OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NON NNON NO

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NON NNON NO

*breathes in*

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_cell
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

saw that abomination at the local 2018 car show yesterday. that silver part on the wheel is actually a god damn hubcap and looks so bad.

I didnt even stop at the Honda section.

Not to be racist or anything, but ASIAN CARS.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Not to mention the oversized Honda emblem on the grill.

>get told that car design is hyper competetive so you need to be one of the best to make it

>then these so great car designers make abominations like these

is this a shop?

Looks like it was raped by a renault and the kid has trisomi-prius.

>Clarity

I wish i didn't have it when I saw this abomination.

>this was the concept

Just how frustrating is it working as a car designer?

Each day we stray further from God's light

Are they trying to get the ball rolling on covering the tires for aero benefits? Other cars have done it in the past.
Since Honda is more of an engineering company than a design company I assume that has some practical purpose.

I don't think it looks particularly bad, at least its not the civic hatch. They fucked up big time on that weeb magnet.

kek

They pussied out compared to 18 years ago.

As for the Type R I hated it at first but now I like it.

Looks pretty good tbqh.

Guess its a matter of time until we get a Super GT 300 version

It's actually a really nice car to sit in and drive, gets like 112mpg and makes over 200hp, so around the same as the Civic Si. There's like a 3 month waiting list on them though

You mean "MPGe" right?

Depends on how often you plug it in, could very well get over 100 mpg and not mpge

now see hwy don't they go with this instead of this garbage.

why do manufacturer fucks think the concept can't be released? WHY FUCK

Cost of manufacturing

Costs, often the concept will score poorly with focus groups.

>often the concept will score poorly with focus groups

Why?

People are too stupid to know what they like without group consensus.

as well as cost there are probably some safety and practical engineering issues, for example the concept has very thin pillars, probably not strong enough

safety, and manufacturing, it all changes when you have to mass produce something for 30k or whatever rather than spending $2M+ making a shell out of clay

when they say 'hyper competitive' they mean that nepotism is the name of the game and you won't know enough people to get in and then get asked to design a glovebox

Why wouldn't they just say that then?

>look how small that human looks inside the car
>look how low the hood is compared to the trunk.
This thread genuinely ruined my day.

I dont think that looks too bad. A lot better than the Prius which competes with it.

b-but kids like those flush.

new insight

So the Clarity and Insight are eventually gonna replace the Civic and Accord, right?

If they manage to get the price down maybe.

>subject one of the technically most complex cars ever made
>talking about the looks

Was it the silicon valley auto show?

I wanted to go but I wasn't sure if it would be legit cool stuff or a glorified showroom for future commuters

wowee a hybrid/ev that doesn't look like a hunchback piece of shit

well done honda, i can say that genuinely looks good, but it's probably gonna be drastically different than the concept.

Clarity is lease only, it's only being released to the public to see if there's actually a demand for Fuel Cell cars.

Honda usually doesn't stray too far off from their "prototype."

anyone wanna photoshop in some fat 16/17 inch tires on it? no way in hell honda would slap low profiles on something like this

Somebody actually showed up to a meeting and pitched this, and instead of immediately telling him to clear out his desk they went “hmm, I like it”

not bad

me irl

That's why modern Toyota's existence actually offends my sensibilities.

>Wheel skirts making a comeback on modern cars

>This better continue

Because the networking is the hyper competitive part.

>>look how small that human looks inside the car
This is unironically what kills modern cars for me more than anything else. Just seeing how fucking tiny grown ass men look when sitting inside them.

Can someone explain what a fuel cell car is to me like I'm 5? I thought this thing was just electric.

The dashboard looks alright.

Honda always made outdated looking dashes.

i really,really like this
honda dun fucked up with the civic but the accord looks great and the nsx was acceptable
lets hope they don't fuck it up

reminds me of the insite a lil with those rear arches

>All that usable space
>Puts wood

Like seriously, why not just make a column shifter and use the space for something more useful? The gear selection is all electric anyway..

The new Clarity is a series hybrid like the Volt, it uses a lithium-ion battery that gives it like 40 miles of range and a gas generator to range. You can finance it

It's Honda's/Acura's thing right now. A Mercedes style column shifter would have been better

>A fuel cell is an electrochemical cell that converts the chemical energy from a fuel into electricity through an electrochemical reaction of hydrogen fuel with oxygen or another oxidizing agent.[1] Fuel cells are different from batteries in requiring a continuous source of fuel and oxygen (usually from air) to sustain the chemical reaction, whereas in a battery the chemical energy comes from chemicals already present in the battery. Fuel cells can produce electricity continuously for as long as fuel and oxygen are supplied.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_cell

Doesn't look too bad actually. Glad they aren't following Toyota, Hyundai or Chevy with that retarded slanted "hatchback" look for their hybrid.

That makes it sounds like battery is better tho

No/minimal capacity and conversion losses with fuel cells and they use a lot less exotic material than batteries
Only problem is storing the hydrogen in the car

No wonder the designs look so uncomfortable and inbred.

The new accord has the newer dashboard. This looks like it's using the last Gen stuff, no clue why they would make a car with old stuff.

Dayum this new insight def looks cool

Why did they draw semen on that C2?

Why are the japs copying Renault tho?