You have £110k to get any car and you pocket the change. What do you choose?

You have £110k to get any car and you pocket the change. What do you choose?

one '87 fiat uno

/thread

V8 f type jaguar or an M2.

>buy hotwheels toy car
>invest remainder
>make millions
>buy dream car

cpo f type svr
i'd spend the rest on a bright yellow wrap and whatever exhaust
i'm gonna be the most obnoxious faggot on the road

A really clean 190E 2.6 with a 5 speed

Mint condition 94-99 5.7L Cummins

Drive it until I die

I choose a wrecked Geo Metro hull my bro will sell me for fifty bucks, then I spend the change on motorcycle(s). Cars are for getting groceries.

I give the Metro back since we are building it as a hypermiler and he likes Metros.

S2 Lotus Exige S

R34 GTR and the rest of the money goes restoring and/or maintaining it in tip top condition

fpbp

>and whatever exhaust

it has the single most obnoxious factory exhaust every put on the road, you'll do fine with stock. the blue paint is gorgeous though shame on your for covering that up.

my local Jag dealer has a CPO F-Type SVR with 9000 miles on it for $103,000, its a hell of a deal with the $10,000 Carbon Ceramic brakes package but the previous owner went for the a horrendous red leather interior so its been sitting on their lot for months.

$500 Corolla.

Lancia Stratos kit car with the supercharged V6 from a Lotus Evora 400.

>all these cringy fags trying to be witty

yawn

The correct answer is Corvette

V6 Impala.

absolutely plebian taste

For that money? A Cayman GT4 or 911 Turbo S is the only correct answer.

needs more lights

This beauty

I'll summarize this thread

>hurrrrr I get a cheap beater and keep da monies
>I get a car that I won't be able to maintain
>I get a sensible, expected car with spare change to modify it or maintain it
>hurrrrr you're all faggots for being predictable
>hurrrrr no you're a faggot
>hurrrr you're all faggots, here is a summary of the thread

Only if you like being slow and not having a ruthless v8 at your disposal.
The cayman is a lol4cyl ffs

Camaro 69 and build it for drag.

>tube chassis
>big tire
>Morgan & Son racing engine
>Twin-Turbo's for Garrett
>FT600 ECU management
>Parachute

Last and most powerful car ever made in Australia.

That Nismo is about $60k more ...

240Z with an RB26 engine and RB25 trans swap.

>300+HP to the rear wheels in a car that weighs less than a civic
Wonder how quick that will be

Results say it's pretty fucking based

Well it'd be a turbo delete as well. Just a newer straight 6 with a compatible RWD trans.

Perfect E39 M5
ESS supercharger
spend the rest on a deposit for a house and some spending money (property prices are pretty low here due to the low population density)

I'm driving one as a rental right now. It's a massive piece of shit.

How?

I'm a simple guy

>obnoxious
You mean best

>tfw no f-type to POP POP POP on niggas

If I had to go brand new, I'd get an Alpine A110.

If I could get anything, probably a Datsun 240Z and use the remaining money to completely restomod it into a beast.

as much of a weeb i am, it would have to be this

>ND Mazda Miata
>rest in simple mawds
Only correct answer.

They're meant for completely different things. One is a time attack monster, the other is a nice, smooth ride

1957 teal Chevrolet Belair convertible in as mint condition as i can find

Swap 283 for a 454

Whatever trans i can find within budget thatll work

Spend the rest on whatever

Its my dream car desu senpai

Nice chickenwire there.

Still gets chopped by an xr6 turbo

1975-1977 Chrysler Cordoba and put a 440 in it with the Borla Crate series mufflers.
Simple, stupid, cheap, and obnoxious

This or Ferrari 458?

if only one car, i'll take an early 930 and pocket the rest for the repair bill over the next 30 years

What? Not even close bud. Unless you are talking a heavily modified xr6 in which case that's a dumb argument.

i know it's already loud as fuck
i want to take a step further

the true Veeky Forumstist
baby panzer is ultimate krautmobile

bootleg blackbirdo 997 tarbo

A debaged Audi B7 RS4, with all the rice bodykit out.

The E39 was truly one of the pinnacles of automotive history

...but, i want a Yellowbird

Budget half for the following, pocket the other half:
>W201 190E
>Evo bodykit and black respray
>392 crate Hemi on LPG
>6 speed manual (7 speed dogleg if budget allows)
>Rear end from a newer Mercedes
>Suspension and brakes to match

>392

Why not the Hellcat crate motor?

I'd get a c4 zr1 vette and use the rest to get a foreclosed home at auction dirt cheap and rent it out so me and my wife can have spare income to save and throw around

Because I don't think that'll fit in the budget. Besides, if I had 20 grand to splurge, might as well go for the aluminium 426 3rd gen crate Hemi for some extra cubes and less weight over the front axle, and then put a Vortech on that.

