Which is the best option among the 4 for a total noob just starting to ride?

> Already Read guide on the sticky
>Decided to get used 300cc Motorcycle
> Budget ~$3000
>Why buy used when You can get new for ~$5000?
>Too many choices can't decide -- Kawasaki ninja 300/ 400, Honda CBR300, Yamaha R3, Hysung GD250 and BMW 310 R/ 310GS.
>Want to buy BM cause bike is cruiser, and has vertical seating angle

What do you think Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MsX2rIZory0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

300cc is gay, get a busa

Chances are, you won't keep your first bike for ever. So you'll either buy for 5 sell for 3 or you will buy for 3 sell for 2.
Can't help you with your choices though, not a bike guy

this

Scout 60, nigger

I'm poorfag....Will use bike to commute for atleast 3-5 years.

Go kawi,honda,yamaha just so you can get parts easily and will hold decent value when you sell in when its time to upgrade. Just look for decent deals around you and go for one. This isn't a forever bike so doesnt really matter as long as it runs, is reliable, has tread on the tires and the bike was taken care of.

Hyosung is the best option desu

what issues will I have with BM? I really like the look of this bike?

If you are completely novice and haven't had any experience with two wheels start on something cheap and without fairings for the inevitable first drop.

If you come from a civilized country and got your license on a proper bike don't be afraid of 500s and 600s to start on.

Why ?

Why not a cheap Thumper? IF you are a big boy and wear big boy pants you could get a KLR650. If you want more off roading than commuting grab a DR or XR instead.

>USD forks
>EFI
>Looks
>Is Cheap

Please don`t, rather by a used shit bike than new trash.

the g310r is shit, one of the worst in its class
also
>korean shitbikes

see only 5000 budget

isn't the bmw more than that already or are you buying used?
the mt03 is uglier but it seems a better choice and about the same price

dealer is giving brand new out the door price of 4995.

Telling a man what bike to buy is like telling a man which girl to date. Nigga I don't know what you perv on. Get a turbo bus

ok ok stay away from a questionable brand quality if you HAVE TO DEPEND ON IT. Look up TSB's for manufacturer nd specific make and models you are interested in. Then maybe go to forums specific for those bikes and see what ppl are bitching about. You will probably be fine with a few different choices so get the flavor you prefer. I personally would go jap over euro or korean for reliability and for cost of parts and availability.

Get a a cheap Japanese made motorcycle, not any other brand because you are poor and won`t afford repairs on anything else. Get a decent bike and treat yourself to a better way of living, and dying abruptly.

what he said also, fix you are screen

Is the GS500 a good stater bike? Its either that or i look for a ninja 250/500.

Kawasaki Z300/Ninja 300.

CBR300 is as slow as an '08 Ninja 250 while costing way more, R3 is overpriced, Hyosungs are trash and so is the BMW.

gs500 is cuck bike, but you can learn to ride in that piece of shit and sell it for $1200

Beater Ninja 250
youtube.com/watch?v=MsX2rIZory0
It's not as fancy as those newer bikes, but it doesn't really matter since you'll probably get rid of it in a year anyways. You can sell it for the same price as you got it since people are always looking for them

>carbs
ain't nobody got time for that

Do you like they honey? I'll fix this year, all other damage except scratched an unpainted crash bars. I have new plastics ready to heat mold.

I'm sorry I don't want to take boomer dick in the men's bathroom at Outback Steakhouse. Also my budget is $3000.

Ugh but a naked bike look so nice! Guess a ninja will do though

no, don't fix it
what will i be picking on then?

Me, with my shit life, most likely. I only need two things right now; to be an American, and to have a gf(female) who will ride with me.

Used cb500f?
Probably can find a last or prev year model for less than 5k

>G 310 R
holy shit my dick

An 88-2007 Ninja 250 would be good for you. Easy to ride, easy to work on, fantastic fuel economy and excellent resale value.

