/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Ash edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Operation Health - Patch 2.21 is live.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-296924-16/operation-health-diagnosis-optimizing-operators
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-GB/updates/health/title-update-2-1.aspx
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/news/152-289775-16/year-2-season-2-operation-health
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-290265-16/operation-health-qa
Hong Kong season has been delayed. Poland map has been canceled. GROM operators will be released together with HK and SK operators.

Carried:

First for Smoke best operator

Laser sight on his shotgun or nah

always. you should have the smg11 out most of the time anyway

nth for where's campi?

what helped you go from gold to plat

Who is best girl and why is it Frost?

>we'll never get the bottom right hibana
The designer of the nippons should be shot.

>best grill

forgot image

I never use laser sights on shotguns bc I feel like it kinda ruins the spread of a shotgun and makes it hard to breach walls. If I want accuracy I ads. Smg 11 shouldn't use it either.

where do find these?

google
Just search r6 concept art you'll find a few on Devianart

>will never have echo with like a fucking shield on his arm or something

tfw average

I just got invited into a party of all Japanese people and I swear to got they were making fun of me the whole time. This is a western game can they please stop embarrassing me

A lot of the concept art for the base operators were shown with the operator reveal spotlights on the official site. An official concept artist also has posted his concept art on his facebook page. His name is Arman Akopian

>we got that anime shite instead

>someone with a fucking pepe avatar palying recruit shield with a revolver
id say these people should be stopped from reproducing but i dont think thatd happen anyway :^)

>will never get catboi echo

frogfuckers are degenerates

would using DMR's help wth my aim as theyre more reliant on it than putting out loads of bullets with an automatic gun?

Yaranaika?

>tfw people shit talk me but i cant message them back because im comm banned until the 8th
Xbox mods are faggots

How would you guys feel about Ubi taking away ACOGs for ARs/SMGs and making them DMR exclusive?

No just learn how to shoot 2 shots at a time it's really not very hard to get used to it

Just played today after a year.

WTF did they removed the yellow thing when you press z?

She's such a cutie... Too bad she has a shit gadget and shit guns.

>join session in progress
>no one is holding a gun
>all barricades are up and people run through them

Gotta love ubishit

>spectator bug that bareley does anything except look silly
"fucking ubishit

ESPORTS READY

>bank
>breach ceo office from the outside with team mate
>small hole on the wall of janitors closet
>strange
>start getting shot at from outside office
>me and team mate light him up, kill him
>go over to hole
>scan prints in the closet
>valkyrie is hiding in there, door barricaded, pretty much trapped
>for some reason team mate fucks off to the stairs
>try and wallbang valk, but she comes out through the hole and kills me
>team mate still on stairs, no idea what hes doing
>he comes back 20 seconds later, valk is gone by now
>he peeks into the hole in closet and valk comes up behind and kills him
>tea

>9mmC1 is shit
DELET THIS
but youre right about traps. At this point their only usefulness is a down if someone's rushing the objective last second and doesn't check

all these designs are so much better than what we got what the fuck ubi?

They didn't you dumb american. Don't mean to be rude though.

caveira is the most trash operator

>FNG

If you're retarded, sure.

I've tried playing Blitz exclusively while attacking for the past 10 games
Here's what I found out:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________he's fuckin garbage

It's just that his pistol is absolute garbage.

t. Fuze with shield main

her special ability benefits the enemy as they know theyll get hunted so they can just set up in a room and wait, her smg is trash, players that pick her are trash

Oh, so you are retarded, thank you for clearing that up.

I'm so sick of this game, the constant 3 speeds, dropshotting, pixelpeeking, bullet holes in wall peekholes, dogshit netcode, whatever
The only thing I've noticed since the hitbox update is that it's now impossible to headshot Jaeger, who is basically Ash 2.0. It is beyonds infuriating to get outpeeked by him even when both of you are at

t. butthurt cav main

>tfw I have tons of fun playing without becoming a jaded competitve tryhard

stay mad dweeb

>recent proleague match
>player picks Caveira with shotgun at the start of a new map
>casters are surprised at this pick and interested to see what the player can do with her
>he gets absolutely trashed near the beginning of the round and dies first
>they don't pick Caveira after that anymore

Lets be real. You're actually just bad

t. someone not good enough to stay in diamond

so i picked up this game yesterday, it's fucking crazy, i did 8/10 operations but the last two aren't worth all the fucking frustration. I managed to get 3 atk and 3 def I tend to play IQ on atk and Pulse on Def

do people normally not talk at all in this game? I was wondering if voice chat doesn't play a part until you pass a certain level

voice is more common in comp. in casual its very rare and most of the time its just nonsense

lol just use blitz

You should be happy if nobody uses voice chat. Being reminded that you're playing with literal children is depressing

