/ovg/ - say no to sh*tposters edition

Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Discuss driving games on Discord
>ID: hXmJrJr

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Series document
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-Cy37CC5QQE
youtu.be/CbLGqr5J9h8
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1659188162
racedepartment.com/threads/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-assetto-corsa-sneak-preview.144423/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is this the shitposting thread?

@18477128

go away you filthy bad posters!!

No (You).

(((you))) should take (you)r """(You)'s""" and go somewhere else

Name a better game

Fred

is it okay to store my wheel upside down?
I flip it and put it on some boxes else the lock mechanism would take the weight of the servo

I got a Hori wheel and pedal setup for christmas and haven't set it up yet. It's my first wheel. Is it better to return it and get a logitech 920 for 50 bucks more or just roll with it?

This wasn't meant to be a reply but hey, that's a (you)

yes, FFB is worth more than 50 bucks

>2 threads

>No link to the previous thread

starting to smell in here lads

Rust

i leki de vido gaem

v0.02

Waverly

>No mumble
>Discord instead
What?

>No mumble
>No reddit
>Enables Discord

With the SJ Vidya Illuminati, these mistakes wouldn't be made.

>No Mumble
>but discord is A-OKAY

I mean really mumble is FOSS and doesn't even need a license to host - anyone with any hardware could manage it. Discord is honeypot-tier.

Video games are for kids

>2018 /ovg/
>Still using Mumble

>The fake thread is more active than the real one.
How did we let this happen?

>this is the fake thread

mumble is trembling lads

>No link to previous thread

new general order with no connections to those threads and are similar in name only

How do we fix /ovg/?

Overthrowing the Shadow Government

>2 threads

this thread isn't shadow government approved
stop posting in this thread

>stop posting in this thread
bump

So where is this stuff organised if not in a thread where everyone can see? Is it the Discord?

>People actually replied to this thread

@18486918
>He didn't reply to the superior thread

>He replied

baited.

New thread when?

When the Shadow Government decrees it

youtu.be/-Cy37CC5QQE

Discord and Mumble mostly. If you're not there, you're not even a person in /ovg/.

>going on Discord or Mumble
>ever
Stay mad you're not elite enough for the elite [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] groups

Post good drifts

youtu.be/CbLGqr5J9h8

I'm getting really nasty blur in RaceRoom, and it won't let me touch the graphics settings. What do?

HOW DO I JOIN

its a bug, try using the 32 bit version

put your specs on

Thanks, this worked. Now I just have to figure out why touching the wheel spins me.

>touching the wheel spins me
have you tried practicing?

A quarter-inch turn of the wheel should not spin me.

then your wheel is clearly not set up
so do that

forza specialty car dealer list
lmao
>1963 Ferrari 250LM - 1,552,500 CR + 2,695 Collector Score
>1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI - 88,550 CR + 154 Collector Score
>1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport 409 - 36,800 CR + 66 Collector Score

also the inline sponsored add on reddit was for therapists. d-does it know?

>reddit
Yes

>using the shitty official forums
keep posting >reddit to try and fit in

>using any forum at all
I don't even post here.

Not him but I play on controller and touching the stick at all is basically guaranteed spin city. My wheel arrives in a week or two, should I just wait?

>touching the stick
lewd

>touching the stick at all is basically guaranteed spin city
flick/nudge to set the car/counter then hold once it balances out and release slowly for exit

user, when I mean touching it at all, I mean the second it leaves the deadzone everything's fucked.

sensitivity/linearty

I'll try fiddling with it I guess. I can't wait for my wheel to arrive.

rr or diff game?

What?

are you playing raceroom like the first guy or is it a different game

The conversation is about RaceRoom, yes. Other games have been fine with default controller settings for me.