>b-but it's slow
No, theyll hit 100 easily if the carbs are tuned right

>carbs
Carbs aren't hard at all

Which year of Ninja 250s are fuel injected?

It's an Indian bike with a BMW badge

2008+, but only outside of the US. Theres aftermarket EFI options for the carbed bikes, but theyre hit and miss

They may LOOK nice, but you won't be LOOKING at the side view when riding the motherfucker. BMWs are overpriced and so are their accessories. I don't care for them except the flat twins and they aren't a good value for money.

Go Jap. No fucking Hyosungs. Their quality by comparison is crappy, especially electrical systems. If someone suggests Hyosung I suggest gouging their eyes out and filling the void with their severed testicles. Hyosung may improve in the future but I wouldn't buy one with your money, let alone mine.

Don't overthink your first bike. It's a "practice girl" not a wife.

On Veeky Forums autspergtardshitposters will try to push you to specific machines. Look for ones generally considered reliable and the more there are of the model you choose the more aftermarket parts you can pick from.

Styling is the last consideration. You don't ride styling. Women don't fuck you for your motorcycle. The only ones who get autismal about bikes are other guys.

This user has some sense.

So does this user:
If you want to spend money, get quality comfortable riding gear. Too many noobs spend too much on their bike and ride in garbage.

Buy and study a copy of Proficient Motorcycling.

>he needs a good cheap 300cc bike that's upright
>wants a pajeet bike instead of this

Thanks user.

Getting a copy of proficient motorcycling, Will use extra bucks for gg gear.

hmm...will look into this too.

Here is the deal....
>Pajeet bike is 4995 out the door with ABS brakes
>new.
>New VX300 is 5699 plus taxes and shit.
>Need to search for new

What does kawasaki give for the extra bucks?

Is it like a rice tax?

I sat on one of these at a bike shop recently (also looking at bikes here). Felt pretty light for it's size and was reassuringly large. Was a little too tall for me though. I'm 5'11" and I had to lean slightly to one side to stand up. Wasn't wearing my riding boots though, so that might of made the difference.
OP, have you tried going around and sitting on literally every single bike in a bike shop? It's what I did, and trust me, it helps when making this decision. You can compare hypothetical ergos and various engine stats all you want, but until you're there sitting on the thing you won't really know what you actually want.

Le edgy as fuuuck!

Cruiser life best life

>What does kawasaki give for the extra bucks?

Better quality control, better materials, better design, and aftermarket support. If you want to ride instead of pay someone to fix broke shit, buy quality and that means Japanese in that displacement range.

If it were just cheap labor the price difference would be much less because there isn't a lot of labor in building most bikes. Corners can be cut everywhere including wiring (lighter gauge, cheaper plastic insulation and my favorite, delicate crappy switches), charging systems, machining tolerances (lower reject rate means more profit, but not for the poor bastard riding it), inferior metal, inferior heat treating, cheaper seal materials, inferior bushings, less durable plastics and a symphony of small quality reductions that cut manufacturing costs.

If you are gonna buy new, buy a good machine and you'll be much happier. A quality used bike shits all over a new grenade.

Are you confined for legal reasons? What's stopping you from going with a cb500x, cb500f,
cbr500r, or cmx500?

It's got enough pull not to be dangerous, is controllable, and is reliable enough to be a long term investment as a commuter.

Otherwise, what do you want in a bike? A better description would aid better recommendation.

Yamaha R3

yammie noob pls leave

I was asking about the g310r, rc390/duke390 or a 300 ninja last week and everybody basically trashed the bike.
So now here I am looking for a good condition ninja 250r.

just get Hyosung GD250

only budget. I can only spare maximum $7000 for everything.

I was told not to get a 600/500 cc bike as a beginner bike, so I am confining my search to 300cc bikes.

