Unpopular Opinion Thread: No Memes Allowed Edition

Share your non-meme unpopular opinions

>A real car enthusiast should respect any build as long as it is done well and safely, including some light stance vehicles. Regardless of whether you like it.

>Uninformed hate on a car or hating a car because it is popular is stupid and strips you of the right of calling yourself a car enthusiast

>Buying a car because it is rare and not driving every opportunity you get is sacrilege and insulting

>flex fuel systems should be mandatory

>manufacturers who don't offer turbo cars are stupid for not doing so

>any car can be modified to what you want it to be; the argument that "the engineers know better than you, so you shouldn't change that" is pretentious and a fallacy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OFDy9pGTtjE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also, black is the best color for a car. Bar none

>NA is way comfier than turbo
>thick tires are great
>namefags should fucking kill themselves

There isn't a single NA hot hatch or even warm hatch still being made

Last warm hatch was the swift sport and now that's a 1.5 Turbo

Last NA hot hatch was a Civic Type R but that's been turbo for a while now

A shame really

Fiat is actually pretty reliable.
I mean it

>>A real car enthusiast should respect any build as long as it is done well and safely

Ok, sure, but y---
>>flex fuel systems should be mandatory
>>manufacturers who don't offer turbo cars are stupid for not doing so

Fuck you. Fuck off.

Agree with all of the above.

>I hate Toyotas and would never own one, been working on them for years and think they're full of shit design choices.

this. there's really no argument there, except when summer comes and it gets a wee bit toasty and the sand makes ur car look less like a car and more like a dirtbike

>been working on them for years and think they're full of shit design choices.
elaborate am interested

I don't get the subaru hate meme. I think they are great and make great reliable cars.

Infinity makes the most aesthetically pleasing coupes i've seen IMO.

Every vehicle everyone in my family has purchased for the past 20 years have been toyotas. How does this make you feel?

The part of an automatic used for putting it in park, drive, etc should not be called a "shifter" if the driver isn't actually doing any of the shifting. My friends that drive automatics hate that I refuse to call it a shifter and instead I call it a "prindle". They don't like this because to them "prindle" sounds feminine like a women's garment or a ballet dance move.

What about a selector?

I did say unpopular

I've had 3, and each time I swore I wouldn't buy another one. Hard to clean, SWIRLS, and fading bother the fuck out of me. But they are so pretty.

>Zero-to-sixy is the most pointless metric for determining a car's value/importance

>prindle
youtube.com/watch?v=OFDy9pGTtjE

Are you black, by chance? What other made-up words do you use?

Modifying a car is retarded because the engineers that designed it know more than some idiot that watched a youtube video, it also ruins the resale value of a car.

i know thats bait but imma take it
>muh engineers
all they do instead of designing something to be very best they design it to be the most mediocre for as little $$$ as possible
>muh resale value
not everyone is a broke ass shitter who cant afford to lose couple of bucks for some fun. also just keep the original parts and swap them before selling

Hard to take care of but that pay off

Hnnnnng

I'll bite.

They engineered it to do many things okay. Like suspension; it has to have comfort, performance, ride height for normies, and some level of longevity.

A bunch of other engineers can nix ride height and sacrifice some comfort for performance and the ability tune, while making it more robust or at least equal to OEM.

Assuming that changing the qualities of a car makes it "worse" is asinine. It depends on the goal of the change.

And if you are always worried about resale that's your problem. Personally I take care of my vehicles, modded or not. And when I do, I buy quality parts so idk. I sell privately, so if I'm selling the car to someone looking for it, not a dealer. Just my .02

There's literally nothing wrong with FWD

Can agree, depending on application

>any car can be modified to what you want it to be; the argument that "the engineers know better than you, so you shouldn't change that" is pretentious and a fallacy.

everyone already knows this, the engineers arent making whats best for the car they are making what will save them the most money/wont need to be warrantied etc

Performance mods on non racing cars is fucking retarded
t. $10k on making my shitbox perform worse during at 97% of its job.

Your post reeks as though someone called you a retard for stancing your car and you're trying to justify it. Stance culture is a culture of retards.

this

seconded

The single most important thing about a car i buy is if it makes me feel special

horsepower numbers are almost always irrelevant, especially when discussing cars not built for drag racing

Never stanced a car in my life

extreme stancing is the only car modding subset that i truly hate. i love seeing ridiculous drag cars and fucchuge offroaders, but stanced cars are so god damn retarded

It's also the most frustrating color.
Especially when you have a hatchback.

I hate how ridiculous and unsafe it gets. Like I get wanting the flush look but the extreme camber, fender cutting, underbody scraping and shit is waaaay unsafe.

Nobody read my post, I think. Where I said "light stance" and "safe". They just read stance and went into an autism fit.

Yeah. You have to be into detailing because that's what you're gonna be doing