/eagg/ - East Asian Genocide General - Guanbabby Edition

Previous thread of sworn brotherhood: Pastebin for newcomers: pastebin.com/Gq3pxGqc
Musou Stars OST: pastebin.com/eB09X6D4
Recommended Reading: pastebin.com/eJ4kNhSE
What we know so far about DW9 (old & busted): pastebin.com/yyQCXi69
Cao Cao 2014: pastebin.com/UHcpuWM6
Three Kingdoms 2010: pastebin.com/yTcAccLy

Dynasty Warriors 9 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=BlE4tQl-8is
Dynasty Warriors 9 ChinaJoy Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=YzXoYqomyo0

Bulletin;
-First western popularity poll is currently going
-Man Chong and Cheng Pu are in. Still no release date.
-SSX still wielding chakrams. Lu Xun: the hat stays on.
-DW9 will be open world. Everyone from 8XL and Xun Yu from Empires will return.
-Warriors Orochi may or may not be phased out.
-Berserk Musou is out.
-Sanadamaru is out, named Spirit of Sanada and no Vita version.
-Toukiden II is out.
-Musou Stars trademarked in Europe, called 'Warriors All-Stars'
-ROTK13pucc~ is out.
-tfw no pucc~ 2.
-Fire Emblem Warriors is focusing on nu-FE to nobody's surprise.
-Friendly reminder that Bao Sanniang got an actual tomb, while Cai Wenji got thrown in a ditch

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/893094122868822016
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wang_Yun_(Han_dynasty)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wang_Lang
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>-Friendly reminder that Bao Sanniang got an actual tomb, while Cai Wenji got thrown in a ditch

???

Not that I care, Cai Wenji is boring as fuck

We don't know that, since wehaven't seen Jia yet. Plus, it might be just the skin.

>Guan Ping still use a retardly Giant Sword in DW7/8 instead of Zanbato in DW5

Literally Why?

Bao is a fictional character who got better treatment than Cai, an actual person with accomplishments in drama and poetry.

Makes sense. BUt sorry, I groan when I see Cai Wenji

She's like that obsessive friend who talks about nothing but soccer.

Can't blame the chinaman though. She's cute as fuck and the haters can go fuck themselves.

>fictional character
Folklore, we don't really know if she's real or not. Anyways, we hardly know anything about Shu, all we know is that Kongmeme and Guan Poo fucking suck.

That's why she got thrown in a ditch ;^)

>Hating on Guan Yu, the God of War who is a literally deity in Chinese folklore and worshiped by millions in Asia even to this very day

Brah.

She pestered someone for too long about writing a poem about people sick of poetry when she was told that they were sick of her poems.

Is it weird for a Chinese farmer to kill his wife to feed liu bei? I can't tell

Even the chinese wikipedia lists her as fictional. And if you cannot prove that a folklore character existed, then it can simply be regarded as fictional anyway.

The thing about Folklore is that there's no proof just like that one Nips folklore that said Mitsuhide actually participate in Battle of Nagashino, it's a citation need.

I don't get how Guan Yu became a God of War. I mean... He was supposedly a badass, but he was a follower of a defeated Kingdom. Why not Lu Bu or whatever?

Zhou Cang's gimmick seems to be in part Guan Yu wankery (as expected of KT)

But also being a fast runner/good swimmer. He's the one who captures Pang De in the flood attack. So at the very least we've got that cutscene to look forward to.

Lu Bu lost as well. I mean they all fucking lose sometime, that's how the Dynastic shit works. Guan Yu was just a badass commander with a lot of good rumors about him. I guess that's all it takes to become a god to ancient Chinese folk.

>Guan Yu as God of War
It's just one small cult, he's actually famous for being a God of Brotherhood and Royalty.

Its actually a misconception. The tomb was dedicated to Bao Sanniang by locals, but it wasn't build for her.

>The best explanation we’ve found comes from a book called Chinese Popular Culture and Ming Chantefables, by Anne Elizabeth McLaren.

>While discussing the legend of Guan Suo, McLaren mentions a tomb in Sichuan (specifically in Zhaohua) that archaeologists have dated back to the Three Kingdoms. Local folklore and, indeed, local records claim that this is the tomb of Bao Sanniang, wife of Guan Suo.

