/fg/ - Falcom General #34

Previous Thread: Office Ladies edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS III scans: twitter.com/HDKirin/status/890226327122362369

- Trails of Cold Steel II confirmed for PC release:
gematsu.com/2017/07/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-pc-launches-august-2

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

isu.wikia.com/wiki/Ys_Games
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Calvard when?

Post more OLs

ATS

Fuck xseed.

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

Awfully posh weapon for a guy who so openly hates the upper classes.

Kloe gets an ATS weapon for free (and all of that female only ATS buffing equipment on top of that) in the final dungeon. Her weapon is kind of pointless.

Did anyone ever get around to releasing properly looped EVO music for the 3rd PC?

His daddy warbucks bought it for him.

Its not fair, why can't I be her househusband.

Still the weapon of poshos, next the game will reveal he has a gamekeeper.

So i beat YS 2 yesterday, and now i'm wondering in which order i should play them. I hear people suggest i start with The Ark of Napishtim since it was apparently the first in the series of remakes they made, and it's the one with a more rough gameplay style compared to the remake of III. I also hear the other games apparently reference that one from time to time?

After that, i assume playing Oath, and then Origin makes the most sense before jumping to 7?

I want Rean to bully her womb.

Vorpal+2 is the closest thing to her Zemurian weapon in terms of ATS boost and even so it's still 20 points short

*puts crossbell on a really high shelf*

Yep

Ark>Felghana>Origin>Seven>Celceta>V

You'll need to go higher, faggot.

>shitstation 4
no thanks

You're the screenshot user?

Please emulate Dawn of Ys, and fill the thread with screenshots to share its greatness with plebs who refuse to play it because they think Celceta is the definitive Ys 4

But really, it's easiest to go straight to it after 1&2 because it's almost a direct continuation involving the characters and such, and also is the last one to use the bump system
Has some of the best bosses in the series too

*moves crossbell to a small hidden space*

Everyone gets a failsafe weapon in the final dungeon and in the case of everyone that should be casting magic except for Olivier and Renne get weapons that give ATS. Olivier never gets a weapon that boosts ATS anyway so don't bother making one for him.

For the physical characters, Richard and Tita are the obvious strongest and one of Joshua/Agate should be with Kevin since they're really useful for the final boss for the first phase. Anelace has her own ultimate weapon so she doesn't need one.

In order to get the most bang for your buck make the weapons for Richard, Tita and two of Agate/Renne/Joshua/Zin.

Can't wait to take Valimar down a peg.

You can play Seven whenever you want. It has its own rules and lore.

isu.wikia.com/wiki/Ys_Games

Kloe's natural ATS stat is insane and its a lot easier for mages to deal good damage than it is for physical characters. She doesn't need a weapon because she deals top of the line damage anyway.

>They think Celceta is the definitive Ys IV
Tell that to Falcom then.

>giving soldats to obvious resistance sympathisers

What are they THINKING

Thanks.

dumb smelly erebonians can not think

I'll keep it in mind then.

I'll give it a check, but won't hold any promises.

>Tfw they make Valimar kneel here with their shitty mecha. +3DP

Which Cold Steel is most likely to be the canon choice for Rean?

>shitty mecha
The shitty is redundant user, the concept of mecha is inherently shitty.

Alisa

The one with lewd implications.

Alisa

Falcom's still mad about Dawn of Ys deviating from what they asked for when they outsourced it to other devs- before Celceta Mask of the Sun was the one they considered canon, but there is literally nobody on the planet who played both and thinks Mask is better than Dawn
It's a funny thing to have even happened really, they rushed Celceta out to settle the argument once and for all and have one officially canon that nobody could complain about

Unfortunately for them they fucked that one up too, and Dawn of Ys is still infinitely better in gameplay AND writing
The only ones who don't believe this to be the case are those who haven't played it

Alisa is pretty good though. Most people keep shouting how she's shit because she's a tsundere in CS, but they resolve the issue quite fast imo.

She doesn't deserve to win.

She already won though. Isn't she also the only one that kisses Rean in CS2? Falcom should've just made her the canonical romance option from the start and they could still let us spend time with others and stuff.

