Rate my mom's new car

Rate my mom's new car

Other urls found in this thread:

thedrive.com/sheetmetal/16989/zero-star-safety-rating-awarded-for-fiat-punto-by-euro-ncap
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

shit/10

You dont even own a car, Devon

Nice Spyker hatchback.

2 time shop car, then it will be broken

Do you live in spain or southern italy? or *shudders*
Tostitos nigger land? (mexico)

>early series Grande Punto base in cheap white
>that useless cardboard windshield cover
>the entire place is in shabby condition

i can smell the poverty, it must really sucks live like that.

Can i rate your mom?

I actually don't give a shit about Veeky Forumss opinion at all, I just love how our guys have such a hateboner for Fiats.

It's a 2013 with 45k km, always dealer maintained and never a mechanical problem.

Chile.

It's not bad

What engine, friendo?

Now just go to the best Chilean suoercomputer (i5 with a gtx 770 and 8gb ram) and crack yourself a nice trip code so you can start shit posting about your mum's Punto.

pauper love

Is your butt sore cause my Punto can actually blow the shit out of your car in the tougay?

don't forget to ask your mom for gas money

No worries friend. I've got that covered ;^)

Fix
It
Again
Tony

>fwd
>toegay
>poortuguese driver
Even if that thing did reach 200hp, it's still a slow shit box. Should have bought an mx-5.

>your car is slow
>uh, should've bought an mx5
l o l

>buying a fiat
is this how poor people stay poor?

I guess it's fine if you hate your mom
thedrive.com/sheetmetal/16989/zero-star-safety-rating-awarded-for-fiat-punto-by-euro-ncap

How the fuck is it a 2013 when its a Grande Punto, which was substituted by the Punto Evo in 2009?
Poverty ass liar

Maybe it isn't a grande punto? They tend to sell old models for longer in South America.

Good slow car > bad slow car

Wait did mjet get a new car or is he seriously saying that his diesel shitbox can win against anything on a touge?

Post a picture of your mom op

8/10 shitbox I approve

>remapped to 205hp Supersport is somehow slow
>a regular Abarth Punto with 160hp driven by an amateur is faster than a GT-86 around the ring, not to mention the Supersport with 180hp
>muh rwd
Layout means shit in the real world, especially if you drive a fwd with torque vectoring. But I guess being a giant benchracer faggot you don't really get that.

Do your homework.

Hey im actually happy for you. Now you actually have some balls behind all the shitposting.

ayyy my dude
I went to look at one of the AGPs but it was bad
ree

What was wrong with it?

the old grande punto tail lights look so much cleaner than this

The Abarth ones (clear turn light) look pretty good, I'll give you that.

I'd swap them in just because everyone loves LED clusterfuck tails now

Hah. I know this car!

they look good at night, tho

man you don't even wanna know I swear. Clean ass fuck on the pictures, but damn, in real life it was scratched on the complete underside of the vehicle, left mirror parts were missing, the other mirror was scratched, scratches on the trunk (like how the fuck can you even scratch the trunk man?)
so I either keep looking or keep putting money into the 188 and be a cunt and let the guys built the S1600 engine in it. But then again I'd have to talk to my TÜV guy first, otherwise the police won't like it.

I'll have to say he's right though. The Punto is hella slow around corners compared to an MX5.

And don't forget there are some well sorted MX5s for every Abarth out there!

I guess the car you went to see either saw a lot of trackdays or it was abused daily :s

I'd keep looking, if I were you.

>that sure looks fun to drive on the road
t.plebs

it was the second option. I mean you can DD them perfectly fine, you should just learn how to drive. Anyways I unironically talked to my TÜV guy. While the shop would actually be able to built the engine (in theory) it would be a shitload of work to get that thing to be legal. I mean why should things be easy for once, right? lel
I still have some others on the list, damn but I am really dissapointed.
also never really rated OPs moms car.
tell your mom she has a nice car, user. How many HP?
>hurr durr I can't read!!
nigga I said the engine, not the fucking whole car.

It would probably be easier to get the whole car legal apart from the engine... S1600 de-stroked engine will never ever meet emissions standards...

This thing is a minute slower than an 86 on the ring
Don’t make things up

>

Building an engine expensive, and doing all the paperwork won't be cheap. At least here it isn't.

Emissions are not a problem if you know your TÜV guy :^)
getting the fitting brakes done are tho, and you can't just throw an engine in there and not having a reinforced chassis to back that up

WITNESS ME!

ye, I know, but my boss was working with a racing team back when he was younger, he still knows the guys who built rallye engines (professionally, not some sketchy polacks) so I guess I'd be able to maybe get a discount lel
anyways the more i think about it the more stupid of an idea it was.
>thought instead of spedning 9 grand on a new car i could just invest half of that in the old one and basically have a "new" condition old punto
surely not one of my smartest thoughts, but that what getting dissapointed makes with one.
yeah that may be legal in some third world country, but even then if you have a working brain you should know that it's a bad idea to do that.

In all honesty, how so?

