dicks.
Also it was 300 burger bucks when I bought it and it ran just fine.

Feeling better now?

The gearbox in these cars is fucking horrible. It feels like a rubber baton stuffed into a box of nails.

>every 9-3 in my area is a convertible or an auto
I really want one, if only i could find a sedan with a non shit transmission and engine.

>reputation for being owned by niggers and white trash
can confirm. there are two of these in my neighborhood. some meth head white family owns one and a nigger house owns the other

What can I get, with insurance, as an 18 year old college student?

Forgot to say under $1000 dollars.

Few hookers.

I meant a car. Preferably RWD manual but I understand that I don't really get to have preferences at this budget.

Can't you save some more?

I guess so, I'm just getting impatient. What's a good beater to start with under $3000? Remember I need insurance and as an 18 year old male that's probably harsh.

>tfw i like the way it looks but thats the only positive thing about the car

>What's a good beater to start with under $3000

a $3k civic

Thanks.

What about insurance?

MX-5? Don't know their value in US. For 3k eur you could get a decent 1.9 NB in DE.

>How easy are they to work on,
Pretty easy, just as easy as any other transverse fwd i-4.
The 9000s and og900s are much easier to work on due to space(9000) and funky engine layout (og900).
>and how many shops can be trusted with them?
Find a good saab shop, especially with later ones. Trionic can confuse the average parts changer
>How about finding parts?
OG900 and 9000, there will be some cosmetic parts you worry about
9-3 and 9-5s ,you can get everything you need through amazon/rockauto/eeuroparts.

When I was 16 my insurance was ~$90 to $100 a month. It's not that bad. If you can at all afford more than minimum insurance you should get it. Get a bunch of quotes too. Amica is rated one of the best companies that has low rates and will be there when you have a claim.

You will have a hard time finding a rwd manual that isn't a turd even for $3000. Maybe a Miata.

Those prices are insane. A mint low mile Saab 9-5 would never go past $7k here in the States. I got mine in excellent condition for $3800.

what the fuck about it?

a honda civic isn't a sports car, its a fucking A to B people mover that is cheap/reliable

and in terms of insurance, do you not know how it works? there are so many factors on how much youll pay. Your age is a factor, your area, how much other people your age in your area pays, if you went to driving school etc.

god damn you faggots are stupid. use common sense.

>if you went to driving school
Wait you can get a license without going there?

It's been a long time since I was 18, but I would guess 600-1k a year.

Is it Aero at lest?

yeah, you dumb fuck. you get a slight discount if you do go there. private driving school is optional but costs more.

drug and alcohol classes are not optional and are 200 bucks or so.

this is different for all states. use google to figure out your own damn state

Absolutely

Yeah it's an Aero. 100,000 miles, no real issues. Paint is peeling on the hood and I've had problems with the HVAC and thermostat but nothing major.

That depends on the year, I think. There every last 9-5's to roll off the line are a bit more expensive due to rarity. They also look unique as fuck due to Saab + rarity.

They might be ugly, but people undervalue them so hard because of it that they're an incredible deal when it comes to bang for your buck. My friend got one with 85k miles and no real issues for 750 bucks, just because nobody is buying them a nd they're near impossible to sell.

Truly the land of the free. I guess i now know why you have such insane safety standards. I'd drive a massive SUV too if i couldn't be certain that the other retards on the road actually learned how to drive.

Sorry dude not everyone lives in the states. You have to pass like 50 hours of driving school to get a license where i live, including a full day of driving in dangerous conditions on a closed off track a year after you get it.

Don't be cheeky, you cannot afford anything over a 1.5l shitbox anyway because of your insane tax model

>the 1.5l shitbox outruns your 6.2l V8 on the 'ring

Sure beats dying on the street because lol no healthcare, after some redneck hits you in his half broken F150.

I dunno where you live, but the Mazda 6 MPS is about 6.000 euros in working condition. 4.000 euros for an automatic estate.

Honda and Toyota are meme taxed as hell in Eastern Europe. Muh reliability (even if they are not that reliable) make the depreciation non-existent.
Cheapest CR-Z starts from 7000 euros, but most of them are in the 8-10.000 euro mark.