How do we stop Lloyd from stealing all Crossbell women for himself

Laura is brozoned, Fie/Millium are little sister zoned and then Emma is obviously the game's Kloe with way they handled her.

By making Elie assert her ownership.

That doesn't mean I can't hope they'll go for someone completely different in CS3

It hurts

The only thing that you're hurting is yourself you idiot. Alisa was clearly in the lead from CS.

>being this delusional

Actually its Falcom who is hurting me.

I never said it was likely to happen.

Cold Steel III will save us from forced main girls, the final bonding events in CSII give me hope.

You're only hurting yourself.

>Final bonding scene in CS3
>Alisa :nakadashi ,handholding
>Other girls : N-no Homo *hug*.

>laura
go back to your muvluv thread in /m/

Alisa won, check CS3.

But I want a forced main girl, I just don't want Alisa.

I'm still going to blame Falcom so I can continue to ignore the ways I am damaging myself

I'd love to have your time machine

>Wanting to ruin the friendship with your swordbro
You're worse than Weissman.

Cold Steel nude mods when?

What will you all do when Bonding events are dropped and Rean ends up being forced into romancing Tita with the full approval of Erica and Agate?

I'm not arguing if it's good or not. Canon is canon, it's not mutually exclusive with bad.

He will romance Alisa or Altina and you will like it instead of your fanfiction.

You're even more delusional than that other user.

I believe in Falcom.

Its not fanfiction, its whats going to happen. All of the CS girls will die in a traincrash

>no fun allowed

Alisa is literally an older Tita.

>all these buttlbasted anons about Alisa being the canon choice
Just give it up, lads. Believing in delusions will only hurt you more.

Alisa is literally broken home Tita, leave the original to Agate.

>all these buttblasted anons about Tita being the canon choice
Just give it up, lads. Believing in Delusions will only hurt you more

Thats how Rean is going to transition to Tita so easily, she'll be there for him while he's trying to deal with the loss of everyone else in a freak train accident.

*hides crossbell into Sword of Vander*

How long do you think it takes before the Sword of Vander puts its hot sticky crossbell all over her face.

That's a big sword.

Really, even Russel - Erika dynamics is similar to Gwyn - Irina.

Elise.

Better give that back or else she won't have his babies.

Oh I know, by "definitive" I didn't mean "canon" so much as "the only version you should play"

Yeah it's non-canon, but everybody should still play Dawn of Ys because it's a fucking great game

Laura will be Rean's swordbro. It's the fate of all blue swords.

At least Irina isn't an annoying cunt like Erika.

I really really like this victory animation

That was not meant to be a reply.

>Picking Machias instead of Jusis

Inadequate performance sheathed his sword with style and smug, Rean should try to be more fun.

Why'd you have to post that, I'd almost forgot about it too.

I really, really like this port. It looks lovely and works extremely well on my toaster laptop.
But enough of that, time to get back to Ao which runs worse, heh.

So far I have preferred Machias and my inner brit says "You can't side with the posh guy"

No one can beat Colonel 'Don't call me Colonel' Richard but I still really really like that victory animation

Is the UI the same as the console version?

Machias is even more privileged than Jusis

Theres more to being upper class than money unless its not like that in Erebonia in which case oh well.

Yeah, barring the really nice save screen.
>so far I have preferred Machias
That preference of you will be put to test by the game, but if you still end up liking him you're my friend.
Don't lie to people, he doesn't get any perks from being Carl's son, plus his upbringing is decidedly commoner, what with having Patiry as a childhood friend.

Patiry x that kid that follows her around is the low key OTP of Cold Steel

I thought they're siblings?

Im pretty sure they aren't, hes just the local shota.
Would be ok if they were though

Its a bit cluttered and visually active in the camp, especially for a console UI

Man why is Ricotta so sexy? She reminds me how much I wanted to lewd KeA.

It's the clothing.

But she's totally tsun for Machias.
Also I've got to say, this dub isn't actually that bad. Alisa's voice still feels like lead poured down my ears and Emma's kind of meh, but Patrick made me want to punch him from the very first line, which I would count as a great success.

It's a rule that all green-haired Falcom lolis must be perfect