You do know that an engine only makes up for a small fraction of all the forces that go through the chassis... And rare are the occasions where powerful versions of cars have any difference from the base versions with regards to chassis reinforcements.

Well, that's the standard for shitboxes at least. It's not necessarily a bad idea as long as you know what you are working with.

dont invest that much money and time on a fiat punto.
im not hating on fiat puntos, they are fine cheap little cars, just dont over do it, they are what they are. theres many better options on the market if you intend to spend money and build something fun to keep

that's literally what i was thinking in the end, too. I mean at least not in my current one. I would unironically invest money in an actual Abarth one.
>invest
I mean spend some money on stuff. Obviously nowhere near even 3k or so, but you know, a nice set of wheels and shit like this. Just the average boyracer stuff.
>In all honesty, how so?
do you seriously ask me why I think it's a bad idea to use a brake that was set up for a vehicle with 95 hp for a vehicle that would have over double the hp?
or do I understand you wrong?
I mean sure for DDing it would be fine since you won't go fast, but if you'd actually push it the thing would overheat in an instant.
I don't know exactly what the TÜv means with that "the vehicle must be able to withstand the power that the vehicle produces" but I guess it's that the brakes should be able to stop the vehicle and that the chassis won't twist if you'd pedal to the metal it with the more power. I mean that the factory parts for a 95 HP vehicle will not be built to withstand double that.
>tfw writing like a fucking autist because I can't put into words what I mean and because I am angry when i think back about the other vehicle
pathetic to be honest with you.

the abarth one is like as good as a punto can get, if it isnt enough for you just get a better car, dont be a fanboy, theres other brands on the market, Fiat isnt the best one for sure.

I was referring to chassis reinforcements.

Believe me, I know a few things about brakes on Puntos... (picly related)

mom/10

I guess I would have to look deeper into the meaning of this, I can only think so much in it. they're vague with their statements. I'll try to check tomorrow what it means.
> that's not the brake of an 188
I know I could search for other cars, the thing is I really don't want to pay 7 k for a 130 k km E36 or buy a VAG product. and don't even get me started on the fucking JDM guys and their pricing. the Puntos are just the best looking and most affordable cars to go fast(ish) in around 150 km of my house.
And I always liked the Punto because my grand mother always had one since the first one came out back in the days, it sounds stupid but i guess it's just kind of an emotional value also added to owning a punto because we always had at least one Punto in the family.

That's the brake of a 188.

but is it really an original?
fuck dud mine doesn't look that fancy.

No they are originally from the Coupe 20VT / Integrale.

It was my grandmother's car.

damn I wish my grand mother had an HGT lmao
I you almost tricked me there into thinking I didn't would know what my brakes look like.
> tfw rear drum
> tfw brakelet

Haha I wish too.
It is (was) a 1.2 8V.

why of all this would yo swap the HGT body on it and even oversized brakes for a 1.2 8 v you madmen

Ah well, that will take a bit of story about the car.

My nan bought that car brand new back in 2001 when the men were barbarians and climbed the trees to kill the birds. When I eventually got my license I learned to drive in that car, that was some years ago...

So, fast forward to a few years ago, the car was long gone from my hands and I learned that it was all broken and going to be scrapped. I thought it would make a good resto-mod project, so I bought it back.

At first I only intended to fix it and keep it around for as long as I could. Then I started adding a few bits here and there... new suspension, the Abarth kit, Abarth bucket seats and the very rare Abarth HLX steering wheel, then a problem in the brakes eventually triggered a series of brake upgrades, so I got the rear brakes from an HGT, and the fronts were a mix of custom parts, calipers from a Coupe and discs from an Integrale. Then I had to get bigger wheels so I went with the Abarth ones.

After I was done, the engine broke due to bad previous maintenance from when the car was not mine (the head actually cracked!) and I got a 16V engine. That wouldn't run properly so I hacked the ECU. And after I was done with that I thought, well, why stop there, and put a 1.4 T-Jet engine in it.

That's the short of it. Pic related was the car when I brought it back from the dead. Good times.

How much does its cost you? Currently willing to go for one now. Currently looking for one too in chileautos (Chilean too) and don't know what to look in prices and such.

god damn it why did everyone do the TJET swap but nowhere is information about it?
tell me more about it please.

>Pre facelift 3rd gen
It's so ugly, she should have got a 2014 punto pop

t. bad taste

Yeah, I mean... You could even get a T-Jet in it but remember the chassis will still be the same.
You'd need at least a good coilover for the car to handle the power in corners and you'd need to get a decent set of brakes (maybe from an Abarth 500?). Then you'd need to get new wheels to accommodate the new brakes.
Shit won't be cheap.

And buying an Abarth Punto won't be that bad of an investment. It's not like there were many produced and sold. So, if you intend to keep it for a decent number of years it might even start appreciating in value.

5.5 million

It's a women's car tho, if I had a similar budget I'd get something else.

>You could even get a T-Jet in it
Iwish nigga, but no one ever somehow made a list on either what you need and how hard it actually is, so it's hard to guess what one would need.

You must be looking at some old figures
Last I checked it was sub 9 min