[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

Japan looks like a motorcyclist's paradise edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Chicken Strip Support Group

/dbt/ map: Meet & fuck:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:
Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Beginner-friendly bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

webms with sound:
Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4zAThXFOy2c
youtube.com/watch?v=CzTMA8m6-_g
youtube.com/watch?v=NgjbwrtIBQs
youtube.com/watch?v=DJROC2Mm0G0
youtube.com/watch?v=3WJzAcfyu1M
youtube.com/watch?v=BXW7GC31bBM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SUZUKI A

N OPTION

when will we be getting new liters? aside from suzuki and honda everything feels stale (including the new suzuki and honda)

Why would you need anything faster than modern leader bikes? Get a h2

Ducati sends it's regards.

And to be honest the RSV4, R1, ZX10R and S1000RR are all more or less hanging up with the newer bikes anyway, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

who here know bout this baby makin music

youtube.com/watch?v=4zAThXFOy2c

youtube.com/watch?v=CzTMA8m6-_g

i dont know about you but im pretty curious to see what happens with the new panigale V4

yeah wish they still did a complete redesign every two years. We didn't know how good we had it anons

yeah the new Duc is cool but it starts at $21K compared to the $17K for all the others (with a $15k gsxr)

also I dont trust ducati's reliability as far as I can throw one.

think the other manufacturers will start upping displacement for the street versions of their literpeters too and follow suit? maybe even have a 1200 for the street and a 1000 for the track...beat duc at their own game. Would be cool shit a 1200 would be pushing over 230chp amiright

>tfw the next county over gets your license suspended claiming you never paid a ticket you got three months ago
>have physical and electronic bank statement showing withdrawal/payment of ticket
how the fuck do the stupid pigs get away with shit like this
I don't even know how this is going to affect my record or credit score and I don't know how I can even get this shit sorted out

No, Ducati already announced they're lowering theirs.
Aprilia Tuono is 1100 because it doesn't matter for a naked.

>No, Ducati already announced they're lowering theirs.
no they didn't
their track version will just have a shorter stroke crank shaft to get 1000cc

>getting tickets at all

the base version panigale v4 is 1100cc the R version for racing is 1000cc

>dirt road
>motorcyclist's paradise

only if youre a redneck or under 12

Show evidence to the court that you paid and show up in person don't call them, mix ups happen fairly often (friend of mine gets in trouble alot and had a similar thing happen) once they realize the mistake they'll say sorry and fix it

Tuono is 1100 so they can up the torks down low
>Install shorter crank
>Lose compression
>Install longer conrods
>Lose rigidity/add reciprocating mass
Lose/lose situation

Hello no skill

>already announced they're making a smaller engine
>no they didn't, they're making a smaller engine
ok user

>No, Ducati already announced they're lowering theirs.
? They announced that the 1103cc bike they just unveiled will not be an 1103cc 4 cylinder anymore? Or you mean they are going to have a 999 V-4 pani for racing and an 1103 V4 pani for the street just like I was saying. Which is why I am saying that the other manufacturers should pull the same move and up displacement on the street bikes for more torque and hp...cause 200+ is not enough. If Ducati gets another 103+ cc's: "because Ducati" I think everyone else should drop some bored/stroked/whatever powerplants exclusively for the streets and show how strong their pimp hands are.

he's right tho

hello underaged

The natural course of action is to start selling detuned GP bikes

For what reason? How many people do you really think can use the entire 200hp they already have?
They'd just be segmenting their models and complicating things for no real reason.

Stay shitty, bitter and nofun

Ride offroad faggot, you won't regret it. It's a totally different feeling than riding on the street and it feels great

Because for street riders, what they're actually doing is upping torque literally everywhere instead of just down low.

No replacement for displacement just came to bikes.

"Sorry" is a bit of a shit appology considering the magnitude and ramifications of a suspended driver's license.
this ticket has been a ceaseless trainwreck of a nightmare, one thing after another.