Best van

Used FiST and pocket the rest for more reasonable things than a $150k car

>cayman gt4
>4cyl
>not the carrera S engine
Do you want to know how I know you're an idiot?

pocket the change? buy a $500 shitbox and put a massive down payment on a house

>invest remainder
>100k
>make millions

youre a dumbass

>dump it into crypto
>come back two years later
>40x
Okay

Golf Mk7

AE92
make it RWD and 2JZ with pocket change

>implying anyone with any actual knowledge would invest in a high-stakes bid such as crypto

Enjoy being a low class poser as I invest in american steel and lumber.

still not a v8, loser

Tesla Model 3

I would get an S, but since I get to keep the change, I'll suffice with the 3 and get a bunch of cool stuff with the rest.

Also, does anyone else get a 90's vibe with the styling of the Model 3?

>Investing in steel and lumber
>Not investing in A1 grade Illegal-Repel™ concrete during Trump Presidency

Used Evora S, rest goes towards maintenance

Get a 3k Civic and pocket the rest of the money.

the frunk looks like a 90s Porsche with those runny egg eyes.

i'd buy a scrap/junk car for like 100$,then start a business with the other 100 grand

I would enjoy the Cayman, but would look like an utter beta faggot doing so.

I'd take an M4, nothing on the market looks manlier

I'm not a fan of matte black on cars usually but that looks fantastic

The M4 is nothing special as someone that has driven an M3 quite often. The power is nice, the steering isn't that great, BMW quality is annoyingly bad when it comes to little niggly things.

I'd just get a bike and pocket the rest, is that against the rules?

How solid does an M3/M4 feel on rough roads? Does it feel like it will fall apart? I live in Egypt where our

It's fine on rough roads, but if your roads have big potholes I would be concerned. 19" wheels don't deal with giant potholes very well.

Also, there's not much ground clearance. It's like ~4.7 inches or something like that. If your country's roads have steep curb aprons you're going to fuck up the front bumper at some point. If it's a nice gouge you're looking at ~2000 USD for a body shop to do a proper repair. If you're careful and you only grind the underside, the skid plates are maybe 30-40 USD to replace and aren't nearly as bad.

It doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart but the one I drove had issues with a front 12V plug not assembled correctly, AC condenser icing over (suddenly no AC/no air on hot days), and stuff like the M3 logo in the seats cracking for no good reason. None of this is a deal-breaker and it gets fixed under warranty, but it's stupid how this is a problem in a car that costs just shy of 80k.

Also, don't buy the carbon ceramics. Just clean the wheels more often and save yourself a lot of money. If you intend on tracking your car regularly you will save a ton of money if you just swap out fluid and pads before heading to the track. Rotors are rotors, just get J-hook or slotted rotors. Almost everyone I talk to replaces the carbon ceramic rotors with steel when they realize that the slightest chip on the rotors will cost them 16k USD to fix.

Another thing - You can easily retrofit the 6 piston CCB calibers to the stock steel brakes. At which point there's literally no difference between CCB with steel rotors and your upgraded brakes. However, doing it this way only costs ~2000 USD instead of the 8500 USD of the CCB upgrade.

Brand new MX-5 RF and buy a turbo to go along with it. Nice car, nice wad of cash.

if i had money for a new m3 in egypt i'd move honestly

a honda crx sir
i use the rest of the money for mods

BMW i8

Is it enough for a Type R NSX?
If not a NA1 will do

I met a guy on 'craigslist' that is selling his m4 with 35k miles that he imported from the US himself, because he claimed he needs a family car. For me the most important things is the condition of the interior (leather seats and steering wheel etc... ) And rattling issues. I'm going to convince him to let me test drive it for a bit so I can judge the suspension and dash clatter. Honestly I've noticed that the gap between front bumper and fender is uneven, I've asked him and he told me it's just that it hasn't been put back together well after a minor fender-bender and that it could be re-alined in no time.

Also at 35k miles, should I bother with getting the engine examined?
The tires to me look like they're still the factory ones as they haven't got too much tread left, which at 35k miles must mean they haven't been changed and the owner wasn't really driving it hard at all.
Or it could mean the complete opposite, the owner did track it and has gone through a full 2 sets of tires in 35k miles, which is quite worrying.

It's black in color and there are swirls just everywhere, I hope the owner wasn't as careless while driving it as he was while getting it washed.

Cleanest one I can find

If it was simple, they would've done it before the sale. Just keep that in mind.

I would get a body man to take a look at the frame. It is very likely non-trivial crash damage. I'd bet that if you take off the front bumper you're going to discover something nasty.

Tread carefully. You're going to want to buy it but it's probably not a great deal unless you take the market rate for what is quite a lot of mileage (over 10k/yr even for early models) and subtract the cost of fixing all the niggly bullshit, then some more for your troubles because fixing this stuff is never as easy as it sounds.

civic for 500

or maybe a 996 turbo

hello my melanin enriched friend

just look at that interior, look at it. perfect place to spend time, isolated away from the proles.

The M4 is an absolutely beautiful car. I'm a sucker for that Porsche Smile though; those cars look so god damn unique and just don't come up as often as your average BMW, despite similar price.

I have a friend who got a i8; probably the youngest i8 owner in America. I got to drive it once because I'm his closest car enthusiast friend and holy fuck was it fun.

B A R R A

S T R O N G