/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

#tothewest edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Weapon Intros: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Gameplay 7/28: youtube.com/watch?v=m81XclDe5Dc

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. Demo 8/10. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo 8/10. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1b1kCDdY6lA
nintendoeverything.com/capcom-monster-hunter-xx-switch-version-is-another-test-to-evaluate-our-support-for-switch/
youtube.com/channel/UCRm5ELdp8VGSGwrGqYFAMlQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Huntresses

I hate discordshitters!

For you.

Tri > 3U > FU > P3rd > 4U > 4 > Generations > Dos > XX > MH > Frontier

Does anyone on the discord still play 4U?

That's a big hammer

Worlds > World > Online > Frontier

For the monsters.

Lets kill this thread before it takes off

Do Japs even care about Switch XX? The sale numbers for XX are already the worst for a Monster Hunter game will the Switch port help at all?

>Tri as No. 1
>Still prefers FU to Gen
?????????

How worst are we talking here

Never cared for bowguns because of stupid optimal range and low mobility, but in kono dio da they look fun.

Check the numbers for XX and see.
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

>I'm a Goldilocks please fuck me in the ass

>Gen ahead of XX

Automatically discarded.

Can't believe Mega Man X flopped like that.

That time of the month again.

Wow so it is

>finally get to G-Rank in 4U
>hyped as fuck since everyone says it's where MH shines
>monsters just have more health and just do more damage
>have to grind monsters for armor sets with skills I don't want just so I don't get one-shot by beams
>all the new monsters are shitty variants that shit up the original's design or are variants of already shitty monsters
>the one unique monster is the "final boss" of G-Rank
>Elder Dragons are pretty underwhelming fights that are all scale and bite but no flair

You feel for the meme about 4u being so good.

He fell for the G rank meme

I fell for both.

>monsters just have more health and just do more damage
And new movesets with like twice the variety of their old movesets

>have to grind monsters for armor sets with skills I don't want just so I don't get one-shot by beams
Just like early high rank. You could also just get good instead of bitching. I mean, I understand up to this point the game was hack n slash face tanking, but that's the whole reason people say the series shines in G rank. You can't just go head to head and keep mashing buttons and healing to win, you have to be smart about positioning and good with timing. And in 4U specifically you can just make garuga x as your first and only g rank armour until you hit crown, like every other lazy fucker.

>all the new monsters are shitty variants that shit up the original's design or are variants of already shitty monsters
Agreed on the latter point, a lot of garbage like rathian and gypceros gets subspecies and variants. Some, including almost all of the fourth gen monsters' subs, are huge improvements, though.

>the one unique monster is the "final boss" of G-Rank
Note seregios was also added in 4U. Not in G rank itself, very few monsters that aren't subspecies are added from rank to rank regardless. Don't know why you expected more monsters when you hit g rank in the first place.

>Elder Dragons are pretty underwhelming fights that are all scale and bite but no flair
As they have always been, regardless of rank. Elder dragons are just gimmick fights, if you negate their gimmick they're chumps, whether it's disabling kushala's wind or sleepbombing kirin because it's practically immune to regular damage.

>hone defense
Kicked on sight.

>implying there is anything wrong with the most aesthetic mix set with decent skills in 4U or the second-best glaive, and best glaive available until the final DLC pack came out (still the best in XX)
Have you considered self-termination

4U>Frontier>Dos>FU>Tri>p3rd>3U>F1>>>>>>>>>XX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gen

>Blast element in general
I kek'ed.

>Final DLC pack
It wasn't THAT late into 4U's life cycle, was it?

>phial hands

10/10

>aesthetic

Have you considered an optometrist

I could be misremembering but I'm pretty sure it was, last or at least second to last. There was JDLC for it a few months prior iirc but if you felt that was cheating or didn't have access to it you were shit outta luck as far as the shah glaive went.

>not liking female uka uka u aesthetically
have you considered a lobotomy

>Impact phial hands
Kek'd and spot on. Crimson Fatass IG is on par with snek glaive though. Highly recommended for short hunts while snek for longer hunts.

