2013 Civic for 12.5k with 36000 miles on it (14k out the door)

2013 Civic for 12.5k with 36000 miles on it (14k out the door).

Put 6k down with 8k financing first time buyer and zero credit, payments at 250 a month with 8.1% interest.

How'd I do?

>spending more than 3k on a civic
>not buying a more fun car with your 6k
you did terrible.

oh

also, it's the fucking base model. kys.

i just want practicality though and its cheaper

ya dun goofed

he looks more disappointed rather than angry, might want to rename that file

but i suppose it still fits with your sentiment on my purchase

Fuck off, OP has a reliable car with a warranty. Now he can save up for whatever other shitbox or project he wants

im not an Veeky Forumstist though i just wanted a car that would last me 10+ years, i couldn't care less about what i drive as long as its easy to maintain, lasts forever and gets good gas mileage

this is coming from me driving a hand-me-down 2000 chrysler town and country for 5 years where i was the 5th primary driver on it

Caring about cheapness is why you buy the 3k civic. It would've cost you 1k per year to run worst case scenario compared to your car payment, higher tax and insurance, and the extra 3k you immediately spent.

Then you did good, ignore these jackasses, you hae a good car. Don't be a dumbass and skimp out on maintenance, check oil every other week and get oil changes done

Possibly so but I couldn't find anything like that for a decent mileage/price in my area. Gradually just drifted more to looking at the used lots on dealerships. Every camry or civic i looked at was either 150000k plus mileage and bound to cost loads down the line with no gaurentee of proper maintenance from the previous owner, or they wanted 6k+ for something under 100000 miles

in the end i'm paying for knowing im the only person who really is going to take care of this car without having to worry about major maintenance for at least 5 years hopefully

thanks, manual says to change oil/filter when it reaches "15%" and doesn't give me a solid mileage reading. is it safe to assume that it should be every 5k miles?

I would do before 5k, 4-4500. But I'm not sure with these new civic intervals. It's a new car to you so keep eye on oil levels, if it drops oddly fast take to dealer for oil consumption test. Should be all good though, is it manual?

its the LX model, so just a 1.8L 140HP and 5 speed automatic

the problem was you were afraid of mileage. Mileage doesn't matter when you're buying the car from the right person.

t. someone that fell for the mileage meme

Its hard to find a car from a private seller who has either service records or receipts. I'd prefer not to trust someone's word when they can't provide proof of solid/consistent basic maintenance

interest is bad. though it's first time buyer. really you should have financed a car about 6-10k considering this as you wouldn't have to take as big of a loan.
since you already did it though make most later payments slightly earlier than usual.

if you research whats usually wrong with the car and those generations then it should be easy to evaluate the the condition of the thing.

change ATF with oem fluid if it seems brown. Honda ATF needs to be changed a bit more often than other auto trans. also never flush their transmissions.

How often should I change the fluid roughly? Like every 60k miles?

My loan is only 36 months so even of I got interest down to 3.5% it would only save me 10-15 dollars or so on my monthly payment. Not to mention I plan on and have the income/other expenses to be able to pay this off just after 1 year so I lose my first time buyer status

Civics are typically rated at 7500 miles between oil changes.

Also ATF fluid, when you say do not flush means just drain it until nothing else comes out as there is still a few gallons or liters in there as well yeah? So you replace what you drain basically

So if it holds let's say 7 liters you can drain 2 just replace 2 and that should be able to count?

Why don't you flush? Are they that fragile?

You dun goofed. Got a 2015 LX with 22k miles CPO from the Honda dealer for 12.9k.

Holy SHIT you got fucked.

I paid $8k USD for my 8th gen accord 2010, with 50k miles on it. 6% financing but I paid it off in 2 months.

my 2001 was rated for 10k. 5k on the severe duty schedule