Look the decision is very very simple:

- Get a used bike

- As long as it is good condition and runs well doesn't fucking matter

- And get something that will resell for almost the same price

Recommendations: cb300f, Ninja 250/300

Coming from someone who never touched a bike, you WILL outgrow it, the main reason is that you know there are faster bikes out there and eventually temptation will make you sell what you got for a big boy busa

In the circle of life you may come back to small cc commuter bikes, but you will be older, experienced and probably richer so you can get a nice one based on what you really want.

Also 500cc bikes are fine but they are heavier so go with the EZ 300's

>>Why buy used when You can get new for ~$5000?
Because new bikes depreciate, and there is a serious risk that you will drop it, further depreciating it. Might as well buy used, especially for a learner bike that is supposed to be eventually disposable.

>I'm poorfag
You'll stay poorfag if you seriously consider buying a new learner bike.

>You'll stay poorfag if you seriously consider buying a new learner bike.
I can also confirm,
in 2010 I got a new Ninja 250 for like $10,000aud after I got my licence.
I went to sell it a year later and they gave me $3000 for it (I'd dropped it a few times, tyres were worn etc.)
If I had bought a nice, second hand bike like a CB400, VTR250, DRZ400, DR650, Vstrom650., KLR650 etc. I'd probably still have had it for another few years and got some real value out of it.

infaact, further to this.
I have a really nice africa twin crf1000L i love. However I often fantasise about buying a cool SR400 or DRZ400sm or CB400. Unfortunately I can't justify two bikes.

>Decided to get used 300cc Motorcycle
Fucking why

Here's your (you) tripfaggot

If you're going to buy used, widen your horizons. Don't just look at displacement, there's a huge difference between a 600 sport bike and something like an sv650. $3000 can buy a lot of bike. Midsize (600-700ish) Japanese cruisers are a dime a dozen and tend to be docile as hell to ride.

I don't really subscribe to the idea that you need to start on a tiny bike, but I understand where that idea comes from. Friend of mine bought a gsxr-750 a couple years back and it's shocking how little of that bike's power you can safely use.

if you want it for commute for years get one of the following:
bmw g 310 gs
versys 300 (recommended)
CB500X (recommended)

300cc are great cheap commuters

this
>getting the single
OP get the big boy v-twin with less power
singles and para twins are for homos

whoever told you that is wrong, because the best learner bike is the gs500, and they're cheap as piss.

>PERFOMANCE
>150 BHP PER TONNE

I am laughing my ass off, this can't be real, just fucking say it's 28 hp, there is nothing wrong with that jesus christ

>150 BHP PER TONNE
its not untrue. bikes get stupid bhp/tonne and stupid numbers are great for selling a 250 since theres nothing glamorous about 28hp
instead you can say it has the power:weight of a delta integrale

OP dont you want a full sized bike that gets mistaken for a 600/1000 instead of a midsize 250?

I've got an 06 carb GT650. It's trash.

Electrics are garbage, parts are second-hand. They aren't even much cheaper new here. If they're STUPID cheap then... Sure. Performance per dollar is good from them, WHEN they work.

Parts are also harder to come across than the standard brands in North America. Might not be an issue wherever OP is, I think they're popular in upside-down-land and Asia.

Might be better to find a used R1150R. These can be had for 3k. Cops used to ride them (CA Highway patrol, for one). Owners baby them. They are easy to handle and have just enough power to keep you out of trouble while not necessarily having too much power to invite it. Oh, and the brakes are like the hand of God reaching down to stop you...

that's silly
i learned on a 500 and it was perfectly fine

>Buy and study a copy of Proficient Motorcycling.
You can add this to the reading / watching list: Keith Code- twist of the wrist. It should be on youtube.

i have a 2015 gt250r
its really nice when its not being weird but most of that weirdness has been due to sitting and infrequent riding and sorting out weirdness post accident repairs. the parts arent as easy to get as they could be and most places here dont even carry a 150 rear but its a nice bike and i dont get tired of hearing "is that a 600?"
sounds baller as fuck too