>tfw i followed him from the year before 4U was released, to his XX coverage

>tfw LS and GL are shit in 4U
What's a good, early G-Rank Insect Glaive?

Remind me again why MHXX is shit. Isn't it just MH4U with a little more content? Yes, styles may be shit, but you don't have to use them. Is it thay end-game content is much worse? Deviants vs frenzy/GQs? I don't see how it can possibly be much worse than 4U.

You could try the Tigerstripe Zamtrios line.

So are the monsters' health in XX deflated, or do people only call it easy because of Hunter Arts?

Monsters have a gorillon fucking health now, you just have more tools to deal with it.

>monsters have 1 or 2 new moves
>new armors with new skills
>monsters are also faster and more powerful compared to the armor you get
>shit like poison is more dangerous
They fucked up by not saving some content for G-rank though. Why can elder dragons be fought in low rank and high rank?

like the other user said, sand fauchard is pretty good. i prefer nerscylla IG though, since you can fully upgrade it at G2, and has earlier access to the effect extender bug.

>Why can elder dragons be fought in low rank and high rank

Probably because a G-Rank game builds off a high rank one.

High-rank is fine, but almost every elder dragon should be available in high-rank in the G-rank game. Likewise, there shouldn't be any low-rank elder dragons, imo.

>500 trillion years of iframes at the touch of a button
>brave style can just guard everything no problem
>monsters are not designed around this
imagine frontier if the monsters didn't evolve to keep up with the power creep. that's XX.

>should
Shouldn't

Hunts take about the same in 4u and XX. Doesn't really matter.

>Nerscylla IG
But there's two of them.

It's a meme.

youtube.com/watch?v=1b1kCDdY6lA
>He still thinks that Time Attack isn't autism
>He still thinks that people that do Time Attack aren't having fun

Fucking Capcom

nintendoeverything.com/capcom-monster-hunter-xx-switch-version-is-another-test-to-evaluate-our-support-for-switch/

>release shitty game which sold poorly
>use said game to test a console's loyalty
Hacks, indeed

the poison one(stealth glaive>reaper's stroke). the sleep one(assault glaive>nightmare) needs a conquest sphere, so it can't be fully upgraded at G2.

>Capcom abandoning Nintendo for bigger cashdicks

>have fond memories of 3U and go back to play it but can't stand not having item and equipment sets
oh well

>item sets

>Literally no other company but Nintendo has to put up with shit like this
>Having to put up with shit like this from fucking Capcom of all companies, who literally worked with Nintendo on the Switch, and who have been making Monster Hunter games for them for years now
Capcom's such a fucking asshole of a company, it makes me sick.

It's revenge for the Vita, so suck it.

Go back to /v/, faggot

So this means no more MonHun for Nintendo. Forever. Well surely that wouldn't be a big issue considering no one uses Nintendo consoles as an exclusive platform right?

Am I shitter for using Evasion skills if I honestly find it the funnest way to play? I really love feeling like I'm fast and elusive in games (I'm the type to tend towards "DEX"-builds); but I'm a bit worried that I'm making the game a little too easy at times.

Don't forget the Vita. Capcom is just an asshole all around.

>am i a shitter for using i-frames?
Yes

Vita flopping was Sony's fault.

MH is literally all it needed.

>Overpriced at launch
>Propriety memory cards that were fucking expensive

>Am I a shitter for using Evasion skills?
Not even in the slightest.
>DEX
/dsg/ go and stay go

So was the 3DS

>3DS had its price dropped by almost $100 a few months after launch, along with the Ambassador Program
>Vita didn't get a price drop until years later, and still has the propriety memory card shit

Will I have to play the Switch game with a fucking wiki opened by my side too?

Honestly I love the concept of this game but couldn't go further the first mission of both 4 the last one. Hope this new one to be more newbie-friendly

Considering the entire game isn't in english? I'd say yes you dumbdumb.
Unless you're fluent in moon expect to have the appropriate kiranico pages open to help guide you through the materials and upgrades.

Yes, as in, sets of items in your item pouch that you can select that automatically deposit all the things in your inventory that aren't in them and retrieves the items that are from your box? Like what was added in fourth gen? You have to manually and individually store and retrieve items in 3U.

