/ovg/ - do u no de wey

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Spam de wey on Discord
>ID: hXmJrJr

Swing by our Mumble server and show de way!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Series coming de wey soon
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1515427469010.webm
igcd.net/vehicles.php?make=Seat&model=Ibiza
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Controller isn't an excuse either, guy in fourth place and only +4 seconds from first place, was playing on an xbox 360 controller

Join our last Gran Autismo Sex CHIMPOUTSHIT

Why the fuck did his meme spread so fast? Goddammit

It's a meme.

Name a better game

i no de way

>My Summer car
>fail inspection because of tires
>go to Fleetari
>order new tires (the stock compound)
>go home
>phone rings 1 day later
>i finished your repair, come pick the car up
>do that
>inspection still fails because of tires
What the fuck am I supposed to do?

building a car irl

wtf is this shit

real new thread
vvvvvvvvvvvvv

(checked)

>go to sleep with a find ovg thread
>wake up to a new meme that I had never seen 7 hours earlier
so this is... the power of the internet
woah

You have to take the wheels off and put them on the counter.

You do not no de way. I spit on you.
On an unrelated note, what are some expected racing vidya other than the crew 2 and gravel?

xth for join ovgn400 next week at mount panorama, we're racing saturdays @ 7

F1 2018

Isle of Man TT: Ride on the edge

How do i become the embodiment of fast?

Attend /ovg/ meets

Is this the new shitposting thread?

frst u most no de wey

sanicball

roleplay with your mum

/ovg/ball one-off when

couple of years ago

soon

>neckbeard nocar loser virgins using virgin memes
Wow, who'd of thought it

so that's what the cryptic series doc header is about
fug

What /ovg/ series we need to bring back?

sanicball

GT3, touring cars, lmpc, take a pick.

>not legemds

>died halfway in

I'm looking to get into Simracing. Is a G27 good (It goes for 150€ used)? Is there anything better in that Price range?
What do you think is the best Simulator?

yes
no
pic related

in all seriousness though, rFactor 2, Live For Speed, rFactor, in that order. Assetto Corsa has a good feel to it but it is at times less accurate and can just be a frustrating program to work with in general.

Try rFactor 1 first, as it's effectively free. It is the standard by which racing sims have been judged since 2005. I recommend finding the RealFeel force feedback plugin, it takes the road force directly from the simulated steering rack, so it feels exactly like driving a real car. rFactor 2 takes all that and adds tire deformation and chassis flex which add a lot to the way the cars handle and feel. rF2 Go Karts are so realistic it's crazy. rF1 has metric fucktons of user-made cars and tracks from every conceivable era, manufacturer, and discipline. This is a game where if you have the right mods you can go from modern GT3 cars to 1930s F1 to Baja trucks to Penny Racers and have them all on track at once if you want to. Races with 100+ AI are possible. rF2 has less content and a lot of it is just conversions of rF1 content that do not take advantage of rF2's features, but it's still growing.
Live For Speed also has excellent FFB and tire deformation, but it's made by a handful of people in their spare time so it has lagged behind the top tier sims in development, and it has no real addon content, just skins and car model replacements.

the only series in recent history that didn't die halfway in is BTCC and that's because of an influx of r/simracing fags that wouldn't know a good mod if it came on their faces

>man who literally fucks dogs in the ass criticising someone for anything at all

I think the wobblyness of the BTCC cars had more to do with the imperfect simulation of their suspension more than anything. It seemed like they tried to make every FWD car have a solid trailing axle, which requires some trickery to make rFactor actually model that. When I was messing with the GMC Syclone in the Touge series, which has a live rear axle, the suspension geometry was incredibly wacky with a long panhard bar from the front of the car to the general location of the differential but the connection point to the rear axle was actually under the ground. If you moved the bar up to where it should be (above the axle), the whole vehicle would wobble violently side-to-side while standing still.
I think the BTCC cars had a similar configuration, even after the suspension fix they would wobble after coming off kerbs or road bumps. Also I noticed that at the softest suspension setting, my 850 would lift its tail in the air under braking until the back was basically at stock ride height and lift the inside wheel until you accelerate, at which point the whole back end of the car squats back down at once instead of rolling to the outside, even though the 850 has fully independent suspension in real life and simply does not behave that way.

it was still really fun

BTCC was great because aspirations threw a delicious tantrum because of it.

he's just jealous because he knows nearly everyone ITT is a better driver than him.
no-vidyas cannot begin to understand the incredible accuracy of the modern racing sim. It's mathematically defined with real values of real cars, there's nothing fake about it except where compromises must be made for performance, and that is quickly becoming less of a problem as processor speeds increase.

Also there are very few /ovg/ regulars who do not have cars. Being able to drive a real car is the only way to get the most out of a sim.

>assetto corsa
>doesn't have night mode
Into the trash it goes.

Please dont give attention to the furfag.
All he does is bait posts and "sperg more" tier replies anyway.

I wouldn't throw it in the bin just yet. Devs hinted at night mode being worked on in a end of year FB post.
In the mean time just put it in the basement.

just play project cars 2 tbqh

I had a dream last night that we had a series in assetto corsa with bmw m1s and it was a shitshow

is it called deja vu when you dream about the past?

Do you guys think there will ever be a street racing game with realistic driving mechanics? That's the reason I liked the midnight club series, even though it's not realistic it is less arcade than NFS bullshit kids games.