I just want it done and over with

I'm still waiting for turbocharging to become a popular thing on leader bikes. It's the next step

They'd be better off making it a Vtwin

not until rules change for the superbike racing classed
also
>leader bike

t. Never challenged his friends to climb steep, dangerous shit only because you want to be the best

The soy here is unfathomable

Did you really just ask me why more power and torque? It's not about can ppl use it. It's because:
>more power
>more torque

Besides it's not like Ducati didn't do just that and then immediately brag how they have the more power in the class. What they get a pass? How hard would it be for the other manufacturers to stroke their motors in response? The end user gets more options, more competition, more powa, and Ducati can stop thinking they get a "speciale snowflake" pass when they pull shit like this.

>Not leading on your leader bike

>If Ducati gets another 103+ cc's: "because Ducati" I think everyone else should drop some bored/stroked/whatever powerplants exclusively for the streets and show how strong their pimp hands are.
I think we are going to see more H2 type bikes that compete above the liter bikes/ homologation bikes
sort of like what happened with the hayabusa/zx14

bruh who actually cares this much
you think people don't know a bigger engine will make more power? buy the ducati if that's what you want

The bench racing is STRONG in this thread.
>muh hp I will NEVER use
How small are your dicks?

Supercharger is a more linear power delivery to not upset chassis. And Kawasaki runs that shit right now.

Oh yeah I forget that the h2r exists

don't take your leader bike for granite

V twin does not magically equal torque. It's a meme.

Specifically an American meme because Americans are used to twins being made by shit engine builders who can't make something that revs without blowing up (harley). If you want to get technical, a four cyllinder engine will always have more torque than an similarly tuned two cyllinder engine of the same displacement, just because there are more bangs forcing the crankshaft around. If you showed me a 1000cc torque monster twin I could build a 1000cc torque monster four that beat the shit out of it. Hence the rules giving lower cyllinder counts more displacement to work with in racing.

There's also no reason for a V4 to have more torque than an I4. Absolutely none. This is a meme perpetuated by tuono riders, who don't know they have an extra 100cc and slight detuning, and VFR owners, who don't realize their 800cc engine has been detuned and made less oversquare to have the top end power of a 600cc engine.

quick question.

why would anyone buy a h2 over a zx10?

if they cost the same and weighed the same; yes

church user

cause they want a super charged 1000cc super bike.

>this is the best track near me and one of the few that isn't a drag strip or "speed way"
>5 hour drive
>the next nearest one, also in a different state, is even less curvy and requires being near spokane for a not-insignificant amount of time

kill me

Ok I will make sure to lead every baik, even the leaderlets

Don't expect much from the justice system, it sucks but they don't care about you

I'll come out and ride with you. I'm in east oregon

>Mfw dirty leaderlets exist

>leader bike for granite

Looks like we're going fishing and rock climbing boys.

I'm in Idaho, which is why
>five hour drive
Just getting to the track would completely ruin my tires

I don't want to have to sell my car for a truck for this shit

Hey, I live in spokane. The airway heights raceway is pretty shit, but why go on a track if the palouse is filled with curvy roads anyways?

sue the town for damages

I need some help with something, I have a 1997 zx6r that's completely stock for the most part and it gets really bad wobble in the front wheel once I start reaching 120-130mph, is this normal or should I get a steering dampener, if so which should I get to fit on the bike?

STOP BREAKING THE LAW, ASS HOLE

I hope that you take advantage of Idaho's amazing offroading user

while you're up there you can count your blessings in the skies

Never said I was on a public or private road

Not him. But I do. Ridden all over idaho

I took a day trip and rode through spokane once. The roads were pretty shit, more potholes and gravel than roads. I went around looking for toegays and only found more potholes, gravel, and cyclists who weren't homeless until I worked my way back into town and ended up by a golf course. There's a road running by a smaller river there that's a little twisty but it's residential, and on my third run down it, thankfully a cooldown, there was a cop parked on the side.

The real highlight of the whole deal was all the drunken/wigged out homeless guys in the inner city.

It might be time to sell the sportbike for a dirtbike

>tl;dr

Dumbest thing I've read today

I've only been in the canfield/fernan area. Have you been to the dirt airstrip just north of there?

being so poor they were born in the dirt and raped chickens for fun, Enjoy being inbred retards.