SV650
t. /dbt/
dont get a fucking ninja250 jesus christ you are falling for the memebike. you will outgrow a 250 in ~2 months, an sv650 is built to last forever and has more than enough power to handle the freeway

can unironically run it at 80% rpm 24/7 and the bike will not give a fuck

>i want babby bike to learn how to ride motormemecle

what kind do you want:
>me want harley dabidzun!!1
shadow 650/750

>le crotch rokkit
ninja500, cbr500

>a combination of the two
sv650

>me want dirt bike like when i was babbu
dr650, drz400, klr250

>NO PUSSI
turbobusa, gsxr1000, h2, zx14r, r1

>OP dont you want a full sized bike that gets mistaken for a 600/1000 instead of a midsize 250?
literally who cares?

midsize bikes feel cramped and toy like unless you're manlet status desu
also people are less likely to try and bully big bikes with their cars

I will admit that it's a poor-man's Ducati. Thumping V-twin in a sport bike package, even has upside down forks for maximum respect. Sounds good, and the power is better than Honda's sport touring bikes.

But those weird things you're talking about aren't weird with Hyo's.. They're the norm. Not sure about post-2014s but everything before than has shit electrical systems. Everything else is essentially an SV650s spare parts so the mechanical bits are "OK".

I've only seen maybe 4 other Hyo's around me, but I did note that the 250 is almost completely undescernible from my 650 which I guess is kinda cool. How's the weight?

desu i was riding infrequently and short distances so i dont blame the battery
it ate two clutch cables which is the only thing im a bit peeved about

>How's the weight?
heavy. steel frame 2stronk
feels nice and planted once its off indian concrete tyres though

Quit being a low test soyboy cuck. 1000cc supersport or kill yourself.

Bump

In both options he will kill himself

OP are you European or american?
if you are European 250cc-300 will be adequate.

just shut the fuck up you mental midget

not everyone wants their first motorcycle to last the rest of their life like your cuck chariot shitzuki

the point of starting small is that you learn quicker. smaller engine means you're shifting more. smaller bike means you feel more confident with handling and aren't afraid to test its limits. less power means you're flogging it and bouncing it off the redline going 60 mph.

Ninja 400 or R3.

>i choose to gimp myself for no reason
>too dumb to shift

>I'm a noob and ride a pigfat 2004 sv650 and think i'm better than the other noobs who ride slightly less powerful bikes

Usually it's the charging system, not the battery. Went through a magneto and two voltage reg/recs. Replaced it the second time with a NON-OEM one and haven't had issues since. I've noticed my clutch cable's stretched now as well.

ive heard of bad magnetos on the 650s with replacements sourced from other bikes

both cables broke right on the end which makes me think the soldering is substandard or theres a sharp spot on the lever. id give the second one a pass after not being used for 4 months and subjected to moisture (semi porous cover) but two at the same spot seems like an issue
i was contemplating a hydraulic system but im going the carcuck route instead

you can make stupid mistakes on a 250 and turn out fine. a stupid mistake with braking on a big bike means a higher speed encounter with a bumper. this is less of an issue in the US because every road is highway sized

There's not a lot of valid benchracing to be done with bikes, especially starter bikes, so it's better for you to just post your local market and ask Veeky Forums to exercise common sense for you

Or do it your fucking self

Guidelines:
>Avoid fully faired bikes, clipons, and carbs
>Kawasaki, honda, suzuki, or yamaha
>Displacement is a meme but consider not going too far over 50hp. Most four strokes are about the same weight so it's not going to be too fast unless you get an imported two stroke racebike.
>a lot of the things bikers rant about like usable midrange torque are absolute memes. i've ridden quite a few bikes and think those people just can't adjust their riding style, lol @ 600 riders who shift into 2nd before 50mph

>faired bikes, clipons
let him do it so he gets over this meme sooner than later