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=251422271

I nominated the Subaru Forester SH 2.0 diesel.
I don't understand how a 2009 Subaru Forester with a 2 litre diesel and about 250k km (not THAT much for a car that is mostly driven on-road and sees very little off-road) costs as low as 4500 euros. Decent ones are in the 5-5.500 euros area.

Also, I nominated on 2nd place the Passat B5.5 4.0L W8. A 275 bhp, 4.0 litre, comically fast Passat costs about 4-5.000 euros.

>Bland styling
>Terrible V6
>Terrible trans
>Terrible marketing
It failed for a reason.

Also, for 6.000 euros you can get a decent, running condition, 5 litre, V10, 313 bhp monster of a Touareg.

I had a guy in college with one of these, and they weren't THAT expensive. MPG was decent but then again, in such a monster the fuel efficiency is your last worry.

In fact, I think I'll buy one and register it on Bulgarian papers so that I will avoid the cosmic road taxes and insurance on this thing.
The road tax for a 5.0 litre animal, in my country, is just abit 2000 euros/year. But hey, we got the Bulgarians for this.

That's a common misconception that we don't have healthcare

Have fun replacing those turbos constantly

Ugly as shit, keep that euro design away

Actually, the guy was commuting from home to college on a weekly basis, and he was doing like 300 kms (I dunno, 150 miles?) and he kept the turbos clean and fresh constantly.

In 1 year of ownership, when I was a classmate with him, the only real issue was 1 ECU, and he had to change both because V10. The price with new parts was quoted at 1500 euros + labor, but he managed to find 2 ECUs from a scrapyard for 300 euros each.

He did mention that the timing job was a bitch tho.

triumph spitfire/mgbgt are both pretty cheap to buy and insure.

none of them actually work though

Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. 200hp, LSD, amazing handling, bulletproof engine, and takes well to mods. Literally no one knows about this car. It's half the price of a civic SI while preforming the same if not better. You can even turbo it like this guy: worcester.craigslist.org/cto/d/nissan-sentra-ser-spec-turbo/6447567165.html

I've known about them, didn't they have the same precat issues as the generation before?
I agree it's under appreciated, but I haven't seen any for sale or on the road in my area for quite some time

These

False. 1.5k Corolla. The Civic is getting a meme tax but corollas are super cheap.

>Using the track where literally only weight and brakes matter unironically.

Holy shit 100 times this.

"Muh apex seals, Muh burning oil"

Add oil every week, and only run it on 93 octane. You'll be fine.

Bonus points for a flex fuel conversion.

E39 528
Normies hear how much a mechanic wants to fix their cooling system/head gasket/power steering rack/oil leak and just unload them for pennies. Most issues just take a hundred bucks max and an afternoon to fix. 540 is victim to this too, but they still cost a bit more, and sometimes they'll have huge issues that make it not worth it.

???

wat. Any pre-2000 subaru has insane meme tax, what are you talking about

>tfw no GF8 Outback sport

>flex fuel conversion
go on

Not him, but I remember reading somewhere ethanol cools the intake charge more than gasoline.

Guess that's exclusive to my area, there are several legacys/outbacks for under $1000 on my Craigslist that need some work. Nobody cares about Subarus in Texas. Any Impreza is gonna be meme taxed though, especially an outback sport or 2.5rs coupe.

We have decent condition 1000€ GM era Aero Saabs where I'm from.
>shit isn't cash

Outbacks get meme-taxed heavily in the NW and NE and lightly meme-taxed in places like Utah and Colorado.
There's less demand for them in less wintery climates.
The exception is Alaska, where lower parts availability makes them less desirable so you can pick up an old outback for couch money.

>lightly meme-taxed in places like Utah
this is pretty true here. the flip side is that they're very common, and typical subaru owners aren't typically the kind to work on their own car, so if you're willing to fix one up they can be had for a song.

Mercedes C230 Kompressor from 96 to 2000. Cheap as dirt, RWD, supercharged, good handling, more reliable and easier to fix than most mercs, manual available but rare.

What is?

RX-8 is what he's trying to say, but in reality they damn well deserve it, and he's probably salty he bought a car that can't hold it's value for shit

>Expensive to maintain
>More expensive to fix than any of the 6 cyl. engines
>Not worth tuning

crown vic, but it won't be manual