The force fed H2 is going to pick up YUGE gains compared to the n/a 10R motor. An exhaust/tune/other minimal mods on the H2 is going to put you like 220-230-+ to the wheel. With minimal effort. To get the same kind of power from the n/a 10R motor you are going to have to build the motor. Then you got your curb weight and wheelbase differences...the H2 is closer in weight and wheelbase to the 12R and as such is really for a different purpose. Being an animal. Which it does well.

youtube.com/watch?v=NgjbwrtIBQs

youtube.com/watch?v=DJROC2Mm0G0

youtube.com/watch?v=3WJzAcfyu1M

youtube.com/watch?v=BXW7GC31bBM

H2 is a BEAST

Spokane itself has shitty roads to ride on. The country roads however just north and south of the city limits are godtier. Idaho is close too for offroading, I love it here

>things are because I say they are
5/10 made me respond

>he thinks dirtbikes are cheap
Ken
I would assume I have. But it's probably been a couple decades ago

engine configuration doesn't equal torque

>Never adventured in the middle of nowhere with friends and challenging each other's skill on continously sketchier trails

I honestly feel bad for you user, it's a good feeling

Ducati made the 1409 with 1103cc because a longer stroke helps with emissions, not for the extra power. They'll make the V4R a 999cc for homologation purposes.

Near liberty lake is the best place in washington to ride, far east of spokane.

Spokane not so much

yeah $4k gets you 270whp, you'd be lucky to get 15-20hp+ on a typical literbike out of $4k in mods

>tfw want a bike so bad but have to wait 5 more years for all the shit on my driving record to come off and I don't get assraped for insurance.

Don't you worry about cops out there? They patrol that area pretty heavily

So you have no idea what you are talking about.
Gotcha

>cucked by insurance
Buy used

Ayy any desert 100 fags here?

>Ducati made the 1409 with 1103cc because a longer stroke helps with emissions, not for the extra power.
no, they made the engine bigger so they could make the same or more power than before while still meeting emissions. If they went with 1000cc + the emissions they would be making less power than the 1299, and that was a big red flag for ducati since they are afraid that their new bike wont sell if it's not better than their old bike.

Not on the roads I ended up on. They were pretty narrow, hilly, and grassy, not a lot of room to park or turn around. You only had to be careful on the straight parts.

I fucking wish I remembered that route because it was short, but godlike

it's why there are different displacements for different numbers of cylinders in racing

I am going this year, I'll show all of those seattle fags that an old aircooled bike can do the ironman just as well.

All of the surrounding countryroads in the spokane area are like that. There's even a street race scene near mt. Spokane

Stop pretending to know what ur talking about

says the guy presenting no counter arguement

I'd still get cucked even if I was on a 30 year old 50cc poverty transport.

No reason to argue with fake news

sounds like you don't know what you are talking about

Anyone? I'm sure atleast one of y'all know how to work on a bike

So it makes extra power and they immediately hype that as a selling point but they just HAD to do that cc increase to satisfy emissions. They didn't WANT to make all that extra pesky power and torque that they immediately advertised as being, "class leading." Yeah OK sure thing. I think the rest of the manufacturers will need to increase their motor sizes as well...because of *cough* emissions *cough* too of course.

Ya know I have bitched about this before and will continue to do so. I want to see an apples to apples comparison on a fucking Ducati street bike. But we all know Ducati has proven they can't make an apples to apples bike to save their lives...and don't get me started on their pricing. They would get almost 300 extra cc's on their 1299 and then brag about their power/torque and I was hoping we could finally see a real equal size comparison. But NOOOOOO Ducati is a speciale snowflake again and again and again. How come the rest of the manufacturers can pass emissions with their 998/999 powerplants? But ducati needs more displacement?

The desmosedici sold in what 06 was a 989 V4 that made like 162-165whp. Back then it wasn't an especially powerful motor compared to the jap bikes. Ducati are assholes, with a track record of being assholes.

Stay salty friend

:^)

salty about?
you're the one floundering about
have this super competitive V-twin superbike, and a cat to pet when you realize that it's not.

Guys pls help..

That wasnt me. I was just pointing out you don't know what you are talking about
Kek

gotta love force fed