>Game uses 100% cpu if you don't cap fps
>makes mouse stutter to shit
>if you turn vsync on and it drops below 60 it goes to 30 immediately
>adaptive vsync doesn't do shit
>There are no per game fps caps and I don't want to cap my fps to 60 every fucking time I want to play siege

I seem to get really angry at this game lately.
I'm going to play some MMOs casually for a while and chill out, hopefully Operation """Health""" will be over by the time I decide to come back.

it's really frustrating when the start playing like it's cod while talking shit

>terrible fucking server routing
>havent played a single match below 170ms for no reason, despite no other game doing this to me on the closest server
>retards in-game saying M-M-MUH PING ABUSE whenever I do anything remotely good, despite the norm being me having a sub 0.5 wr and kdr thanks to invisible enemies and low reflex getting me killed within the first 30 seconds of a match

I want off the ride lads

>your whole team dies 20 seconds into a round
>call them out on it
>their comeback is calling you a noob for not being able to 1v5 them
I really wish I could slap people through the internet.

fuck off then

Frosts supershotty buff when

>2017
>playing MMOs
Sad

You deserve it for not proof shooting at suspicious holes on the wall

>people with "cuck" in their usernames

If someone picks cav the game essentially becomes a 4 v 5

>Cameras
>Black Eyes
>Echo drone
>any reason at all to pick cav

I just did a run out on consulate with jaeger and killed the last three people hiding behind cover while completely in the open myself. It made me feel like a bad person.

pretty much every op is more useful than cav except maybe castle

Rarely anyone talks with randos, not even in ranked. But then Ive never reached diamond or plat. The VOIP in game is shit and for a game that has such a low volume and requires listening, voice volume is very inconsistent. Most people use discord or teamspeak instead of the ingame chat.

*blocks your path*

What else is there to play while zoning out and relaxing?

Nah castle is good at deterring enemies on certain maps like kids bedroom house

that nigga be able to be a castlecade for the whole room all by himself

Where do you put the castlecades

I think his pistol could probably use a damage buff, seeing as most of the defending team are 3 armors and the USP is just a little better than pissing on someone when Rook comes around a corner. Apart from that, I can say that Blitz is actually really powerful. The hitbox update has made him far more usable now than ever.

Caviar is numero uno for pubstomping
Ranked is usually you and 4 retards vs 1 compenent guy and 4 retards
With Caviera you can turn his retards against him.

Is this your PC user?

whatever you say user :^^^^^^^^^^^^)

One on the window that jumps into the undone bedroom from balcony, and then I cover both of the doors that come from bathroom to master bedroom and bathroom to stairs. Then placing kill holes correctly makes it pretty much impossible for the attackers to get into kids bedroom from a direction where a crosshair isn't watching them

She wasnt peeking the hole you retarded faggot

Not him but you have no idea how tired I am of that stupid fucking reddit meme
Next you'll start posting le lorde tachunka
kys

>cav interrogates in casual
>5vs4
>4vs4
>3vs4
>2vs4
>caveira cowering somewhere in target room with her crap weapons

What's wrong with potatoes, user?

this is some quality netcode

>no dev blog about PC texture quality settings today

No faggot, I have a OC'd i5 3570K and a 970GTX. This shit transcends specs.

Were we expecting one?

>Fuze with shield
Why ? His weapon is great.

I'm wondering when they'll release it. It's been almost a week since the last blog about optimizing the operators

you know what wouldve been cool?
if when sledge does his swing on his elite skin thing it made a glass shattering effect on the screen

I wish the Deagle wasn't horseshite
that fucking recoil

How to properly setup sensitivity in this game? I feel like every sensitivity I pick is complete shit and I'm struggling to hit anything.

Almost all of the emotes for the end game are underwhelming. Kapkan's is probably the worst so far. It's borderline cringe.

It's down to personal preference and your particular mouse sensitivity (your device, I mean)

What I personally use and what I've seen most people do is to keep aim down sights sensitivity lower than your general sensitivity
I personally use 55 sensitivity and 35 aim sensitivity

All his weapons are great. But shield is the most fun.

My understanding is that setting your sensitivity in game extremely low and then boosting your DPI gives you pretty silky smooth mouse movements.

My personal stats are as follows;
>ingame aim sensitivity of 2
>ingame ADS sensitivity of 55
>mouse DPI of 4500

I tried changing ADS sensitivity to 2 because I thought it was a 1:1 ratio with regular aim sens, but for some reason it made ADS movement impossible. I won't pretend to understand it, but I found leaving it at 55 made transitioning between hipfire and ADS seemless with no abrupt slowdown or speedup.

So far, I've been doing far better than I was before I fiddled with my sensitivity. I think I could tweak it a bit more so I could be faster, but I find being a little slower makes snapping to someone's head far easier, reducing the chance of overshooting the head or dragging across an enemy.

>tfw someone says "lol" on mic in game