>However, a French archaeological team led by Victor Segalin Gilbert de Voisnis investigated this tomb in 1914. While the team agrees that the tomb is from the late Han or Three Kingdoms period, there is, in fact, absolutely nothing in the tomb to identify the owner.

>Since there is no historical record that Guan Suo or Bao Sanniang existed, it is illogical to assume that this tomb belonged to Bao Sanniang, particularly is there is nothing about the tomb itself that makes that claim. Most likely, the locals attributed the tomb to her because she was a legendary figure and they had no idea whose tomb it was. It was nothing more than a local legend that found its way into the local records.

>So, yes, there is a tomb that is said to be Bao Sanniangs according to local records. But the archaeologists who have studied this matter have found nothing to link the tomb to her aside from the local records. There is no inscription in the tomb, nor are there any remains in it. As McLaren says, “There is no positive evidence to associate the tomb with Bao Sanniang, and she remains a legendary figure.”

Still more than Cai "Peggy Bundy of TK" Wenji ever got though.

Why don't they just make fucking Xiang Yu a bloody God of War then, dude literally never lost for like 60 battle and when he lost, his opponent use a dirty trick to beat him.

>of a defeated Kingdom
Weird way to word it when all three kingdoms got defeated by the Simas.
The difference is that Wei got cucked, Shu gave up and Wu got its ass handed to it.

Benevolence, user. Because of Benevolence. That and the beard, Guan Yu is aesthetic as fuck in all areas.

>rebel scum
>attacks the foudner of the Han Dynasty
>commits suicide like a little bitch
I wonder why....

China's ROTK related pop-culture is pretty weird overall I think.

Supposedly Dwayne Wade (this guy) has a massive fanbase in China because his name is similar to Dian Wei. So much so that his shoe deal is with a Chinese brand, not an american one.

NBA Musou when.

>Rebel Scum
That's also Liu Bang, you know?

Right, I mean, he fulfills all the criteria Guan Yu does. I don't see why he stands out enough to be deified is all

>Dwayne Wade
>Dian Wei
I can see it

Guan Yu got deitify because of his royalty toward Liu Bei, he's actually a God of Brotherhood before a God of War.

Does anyone have any screenshot of the quote "I did my best. I have no regret " when you execute an officer in ROTKXI? I need it for reasons

It is definitely weird to feed someone human flesh without telling them about it beforehand.

Or was cannibalism less stigmatized than in the West?

Nice wheelbarrow, Kongming.

I have THIS.

ANIKI!
MOU, DAME DA!

Does anyone think the reason Dong Zhuo no longer uses bomb is because they wants to go back to more traditional, down to earth weapons again?

That or it won't work well with the new combo system.

>Gan Ning, Dong Zhuo and Ling Tong have reverted to their DW7 weapons

Uh oh.

Yeah I'm not pleased.

no clones please

>Gan Ning with sickle and chain
>Big Dong with Gan Ning's chain thingie
The fuck, omega force? What will they give to Jia Xu and will be dropping balls now?

So that's what it is, huh? Jewpan strikes back!

Jia Xu will be unique NPC this time :^)

Weapon switch is basically returning so they'll probably bring back all the new DW8/XL/E weapons as DLC

all characters will return but that doesn't mean they're playable

Dong Bai might get the bombs like how Lingqi got Lu Bu's DW6 weapon

>Dong Bai twirling around like a dainty little princess throwing bombs
cute!

>Dong Bai
I doubt they will add her.

So will Ling Cao be getting Ling Tong's old weapon now that he's back to the nunchuks?

She actually seems pretty like since one of the devs at Koei has a hard on for her.

>was in DW6E with a unique model
>has ridiculous stats in ROTK13

What is even the point of Guan Ping? Sure he's the OG Shu baby but he really only matters in one stage and that's when he dies.

Which DW: Empires game is the best DW: Empires?

Guan Yu, Guan Ping and Zhou Cang are religious figures to the chinese.

I wonder how they're going to characterize her.

