Is there such a thing as a secure car?

Is there such a thing as a secure car?
I have heard countless stories of car thiefs bypassing any security measures and driving away with expensive cars. Is it possible to have a thief proof car when they have insiders that leak out information about the latest security systems.

What I do is drive something so ugly and undesirable, no one would ever bother stealing it

Anything with a stick

Nobody steals Miatas.
They did when they were new, but there are no parts shared with more common cars and their market value in general is very low. It's very easy to break into one but a dilligent owner won't leave valuable items in it and most of them are manual which many thieves can't drive, and good fucking luck outrunning the cops with maybe 110 hp to the wheels.

someone tried to open my lock and completely destroyed it instead
so now noone can open it
HA

There's really no way from stopping people from getting into your car. Just get 2 GPS trackers. Hide 1 well, hide the other not so well. If they find the poorly hidden one, they'll think they're safe and you'll still have the well hidden one tracking the car. Alert law enforcement, get car back.

Also, theft insurance. Honestly, it's probably not worth it for most of the people driving 3k civics on Veeky Forums but it's a good idea if your car is worth more than $30k.

Do you trust Noone?

I enjoyed this post.

More than Meself

I have a snap-off boss so keep my steering wheel in the house. Also a battery cut-out. It's not thief proof but will stop opportunists when they can't start or drive it in five minutes.

You can go nuts and install a mechanical fuel cut out, ignition cut out, ECU isolator...

>not taking all the wheels out and keeping then under your bed

>not dissassembling your car like an exploded diagram and burying each part

If someone really wants your shit, they're gonna find a way to get it.

not true

very true

just get a wheel lock if you dont got shit.

Just roll your car. It'll be in bad enough shape nobody will expect there's anything worth stealing.

The best security measure are common sense. Don't park in shitty neighbourhoods, don't leave valuable shit in your car, don't drive some retardo ricer shit unless you're always going to be parking it in a secured area etc.
The vast majority of car break ins/thefts come down to retarded owners.

I've heard older Mercedes like the W124/W201 are very hard to steal because of the vacuum operated ignition.

>tfw europoor so having a manual car is not an anti-theft method.

Need more sticks.

what does that switch do?

>not burning the car down and ordering every single part separately

connect your locks to explosives only you have the knowledge of disarming
>t. /k/

Not always an effective strategy. A surprising amount of cars are stolen not because they are expensive or desirable, but because some tweeker needed wheels for a couple of days. I used to live in Seattle, and the majority of cars stolen there are ordinary Japanese shitboxes and the majority are found with 1-2 weeks, usually just parked somewhere else in the city.
My friend's subie wagon was stolen and turned up about a week later, parked two blocks away from where it was stolen with someone else's bike in it.

The green one? Looks like it might be a place to fill hydraulic fluid or similar

A friend's and all of their neighbors' cars got broken into at once.
They had some remote that worked on every car.
No broken windows or anything

I own a massive shitbox that will only start with a semi complicated starting procedure, and if they do manage to get it running, the exhaust is Swiss cheese after the cat.

Spoofing keyless entry is stupid easy these days. You can get everything you need from Ali Baba.

If we execute all people that steal cars, we will no longer have any car thieves in merely a few decades. I approve of this eugenics program

At last, a simple and final solution

This but
+Nigger-rigged hot wired ignition with screwdriver key
+Manual transmission with neutral safety switch disabled

I drove a piece of shit '87 Ford Mustang LX 2.3L with no door lock key for six years, never had a problem.

park in a nice white people suburb

the only 99% way

this makes me erect
i need a unimog now
>look over at puny autobox driver
>revs up to rev limiter
>starts throwing leavers around
>sicc drifts
>nothing personal amerifat

Rig a random useless button or switch to act as a kill switch

pay a mercenary team to guard your car and tell them to use deadly force on any non white person who comes within 100ft

but even this is only 99%
if your car was valuable enough to need this then your probably going to be the antagonist in a fast and furiousesqe movie where they have to steal your car

MOG jockey here, most of those levers are for heavy equipment attachments and working gears not actual driving.

Well yes and no. I live 20km from the capital in queit village by the sea and forest and there are countless break ins and shit. Last year neighbours range rover got stolen which was parked behind a closed gate right by his house.
I want to catch them motherfuckers who regulary walk through my territory but they run pretty fast.

you know what else goes fast?

idk, deez nutz?

This is why i disabled keyless entry on my car and then took out my fob batteries. Nobody without my key is getting into this bitch

The two red levers are looking/mid/high range, the two green ones on either side are for the PTOs, the four levers in the middle are spool valves, the little lever with the accordion boot next to them is pneumatic parking brake, the lever opposite the gear shifter is the forward/reverse and the little accordion boot lever down front is the PTO clutch.
Most MOGs don't have all that shit, though.

