/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Sea Dog Edition

Prev Thred: warthunder.com/en/news/4868-marathon-operation-s-u-m-m-e-r-awards-together-en

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>A discord you can use:
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Armour#Types_of_Armour
warthunder.com/en/news/4880-marathon-operation-s-u-m-m-e-r-declassified-en
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

raf_pilot is homosex

>not putting a heat round through his turret
Tell me more

Jumbo should be uptiered.

>not putting hvap through a jumbo's turret
Tell me more

I didn't say it was bad, but it's pretty meh after all the jumbo wankfests I witnessed. I still prefer the M24 overall.

How the fuck do I counter diving bf 109 f4 nigger s with 3.3 planes?

Reminder that ameriniggers dominate 4.7 because they are cancer

M18
Jumbos
Rockets

Cancer killing 4.7

who the fuck is raf_pilot

>naziboos have to aim or take something mroe than APHE for once
>pitch a fit

what plane?
ab or rb?

>just aim a tiny MG port from 1000m)))))))))
fuck off burger

>implying you're EVER fighting at 1km in bore blunder

>what is SB

I'm arcade shitter, and I play slavshit. Just got la5.
Currently thinking about going off map, slowly climb up then turn fight those fuckers, then again their guns melt my planes anyway

APCR is useless against it's sloped front and has like 2mm less pen than needed for it's mantle

>cast

elaborate

Cast armor is weaker than RHA.

Different types of armor have thickness multipliers.
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Armour#Types_of_Armour

Naziboos should be gassed!

a non-FN la-5 has nothing over a 109 F-4 honestly, even at low altitude.

yet still naziboos will whine about their planes being bad

>M18
>4.7
when was the last time you played?

So with my 2.7, 3.0 and 3.3 lineup, if I get put against those fuckers I just have to accept being a free kill?

Would it hurt them to put this shit into a fucking tooltip or mention it somewhere in the game?

There are so many M18 players that you're pretty much guaranteed to see them at 4.7

>tfw still not any SDKFZ 251 variant

Ayy lets up-tier this tank that struggles to even penetrate half the shit it faces just so xXx_Wittmann_Darkness1998_xXX can get his erection of blowing up vehicles from across the map that can't hurt him.

Sorry bro but we need a Waffenträger instead. ))))))

>trying to kill a zero in the F6F when starting from equal energy in a one on one
this is suffering

Shooting on the jumbos mg hole works!

No shit.

Now you can stop bitching about jumbo. You're making us wehraboos look bad.

>m18 bitching commences in 3, 2, 1...

is the lancaster bombers any good

why the fuck are kursk and frozen pass still in rotation

they're honestly bad. not only are they relatively fragile for heavy bombers (still tanky as fuck though) they lack good defensive turrets and coverage. only thing worthwhile is the payload, otherwise the halifax is better in nearly ever way. also stupidly boring like every heavy bomber.

I think there's no reason to fly the mk 1 over the mk 3, though I may be wrong

I've heard this a lot, why is the Halifax bomber better than the Lancasters?

>respawn in your last backup or get crew lock for 5 minutes

It OUGHT to be included in the effective thickness when you mouse over it to look at angles, but that would be too easy.

>blow control surfaces off a B-29
>he makes a wide turn and starts diving out of control
>crashed
simply epic

It's arcade. Just wade into mothballs and pick up the guys tunnelling.

the halifax is stupidly tanky, has better rearward armament, and is much more maneuverable while having similar if not better speed and climb. only drawback the payload but the halifax already has a very good payload anyway. this is all at a much lower battle rating as well so the enemies you face won't be able to intercept and shoot you down as easily.

warthunder.com/en/news/4880-marathon-operation-s-u-m-m-e-r-declassified-en
wow it's literally fucking nothing

company of heroes 2 all over again

>What did you expect really? This company thinks very lowly of the playerbase already, they're not going to go out of their way to give us meaningful extras just like that.

>alt camos are the only thing that gives you a reason to fly an off-meta plane after spading
>they never release new camos except for limited time events

Yup.

I play on and off but I've lost faith in warthunder at this point. Gijian seems to not realy care if stuff needs to be in the game or work properly fucked brs and damage models, post war fighting things from around 1943 constantly, premiums that didn't need to be in the game could have been in the normal tree or are just over powered or under tiered. Most annoying to me is gijians hard on for protoypes as of late going in with a 6.0 tank and seeing nothing but ru251 js-6 T29/T/34 heavies and t44/122s.

Can we agree that the american tree player base is the most cancerous?

>implying the claps didn't need a competitive t4 heavy

Eh as a German tank player our base and the soviets tend to take the cake. Russians screaming t-34 can totally bounce 88 shells and Germans yelling about how tank A should always beat tank B is annoying

t. M18 false flagging

>take caernarvon into 8.0 match after dying
>bounce 3 shots from a T-54 off my side before one shotting him through the UFP with APDS
>then bounce 3 more from a T-44-100 before killing him
what the fuck is up with this thing

t. ru.251/obj.906 false flagging

maybe if we go by posting on external forums. In the ingame chat, naziboos are infinitely worse.

God no I hated that tank when it was added i rember fighting it in a panzer 4h all the damn time and because gijob fucked its armor it bounced shells no problem ( I only ever got to the m10 because light tanks for life m22 best tank )

Who would win?
Kebab or Best Korea?

The broken damage models is something they will forever excuse as lack of data, look at how many planes they've 'readjusted' the flight models for, yet not quite gotten right. The premiums thing annoys me too, especially since they have time and time again been planes that are the most competitive at that particular BR and I can only imagine it gets worse in tanks.