Entry into the SJVI and the SJVI events are by invitation only. Attempting to join without an invite is prohibited. Thank you for your interest in SJVI.

do people even have ps3s anymore?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1659188162

Why do simdads piss and whine when roadcars get added as DLC to games? When the Giulia was added to AC everyone was shitting on the developers.

where?

racedepartment.com/threads/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-assetto-corsa-sneak-preview.144423/

The basic gestalt is:

>"PPPPFFFFT, I COULD GO OUT AND BUY A $200K LAMBO RIGHT NOW AND I'D BE A GREAT DRIVER IN REALITY AND I COULD DRIVE IT ON THE BURGERKING, WHY THE FUCK DO I NEED ONE IN A SIM? I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO DRIVE GT2 CARS"

riveting

That's hilarious.

>I don't think AC is that much different from Forza 7 physics wise. But FM7 looks so much better with rain and night racing, plus the great campaign. Let the flames rise now.

My favourite:

>In real life, you can take them to track days, but without at least a rollcage & fire extinguisher you'll be hard-pressed to find a race series to enter (at least that's true in the developed countries). And then you'll discover that race series expect to fit your car into a classification, likely where you'll need performance upgrades in order to be competitive. Thus "racing street cars in sims" is not the same as "racing in real life", not even remotely. I prefer my sim racing experience to be more closely matched to reality than street cars pretending to be in a race that doesn't exist in real life.

>why would I want street cars in my video game when I could race them in real life
>street car racing is too unrealistic for my video game
They can't even agree on their autism.

I still think that Alfa is ugly but it's a free pack and even has other cars. Why are they whining.

Yeah it's pretty retarded, it's like whining you get to respawn in a shooting game, instead of simply never getting to play the game again. You have to take some creative liberties to make a game better. The same guy even complains about the MX5, and S1 Quattro being added, it triggers him because it's a rally car and base-AC only has tarmac.

I hope AC2 has a healthy library of roadcars, I've got 100+ hours in AC (not much I know given how much content there is in the game especially with mods) and I don't think I've even touched a racecar other than the F1 cars. I'd be pretty fine with AC2 just being a cut and paste of AC1, but with weather effects, night, better graphics and UI.

>"With all due respect, how exactly are you able to experience cars like the Lambo Sesto Elemento or the Huayra BC? Both go for seven-figures when I last checked, and I'm not sure if your local Hertz has them in their fleet just yet. :)"

>With all due respect Gergo....I am not talking about my local Hire company ;) I was just stating, that, thanks to AC and what I have done over the last year, I have been involved with and connected with people that are graced to have this kind of money, and cars. For example, a friend has just "gave back" his Ferrari California because he was bored, and has ordered the new Audi R8 Spyder, which is on a waiting list and will have a pink booster seat for his daughter when he drives her to school.

>I'm a fat boomer who pesters people to let me drive their car for ten minutes, so no one should be allowed to drive them in Assetto Corsa.

Need for Speed Shift 3 when?

I'd rather have a proper sequel to ProStreet.

technically, shift is GTR3, shift 2 GTR4, pcars GTR5 and pcars2 GTR6
so you're asking for a GTR7

NAME a faster car for the same price

>technically, shift is GTR3
if that was true, GTR3 wouldn't be coming out this year

turbo twingo

the talentless hacks that took the simbin name conveniently ignore ian bell made the only decent game to simbin's name

miata ls
fd ls
ls ls

twingo GT3

I am thinking of getting an AC server to cruise and hoon with random niggers on Lake Louise, Usui, that one Scotland map and similar.
Can one adjust time of day without restarting the server and such?
Is there a votemap function or a way to set map rotation?
Can you have custom cars in multiplayer?
Would anyone be interested in using this server?
t. newfag and bought AC 30 hours ago

>He bought into the Assetto Corsa meme

>he doesnt listen to dank Italian music while driving mad fast on some shitty mountain road

>adjust time of day
restart server
>set map rotation
yes you can, but if you want to change something in the initial rotation you'll have to restart
>can you have custom cars
yes, as long as the server and all connected clients also have the car
>would anyone be interested
meh sure I guess, we used to cruise a lot on the c1 loop

There are a bunch of server with those maps though.

I do, but IRL because I'm not an anime posting faggot :)

yeah but I don't want to drive cars with paddle shifters, only Jap sport coupes

Split/Second 2 never.

>he says while posting on Veeky Forums