>vr chat cancer
New thread when

Street Legal Racing Redline by Invictus is what you want.
The driving mechanics are not perfect but they are at least an attempt at realism, Invictus is well known for excellent racing games so you do get actual suspension simulation and the tuning system simply has no comparison. There are mods with real cars and others that add more fuel types so you can go street racing with a diesel Civic if you want.

the schedule was also ridiculously long, we used to run series with +10 races. Now most of our racers are 5 races with maybe 2 starts each race.

Thanks but I mean a game using today's hardware that looks good. Basically I want MC5 please rockstar please with no in game purchases please

OVGT3 had a lot of races and it didnt die.

GT3 is the staple of sim racing, we've had unsuccessful series with GT3's as well but only one Legends series.

Best game for turnleft?

>get FM6 for stock car circuit racing
>doesn't have the cars I want
What a world.

iRacing :^)

NR2003

Speedrun marbleblast gold

More like one that we entrusted it on scouser and it backfired.

>make adjustments to the setup even though I don't know what I am doing
>car feels more predictable? maybe? Kinda goes into slides more easily but also remains more stable in them and recovers more easily
>even though I am trying to keep a good pace, feels like I am driving too clean and too slow
Both webms related i.4cdn.org/wsg/1515427469010.webm

Feels bad being a setup brainlet.

that game isnt any good you have to play a macromedia shockwave rally game from 18 years ago instead its totally better

And that isn't counting multiclass series. GT3's will always be the thing but we've done them so many and so frequently that doing series in different things is refreshing.

this but unironically

We should go around and do all the notGT3 cars like trans am, GTE and Porsche Cup

Doesn't Dirt Rally tell you what each option does?

It does, but each change is minute, which in conjunction with a lot of different parts and changes adds up to "Fuck if I know if I am doing it correctly"

Isn't that what we've always done? There's a series with GT3 once or twice a year and in between there's touring cars, one offs, spec series in every form?

play RBR instead

which gaem

Are you telling me you haven't paid for and read Black Flag™?

The last gt3 series was this time last year, and there's been rumings of ams being used for some series soon

>it is less arcade than NFS bullshit kids games
found you a game

does this webm trigger you?

This but unironically

What games have this car?

V-Rally2

Well if you do small changes to the setup you can only expect small changes in the handling characteristics

A few actually
igcd.net/vehicles.php?make=Seat&model=Ibiza

>rumings of ams being used for some series soon
literally rFactor with paywall

good luck with that

Like I went into a custom game to get some basic testing done.
I went for a Greece stage and set up the ride height to it's maximum and softened the suspension by a tiny bit on both rear and front
The "feel" I got is that I can now ride over smaller irregularities and bumps in the road with one side of the car without feeling them and the car it self became more "floaty" if that makes any sense.
But this doesn't really help my speed or hamper it enough for it to make a difference since I just adjust my driving to that.
Then I tried to go the opposite way, I lowered the ride height to it's minimum tried that expecting the car to bottom out and the bumps to murder me yet it wasn't even so bad. So I made both front and rear suspension as soft as possible and tried it again. Yet again I didn't feel the bumps murder me either, neither did the car bottom out.
What changed is that I could hear the rear suspension "bottom out" when going over bumps and hear a clunk, and when my car would go over small imperfections of bumps on the side of the road, the tires would have much more air time compared to normal, so the feeling is the same as I get when I go over a crest enough to get air time. In both cases the tires are in the air and I can't change my cars attitude during that duration. But considering that the car felt a bit more "planted" in the ground assuming I'm not hitting bumps it was also easier to avoid going over them in most cases.

Congrats user. You made those rally fans happy by almost killing them.

We've used it before.
I think rFactor should stay. There's nothing wrong with it

They are working on AC2, this last update was the final one.

>"and that put a huge smile on the rally fans faces"

I also tried fucking around with break pressure.
Reducing it to it's minimum, I got longer breaking distances(who could have guessed) but it was also better for minute weight adjustments during cornering)
Maxing out the break pressure, the breaking distance decreased but I can't say I felt that the wheels locked up. This could be due to the game, or simply my driving/breaking style. The natural benefit was that breaking distance was reduced and the responsiveness increased for fast weight shifts right before a corner.

AMS has pirated editions, but it's basically only wanted by faggots on 10 year old toasters still clinging to their obsolete sims

10 year old toasters can't run AMS, that game isnt optimized at all

gt sport, dummy
check the doc

Works on my machine.

have you ever seen group b?
the spectators have more of a death wish than the drivers

Yes. I meant what I said unironically

>Saturday
God fucking DAMN I might have to break up with my girlfriend so I can participate

one more update and then it's the new rfactor

the driving's fake but the friendships are real
can you say that about your relationship?

>There's nothing wrong with it
Other than braking, aero, tires, turbos and setups in general

You're not supposed to gain time magically by changing the setup. Often it's just about making the car feel right for you, that's also why many people don't share setups in rally because it's very subjective what you want from a car. This doesn't apply to all games however as some games will just magically make you faster and have the optimal grip with certain setups.

In general consider tuning to be making the car fit you better so that you can use the car to its full extent.

> 5,000 horsepower fiat shit box that drifts every time you look at the steering wheel, driving around made up island
>I couldn't think of a more arcade game
No thanks

>that drifts every time you look at the steering wheel
>i put the race diff on because it said race so its better
>what do you mean the stock race diff settings are garbage
>well a rwd swapped 700hp 595 shouldnt slide so much
>i dont like this made up island in the south pacific. id much rather a fictionalized version of an american city
just because you can do swaps doesnt mean you should. everybody makes a 200mph capable rwd car on 245s and 75/75 diff and complains about not enough grip

>this thread is in the first page of google results for "do u no de wey"