I would say however that the prototypes thing is alright as long as they have the data for it. Given the game abandoned being a realistic ww2/ korean war simulator a long time ago, having 'what if' additions is fine by me as long as the vehicles aren't plain OP and require nerfs to reset the meta.

>Who would win?
The rest of the world.

I'd say it's a tie between "m-muh Kruppstahl!!!" wehraboos and "our tanks are shite lad, it's just the skill of the grizzled veterans of the british empire" teebs

the nazis, always crying about CAS

Meanwhile at gijian hq... no fuck off Germans no Entwicklung series tanks for you. Here russia have another tank that only had one that was built and it's not even that good ))))))

t. ru.251

Why are the operation SUMMER rewards so shit?

Are they afraid that giving out a decent Rank III-IV Premium vehicle as reward for month of horrible grind would make it too easy to earn SL/RP?

Currently Rank IV-V is in dire need of more players and rebalancing. 6v6 matches suck ass.

What's the best 109 and why is it the E-1?

I didn't even bother with it this year I know the armored car will be a pos with 0 gun traverse speed I don't care about Slav china man bastard tank and I don't play air enough to even have a chance at the two aircraft although the jap plane seems cool

>last months warbonds gave out a tier IV prem (the p51D)
>gaijin won't deign to make the nip plane prem

:^)

Fuck you're me262 goering and get that raf shit out of here and don't even talk about that mig shit

>nazinigger shoots my only frontal weakspot from nearly a kilometer away, through smoke
legit players))))))

I think they're afraid that if they add in the Entwicklung tanks that it will break their physics. It's a bullshit excuse on their part, because the E-100 wouldn't be much bigger than a king tiger, and would move at about the same speed and the E-25 is nothing worse than the russians have already. I guess they are afraid that if they do, then the doors will open for other tanks and planes where only parts of them were made. They're inconsistent already, so I guess I'm giving them too much credit.

Can you buy warbonds with eagles or do you have to grind them all?

I have grinded 1500 bonds couple a months for the bushes but 3000+ seems fucking ridiculous.

E-100 was a reward tank one year for an event people spammed t-34/85 and one of the Stalin heavy tanks with and I think the other nations where given a shit line up for the event

Oh yeah, my bad. I was clearly thinking about the wrong thing. I guess they just don't want to do it.

Hmm....

>poverty bushes

what really grinds my gears is the fact that all of the tanks in aircraft rb, sb is the same fucking version from so long ago

they still only have a tiny ass kill box on the bottom of the tank still.

Could still put an the e-100 with th other proposed turret designs I think Henschel had a turret design that look like a king tiger turret and theirs the Wot Krupp turret design ( both might be post war bullshit made by what if guys and scale model builders so don't take my thing a truth )

>one bomb gets eaten by the pillbox
>the other literally hits the tank dead on then does nothing
>can't turn off the delay or I'll kill myself

>getting killed by a Jumbo
>at 1km
Are you driving with your side completely exposed to him or something?

Panzer IV has only 50mm of armor on turret.

>decent maneuverability
>buzzsaw machineguns
>god-tier energy fighter
Niggercanes can't even escape the E-1's fury.

And yet people try to shoot at the 80mm hull all the time.

I tried PzIVG in RB for the first time yesterday. Had it already almost spaded from the days I played arcade. Got a 13 kill match. Apparently people playing RB at 3.7 don't know where to aim without the arcade indicator.

Though in two games I died to freaking Cromwells after bouncing their hull fronts at point blank range by hitting the edge of the front MG port. That just hammers home how bad the single pixel projectile terminal ballistics are.

Also some guns seem to have pretty strange trajectories, for example the APHE shells of IS-2 seem to have almost linear projectile drop all the way to max range but it might be historically accurate since such massive projectile could have quite good BC.

do niggers in Pz IVs really expect me to feel bad for them facing jumbos?

>do niggers in Pershings really expect me to feel bad for them facing Tiger IIs?

jokes on you I've never driven a spergshing and I never will

Get fucked airchav

What crew skills for fighter pilot? I have G-tolerance and stamina maxed.

it hurts

>4.7 Jumbo
>He's aiming at me directly
>Mantle has 177,8 x 0,94 = 167,13mm of armor
>4.7 JPz IV PzGr 40
>176mm of pen up to 100m
>Distance to Jumbo ~20m
>NO PENETRATION
>NO PENETRATION
>NO PENETRATION
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))FUCK
FUCKING EBIN SHIT GAIJIN MMHMM FUCK YOU

>ki-61 tries turnfighting my Spitfire LF Mk IX
heh, when will weebs learn to not turnfight everything they see?

>Pershing
>having a hard time against King Tigers
Wow, shooting them into the sides or is so hard.

APHE to MG port
APHE to commander's cupola
APCR to rounded part of cast
or don't be a shitter and don't enage heavy tanks frontally in the first place

>wanting to the E-series
For what purpose exactly?
You know they will get rekt by post-war allied tanks the same way any existing German tank gets rekt.

>mph
it would hurt me too

>Turnfighting in a ki-61
>he has shamed his famiry.

>mantle
Mantlet is the word you're trying to use.

Stop posting Warcraft shit

can someone remind me why the MiG-9/L isn't 8.0

>Give panther II it's historical L/70 75mm and put it at 6.3/6.7
>make E50 Standardpanzer with the long 88 and put it at 7.0 where the panther II sits

That would curb my autism at least

>giving (you)s to a shitposter

@@184801454
>panther II
>historical anything

Every other failed prototype finds its way into the game might as well let's us have paper panzers it's not even about if the tanks add anything to the game or need to be their at this point ( kv-1s stuh 42 kv-2 with zis 107 ect)