I hope she's pure maiden with a heart of gold that idolizes her big sister figure, Lingqi.

he's a machine to wank Guan Yu

that's literally all he's there for

suicide is highly honorable you dumb normalfaggot

twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/893094122868822016

noo its not fair bros etc etc

So now I have to decide to get a PS4Pro or finally update my graphics card

>rebel scum
Liu Bang was just as much a rebel to the Qin as Xiang Yu was.

Thinking of getting back into Musou
How is Sanada-maru or whatever they translated it to?

Why don't you do it then? Aren't you honorable? Put your knife where your mouth is faggot.
I'm sure you will be remembered fondly. Just like Xiang Who lmao

>implying it'll be a cutscene

So, who's gonna get Jin and "others" ad new officer?
Jia nangfeng?Liu Biao?

I wonder how they will fuck up PC version, aside from performance. I mean, there is no PS3 version to rip worse textures from...

only the insecure care about being remembered

>Xiang Who lmao
He's one of the most famous figure in Chink, you moron.

ANyone else was doing robbery missions in DW8:E only to have the wood oxen move on their own when you start hitting them? I nearly shit myself

>going from cartoony dumb face to realistic literal down-syndrome face

I'm not sure the west will appreciate that...

>suicide is highly honorable
I don't want to say Xiang Yu died like a bitch or anything, but killing yourself directly goes against the teaching of Confucius and Buddhism, as your body does not belongs to you alone but also belongs to your parents, your brothers and friends and to the country, so by killing yourself you commit 3 great crimes: Being disloyal to your country, being unfilial to your parents, and being unrighteous to your friends. Killing yourself really isn't anything of praise, unless it's to stop your lord from being an idiot or something.

So is Spirit of Sanada any good or what

>Wanting another cancerously boring pure waifu in this game
>Not wanting Dong Bai to be a bossy and snooty little girl whose brattiness is enabled and encouraged by Dong Zhuo so that you can devour her salty tears when it's time to finally assassinate her and her grandfather

I bet you also write boring fanfics about boring pairings like Oichi and Nagamasa

Sounds like a Buddhist sect, the purpose of True Buddhism is to free beings from the the material world

I wasn't a fan, but I didn't like SW4 to begin with.

lmao

Not really, unless you're really a musou style game.
They will find a way, I'm sure of it. I'm glad I got a PS4 by now so I can at least wait and see how it play out.
Sima Yan

>unless you're really
>unless you really crave*

>so by killing yourself you commit 3 great crimes: Being disloyal to your country, being unfilial to your parents, and being unrighteous to your friends
thats straight out of rotk. i like it

Hello Cordelia

sigh, I guess all this nu-FE stuff means no Lynwaifu huh?

cuck

There's always hope for DLC, or the "we fixed shit" kind of sequel DQ and Gundam Musou got.

Armpits not detailed enough. 0/10 would not buy her game.

Hmmm

Me

I wish they'd bring back DW3 style art and battle mechanics/weapons

I hate these wacky over the top weapons and there's literally 4 of your troops on screen

Also why do all generics have gigantic greatswords and Xu Zhu clubs now? What happened to DW?

>wu gets nunchucks back
>wu gets chain and sickle back

How can other kingdoms even compete?

Just as I planned.

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Dong Zhuo is going to be the most powerful warrior in all of DW9?

>meme wushu weapon
>literally farming tools
Sasuga jiangdong farmers

Mate, that weapon he's holding has kicked up a whole new cloud of dust.

> Implying he wasn't the most powerful warrior in all of DW8

All I want are young/old models for every character.
You can't tell me that 40+ years have passed and Liu Bei is still the same beardless doofus.
Fuck.

benevolent genes user

>poll is finally a thing
>facebook
>deleted facebook years ago
thanks koei
I liked the bombs :(

>not making a new FB account in a minute with a mail.com account

nah

i write boring gentle femdom fics between dong bai and reader where she subtly threatens you if you don't want to be her boyfriend and eventually husband with lots of cuddling and handholding

isnt his name wanglang

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wang_Yun_(Han_dynasty)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wang_Lang

please share

rude

Lu Lingqi is Dong Bai's bitch!
Dong Bai makes her do everything!