Econo-box Thread

Econo-box Thread

If you can't find one for $1500 on CL, it doesn't belong here.

>Based Nissan

Other urls found in this thread:

evansville.craigslist.org/cto/d/2002-saab-9-5/6452991518.html
miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/d/2001-hyundai-santa-fe/6440454176.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Volvo V70

I want one real bad. I want the lady to want one, but she doesn't.
>what do?

>$1500
Why get a box when you can get a barge?

>270HP
Nice.

i got a slammed 97 outback with a clean 2.5 for 1200 B)

What's the best rwd econobox that isn't an old & well maintained bimmer?????????????????????????????????????????????

Dat timing chain. I treat mine like a rally car and it actually seems to drive better after the abuse...

there aren't many rwd econoboxes because rwd is more expensive than fwd. in addition no one is going to bother throwing in anything smaller than a 6cl in a rwd car anyway (besides a miata maybe) and so youve got shit gas mileage now too. so not really an econobox any more and not really cheap anymore either

Police surplus auction Crown Vics, Craigslist Grand Marquis, or former limo Town Cars are your only real options here.

Your only option seems to be a panther body.

The hatch that looked like a sedan

I drove one for a few years - was a generic no-frills econobox that handled surprisingly well

evansville.craigslist.org/cto/d/2002-saab-9-5/6452991518.html
what do you think of this

No joke one of my good friends has a 2000 park avenue that his 6 sisters drove before him, and it's currently sitting at 260k miles. We had to unplug the window motors because they bugged out and started rolling down randomly.

Can't beat a Chevy Corsica especially the 4 cylinder. Parts are the cheapest I've ever seen. It takes corners very well for a 30 year old american platform. The ln2 was even used in the S10, so you could even haul a decent amount of weight around. People are starting to realize that there aren't too many around anymore compared to a few years ago, so I'm trying to keep mine in good condition. Interior is crap though.

How many miles can these panther bodies go? Is buying a town car L with 350k miles alright?

OP's pic is my exact first car. Same color

Mine was a 2000 with a 5-speed manual

>tfw when you bought a 2000 maxima instead of a 2000 altima

My local PD sells the last of their P71's at auction for around 1500$-2000$ (CAD) at the provincial auctions (Quebec). They practically give these things away. I used to DD one

Depends on how well it was maintained.

I haven't seen a Corsica on the road in probably a decade. Do you live south of the Rust Line?

Haha, yeah. In South carolina. They just now started becoming more rare down here. I have fun picking the perfect interior parts for mine. I probably know more about them than I'd like to admit. I loved it as my first car.

It sucks because people junk cars older than 2000 just because they look old even if they work perfectly fine.

>Getting nostalgia goggles over a Corsica
Really?

are there other people who find the mk1 focus weirdly attractive?

everyone thinks im retarded thinking anything of these but for some reason they just look so nice to me, ferd nailed the styling, they look fun too

350k is a lot of miles for any car, unless it's been meticulously maintained it will have problems. If it's been used commercially I wouldn't even bother.
Older Town Cars in particular have problems with their air based suspension system on top of all the normal engine and drive train problems it could have.

I like the zx3 in yellow. That and the Mazda protege wagon are the only non 70s Italian cars that look good in yellow.

>The hatch that looked like a sedan
That's called a liftback.

Does a 4cyl CUV count?

miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/d/2001-hyundai-santa-fe/6440454176.html

Oh shit, it's V6 fuck me.

Disregard the obvious lack of awareness in the previous post.

What are you guys opinion on the 1999 Nissan Maxima, in particular the automatic version

>automatic

into the trash it goes.

I tried to get one of these but apparently I live in the middle of nowhere and I couldn't find a single one.

It's what you buy when you can't get a Camry.

Great car, skip the auto.

That V6 shines with the manual, or else get another car.

Find new lady

Eh im kinda stuck with the auto at the moment t b h

technically counts since the 07-08 models are the same as my 2012.

>trashback

ask her if she is paying for it and then tell her to fuck off.

Show me a CJ lancer for $1500 right now.