EE and E+2/3 feels really fun to use with some of the faster weapons but my autism won't let me use it because of how much damage you lose to get it.

MH3G and MH4 were both announced for 3DS before Vita came out. MH3G bombed at launch.

Isn't it your choice to buy the Switch game? Live by your choice.

mainline isn't designed around iframes at all. so it does make things easier. evidenced by XX being a fucking joke.

if you want a challenging experience that accounts for iframes, try frontier. it's been designing content around evasion+2 for years.

>mainline isn't designed around iframes at all

it isnt, shitter.
you can count the amount of attacks you NEED iframes to dodge in mainline on one hand.

>Muh Eva +2 meme
Yeah man, that one really saves your ass. Iframes are really needed since MonHun is just a rip off of Dark Souls

No shit, but if you're a good player you use your iframes instead of hitting suboptimal areas or not hitting the monster at all during attacks. If the game weren't designed around them there would be neither iframes on your dodge nor skills to boost them, retard.

Nice strawman. You know you have iframes without even e+1, right? Actually, I'm sure you didn't know that, since you apparently eat ass for breakfast, lunch and dinner at this game and think e+2 is needed to iframe attacks.

>implying you can even dodge anything with a 6/30 iframe
Ah shit, you're greatness is just overwhelming user.

You can, in fact, dodge almost everything in the game with 6 iframes.

If you're so good where's your TA times huh? Stop talking shit until you post those times, shitter shitposter!

Your AI levels of reflexes is just outstanding user. Please post your work!

I have none. I don't even build optimal sets or weapons because optimal sets and weapons are usually ugly trash. I'm sorry you're sensitive about how terminally awful you are at children's games, user. Feel free to actually try to refute that if the game weren't designed around iframes at all then there wouldn't BE iframes at all.

>Feel free to actually try to refute that if the game weren't designed around iframes at all then there wouldn't BE iframes at all.
>Existence of something means the game is made around it
You can stop using that word now.

No capture card, but this guy has plenty of videos showcasing this fact.
youtube.com/channel/UCRm5ELdp8VGSGwrGqYFAMlQ

>MHGen
I thought we were talking about Monster Hunter?

see namely "nice strawman."

A core feature that has been present since the first game existing and being useful in every game in the series is the closest thing you can get short of a developer's confirmation that a game is designed around said feature. The game isn't designed around evasion+3 or absolute readiness or adept style, which were very late additions without much else being changed except monsters being made more of HP sponges (in the case of absolute and adept) because now anyone can do what it previously actually took a skilled player to do. The game was, however, designed around the ability to pass invincibly through attacks for a very short window during a dodge, rewarding skilled players with far more openings on weaker spots than are available to a shit player who focuses entirely on positioning, especially with low-commitment weapons like SnS and Lance. Evade lancing, in fact, is all about using your iframes, and the best evade lancers do so without e+1 (though the vast majority use at least one level of e+, even in TA level play).

>but if you're a good player you use your iframes
no, if you're a good player you dodge the attack by positioning.
please stop trying to justify the fact that you can't play without adept/brave/evasion+3

RIP handheld MH

>ITT: Shitters calling out anons for using min/max strategies on their casual hunts, but not viewing that min/max strategy as a requirement
This is an advance level of thoughtcrime autism

If you're a good player you use a mix of both, depending on which one yields the strongest results. Sometimes it's best not to be anywhere near the front of Rajang, sometimes it's best to roll through his tremor.

Please, friend. Think before you post.

Then you just destroyed your own point. "Built around" means that it's a REQUIREMENT that NEEDS to be learned and used to be able to play the game. Not an option that is really good to use.

RIP handheld games period. DQXI sold the same on PS4 as the 3DS.

That was my first post in the discussion.
I don't think it's a requirement to play the game, but it absolutely is a requirement to be good at the game.

They aren't mutually inclusive, of course. How many montes do you think are familiar with iframes?

>implying monhuns future isn't as a phone game after world and switch xx flop

No it didn't, why lie?