Cars that share parts

Lotus Esprit uses the same tails as dorifto machinu

Other urls found in this thread:

passatworld.com/forums/volkswagen-passat-b5-discussion/241660-difference-between-a4-passat-suspension.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

iirc a little strip of carbon fibre covers up the nissan logo on the headlight

dailbo has datsun headlights

Not a car thing but I always thought that it was weird that Honda decided to use the same frame for all of their dirt bikes. The smaller displacement models look funny with all of that space between the cylinder head and the gas tank because there should be a 500 sitting there instead

McLaren F1 tails were sourced from this

The dual-color tail lights on a Diablo, Hella 4169s, are also used on a number of other supercars (like the S7) as well as multiple city buses and farm tractors.

MX-5 NA shares door handles with the Aston Martin DB7

Early 2000s Newmar Class A motorhomes use entire headlight assemblies from a number of cars including the 1998-2002 Mercury Grand Marquis. The only reason I or anyone else would know this is one drove by me once and I noticed we had the same cornering lights.

The current generation Chevrolet Tahoe borrows its side mirrors from the current generation GMC Yukon.

What the FUCK! That's crazy!

MIND = BLOWN

Basically

SSC Aero used headlights that were also available on the Mk1 Focus SVT with the European Appearance Package

Lol holy shit.

My Focus shares the side mirrors of the Explorer of same year. Its great because they are fucking huge on the car, I can see damn near everything behind me.

and Ford.
During that Ford era, Aston Martin, Jag, Volvo, and Land Rover shared a lot of ford parts. Not luxury at all.

Welcome to Japanese production and cost cutting measures. On the plus side you can find loads of parts for +30 year old machines and do dumb shit like throw ATC motors in honda cub variants from the 70's

They're used on euro truck trailers too

Saturn vue was offered with a honda v6 in some of its trims

Ford used a yamaha engine in its old shos

Jaguar 2.5 was a ford engine

The new nissan titan can be configured to have a cummins engine and an allison transmission

Those are the one's I can think of off the top of my head

>Porsche 924
>Lights from Golf I
>Windows from Golf I
>Gearbox from Audi 100
>Engine either 2L Audi or 2,5 L Porsche that was a V-8 before
>Interior made mainly out of VAG partsbin
>Front suspension hast Käfer struts and Golf whishbones
>First muffler from Audi 200 turbo
>Coolant canister from VW K70

This car is a driving VAG partsbin...

Hah, they even used the shitty USDM headlights.

Well.

An Elise S1 borrows:
- The light switches from a Peugeot 205
- The steering column and stalks from an Opel Corsa B
- The 18K4F and 18K4K engines and PG1 gearbox from a Rover 200/400 Series or MGs
- Rover standard MEMS 1.9 ECU
- The wheel PCD is from an MGF (4x95.25)
- Side blinkers from an Opel Corsa (cheap to upgrade if you want them in white)

So there's that...

The 5-speed manual found in non-S first gen Boxsters is an Audi 2WD unit, and it was also used in the B5 A4 and B5 Passat.

Thanks, Doug

wtf i love diversity now

Its basically an Audi A6

never see this one posted

There's a fucking SSR with the top down in the background.

Back in "ought "87 i T-Boned a woman in her Astro
You can say my vehïcle shared parts with hers HA HA HA HA HA stupid BITCH should not of been driving on my road fucker

go back where you came from

and the gauge cluster from a lancia Y.

I am all Americano you stupid border jumper

fuck off fag

So?

Lotus Evora uses the same engine as Camry v6
Elise uses the same engine as Celica

Jag XJ220 tail lights come from the Rover 216

I really like these.

I took my engine in my E34 from an E30.

M20B27 masterrace.

Not A6. It is A4.

LC500 shares parts with Toyota.

Holy shit, I didn't know that. And that Lancia is ugly as hell.

*GASP* if it were a Lexus part it wouldn't be so heavy!

Reminds me of a story of a lady who went to get a windscreen replacement for her Lexus. She was told that it'll take a day or two to get a replacement screen from Toyota, to which she started screaming about how she drives a Lexus and not a Toyota.

>>Reminds me of a story of a lady who went to get a windscreen replacement for her Lexus. She was told that it'll take a day or two to get a replacement screen from Toyota, to which she started screaming about how she drives a Lexus and not a Toyota.
She deserved it for buying an overpriced, rebadged Toyota. What a good goy!

TIL Asians copy western designs /s

It's a weird cross-breed of A4 and A6. It sits somewhere in the middle size-wise, the front suspension is shared between all 3 cars, but the rear suspension is shared only between the A6 and Passat.

>source: my ass
Research again.

That pull start looks so out of place. But why aren't pull cords fitted to more things?

passatworld.com/forums/volkswagen-passat-b5-discussion/241660-difference-between-a4-passat-suspension.html
Front half is an A4, rear half is an A6. The B5 A4 uses an updated version of the B4 80's rear suspension.

>rear half is an A6.
Only 4motion Passat. Regular is not.
That 1996 B4 80 rear suspension part. Interesting. I learn something new. :)

Well yeah, the 4Motion/Syncro ones share the A6 suspension. The FWD Passats have the worst rear suspension setup of all B5 platform cars.

suspension on MKII Supra was designed by Lotus. MKI Supra rear axle are the same as AE86 and everyone wants our Canadian rear axles because theyre almost all the F313 factory LSD rear end and put them into their AE86, 100% the rear axle and all the brake lines on my 1979 Supra will work on an AE86

otherwise i know Jeep Cherokee used Toyota A340E auto trans for a while and the rear diff of my 1991 Toyota Crown is the same rear diff used in Hilux Surf/4Runner

alot of people dont know the Evo engine will nearly directly bolt into the new Mitsubishi Mirage and you can convert the old Mirage to an Evo almost direct bolt in

Well, it is not that bad in that time. Not best, of course.

lotus elise uses the same engine thats in the 3rd gen mr2

p cool

newer Elise use the Toyota 1ZZ-FE engine too

And it never sold in the US.