Put a landmine under the driver
seat cover, deactivate when you enter. Perfect no one ever steals

I have an immobiliser that kills all of the electronics. That and it’s slow, has no synchromesh on 1+2 and probably won’t start anyway so fuck them.

That said the doors can be taken off from the outside with just a flathead and a spanner

Re-run the battery to the inside of the lock tumbler.

Zap

Niggers can outrun the white man, but can they outrun the white man’s bullets?

Nyet Pyotr, battery is bomb

Lock is also bomb

Also wire is det cord bomb

Also car is bomb

I've got an '80s diesel truck that won't start unless you cycle the glow plugs, and it is a manual transmission. However, after having taken apart the steering column before I know just how easy it is to bypass the key..

Drive a FE V8 with manual choke. On any day under 90 degrees that fucker isn't going anywhere without warming up a minute or three. Or if you're really paranoid, take the coil wire with you.

Stop eating Reeses in your truck!

>disabled keyless entry

Aftermarket alarm on my Landcruiser. Came with lock/unlock functions. I cut the wire to the unlock function so a key must be used. Setting alarm will still lock all doors.

I just have a hidden battery cutoff switch. I rarely use it, usually only when I have to leave the car overnight somewhere sketchy, which is rare. I also pull the fuse for the fuel pump when I do this.

I have a club on the steering wheel when I park on the street.

Someone did this to the trunk of my new project car

From the security videos I've seen, they have a smartphone that can broadcast the infrared lock/unlock commands for any car. I've seen two guys in hoodies with backpacks walk slowly down the street at 3:00 am, pause at each car, unlock it, go thru it, next car.

Two engineers from China recently demonstrated a system that cost $20 to build but can spoof not only keyless entry but keyless ignition. They just need to stand next to you in line at Starbucks to sample the signal your fob is giving off and then they can drive off in your brand new car.

Yes, RF interception is very much a thing, has been for years (Bluetooth sniping) and will likely be increasingly common. Along with that, cars are going to become more like computers in the sense that you'll need strong measures to prevent knowledgeable assholes from breaking in, or even doing damage to it/russian hackers making your self-driving wünderbox crash into the oncoming truck

Not long ago I read about someone who made (and published online the plans for) a pretty simple device, made from parts that could be easily found and purchased online, that was able to read the most common RFID code of a certain brand/model of chip from the keys (apparently the chip was used in everything from Ford to Kia to Porsche). You only needed to turn your car on near the device (which admittedly needs to be physically near the lock/key, like stuck to the underside of the car) the antenna picks up the signal and boom, the code is theirs and can turn your car on no problem

Of course, that's a bit harder/more time consuming to achieve if the car has a traditional turn-key that requires power to be coursing through the steering column's lock in the first place, but a smart nog can probably also deal with that in a few minutes, but a keyless entry module does away with that concern for the crooks, just obtain the magic numbers and the car's yours

>TFW you might even see antivirus for cars in your lifetime
>TFW you might witness the first truly massive car crash courtesy of "foreign hackers"
Feels dependent, mayne

Rate my setup.
>Disconnected key lock connecting rods for door actuator. Can't use keys/pick to open doors anymore
>Viper alarm system
>Tilt motion sensor
>OEM immobilizer system
>Fuel Pump kill switch
>Manual
>Wheel Locks

The most you'll ever really need is a kill switch for the fuel or battery. Most car thieves are opportunistic, as soon as a car doesn't start they'll move on to the next one because the longer they sit there the more likely they are to get caught.

why not just execute everybody who owns a car and then the government smash the car so there are no more car owners and no cars left and therefore no more automobile related crime?

Would require a truck/dollies to steal, so seems solid

Just watch out at stoplights in the bad parts of town, user. Although with that setup, I'm guessing it's already armored too

However, if you're paranoid enough to take all those steps, maybe a call to Raytheon/Northrop/Lockheed/Leonardo if you're a pastanigger (doubtful since you clarified it's a manual, but still) is a good option. Radio countermeasures/jamming would be enough for most situations, but since you're there I'd go for laze detection+jamming too

Heck, maybe get the full package and have yourself a proper ELINT/SIGINT system installed in your vehicle, as well

A kill switch for the battery/starter is ideal, lest you want to risk a nigger burning out the latter in an attempt to start the car. Something that simulates a fault could work, too, like something that flashes the lights in the dashboard a few times and then kills all power for a while as if there was something seriously fucked with the car

And it's an old thing nowadays, but being noisy and having plenty of light also sends them flying off. They don't want to attract attention, so a setup with a smaller, independent battery that can turn on lights and make sounds is a good thing, although by that point they're already well within the car

Made me smile.
Door actuators are just laziness on my part when I was replacing burnt out motors. I get added security as a result.
Security system was installed by previous owner.
Wheels related