Touhou general - /2hug/ - #31

Waifuposting Edition
Previous Thread >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where should I start?
the games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there
some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/classic-era-th6th95.html
moriyashrine.org/retro-era-pc-98.html

>Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>West Replays
replays.gensokyo.org/index.php

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.weebly.com/introduction-to-touhou.html

>eraTohoK (plus other era engine games):
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou fangames (Unfinished)
pastebin.com/wGZuqr0q

DEMO LINKS:
Four seasons:
mega.nz/#!hIZTTapC!1A4MTSueiirqFTfLkMeSab3cd6B9b5s4uITU-DlUs2c

AoCF:
mega.nz/#!g4d0hRqS!cyFKIH3U_On3zUBNA6GtcIjNjrN3IK4StJBPalFafQM

Touhou is a waifu simulator, and we're bothering ourselves.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mh-6kUHjrr8
youtube.com/watch?v=GIw7MMK1X1E
youtube.com/watch?v=YtzcscU_9GQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RrEqkdZGuLk
youtube.com/watch?v=Fa3cgMLH6_o
youtube.com/watch?v=T40NnNyA6MA
youtube.com/watch?v=UCaexiaNWHA
youtube.com/watch?v=Eo41Xx8AaOA
youtube.com/watch?v=DfSbCg22OWw
youtube.com/watch?v=95utw3jH36g
youtube.com/watch?v=euADZxFYfXw
exhentai.org/g/1034731/4f802a4cc7/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I'm so sorry.jpg
You should be, motherfucker.

bullet hell games suck balls play real games

>Using the Marisa version
R U I N E D
Like what?

>not the Marisa sux version
LOSER

dota 2 league of legends pubg csgo

You waifufagging shithead. You ruined something wonderful just for attention.

You are easily the worst thing about this general.

But I made the Marisa sux version too.

you're a good man

where is everybody?

Well, considering this almost always happens when threads start, and the last thread was being carried by shitposts in a desperate attempt at ending the thread before we ran out of images...
I dunno.

Probably hanging over the toilet from all that Magaji posting.

oh

So when do we get that little bastion of intelligent conversation that makes the waifuposting and shitposting bearable?

Eyy

Not for quite some time judging by the posts so far.

Whenever you want to start, my man.

You struggled for so long.
But now you can be at peace.
Accept what lies ahead.

Accept death.

HE'S BACK MOTHERFUCKERS

shut up stupid sexy Junko

We burning down the thread?

Naw

Gotta crash the thread, with no survivors.

Tell me user, why does she wear the mask?

wich 2hu has the worst fanbase?

Literally all of them. I don't even know why I come here anymore, send help

No one cared who she was because she isnt relevant XDDD____
All of them

Your favorite.

My favourite is also your favourite

That remains to be proven.

Post her

死ぬ

俊科吮吸

Me on the left

That's...an interesting pair.

Seija makes anyone look good

What are they looking at?

Your post

Why would Aya want to take a picture of my post?
Why would Suika get aroused by my post?
I just dont understand

Aya takes shit pictures
Suika has a scat fetish
Your post is shit

It's only logical

So where will Touhou 16 fall on the chart, lads?

>LoLK
>Infinite retries

>Hardest in the series

?????

Not again

>Responding to bait with bait

>100

I don't understand how such a nobody can have such a dedicated fan.

youtube.com/watch?v=mh-6kUHjrr8

Innocent Key is like one tier below IOSYS, that's how painful they are to listen to.

Is there a worse 2hu than Marisa? I honestly can't even name a single one

Youmu

Is there a bait worse than post 184846932? I honestly can't even name a single one

this one

It's not bait if he's right

tell me about your favorite game, what makes it your favorite in the series?

Perfect Cherry Blossom.
All the shots feel good, two bombs per shot was a fantastic idea and gave shots like Marisa B more options, and border feels very intuitive in general (though it could use some fine tuning). The patterns aren't too over the top, but still manage to stick out in the mind, as well.
On the flipside, it's atmosphere is top notch, the ost is fantastic, the characters are all memorable and generally good, and it's overall just a really fantastic experience.

It is certainly on the easy side, though I wouldn't consider that a huge flaw, and characters like Youmu and Yuyuko wouldn't really start to shine until later games, but it's still a really good game regardless.

Oh, and I guess I'm a sucker for winter aesthetics, so that helps. I'm really hoping HSiFS goes full winter for the last part of the game, I'd really love another winter game aside from the two which we already have. Also worth noting that PCB and SA, our two winter themed games, are among the best games in the series.

>God tier cast that doesn't rely on meme design like american flags or hot topic clothing
>Seija
>God tier music
>God tier gimmick that's actually rewarding and fun
>Seija
>Fun shottypes that actually feel different from each other
>ReimuA
>Story is interesting, straightforward and doesn't rely on too many characters
>No Sanae
>Seija

SA is what got me into 2hu. Everything about it feels just right. The spellcards, the backgrounds, the plot, the atmosphere, and the difficulty are simply perfect. And its cast is among the best in the series.
Too bad half the shottypes suck.

PoFV, it was the first one that I played. Also, I like that you have a wide range of characters to use.

I'd expect such an answer from a known shitposter, but let me post my retort.
>Forgettable cast that's either defined by singular gimmicks (Wakasagihime, Sekibanki), or feels redundant next to older and more interesting characters (Benben and not-Benben)
>Gimmick is too rewarding, can easily bomb spam through things as a result.
>Shottypes are dreadfully imbalanced, every character basically has a good shot type and a shot type that you shouldn't use.
>Music relies far too much on a low quality midi guitar, rock isn't really ZUN's style.
>The Stage 3 boss uses red bullets over a red background while transforming into a large red object. It's even worse than UFO Stage 5 was in terms of bullet visibility.
>First game to mark the west's use of botnet autotranslators that hurt in-game performance.
It's still like the 5th best game in the series, but it's just so fun to make fun of stupid people, you know?

SA is fantastic, yeah. I'm surprised you think the difficulty is perfect, though.

PoFV is pretty great. Wish we had more people who netplayed it.

PoDD

Sympathetic as heck.
Cool music
Funny

PoDD is perhaps the most hipster answer possible without going into things that aren't technically Touhou games. It has one thing that sets it above other games, and having neat cutscenes isn't nearly enough to save it from being one of the worst designed games in the series.

>known shitposter
Says the mikofag that went full autismo breakdown last time

>Forgettable cast that's either defined by singular gimmicks or feels redundant next to older 2hus
So most 2hus?
Also what kind of gimmick does Waggysaggy have? or Kagerou? hmm?

>Gimmick is too rewarding, can easily bomb spam through things as a result.
You literally cannot do this unless you play on low difficulties, which I honestly expect you to

>Shottypes are dreadfully imbalanced, every character basically has a good shot type and a shot type that you shouldn't use.
Both Reimu shots are good to use
Both Marisa shots are also pretty solid
SakuyaB was literally made for scoring so she's good for that

>Music relies far too much on a low quality midi guitar, rock isn't really ZUN's style.
youtube.com/watch?v=GIw7MMK1X1E
youtube.com/watch?v=YtzcscU_9GQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RrEqkdZGuLk
youtube.com/watch?v=Fa3cgMLH6_o
youtube.com/watch?v=T40NnNyA6MA
youtube.com/watch?v=UCaexiaNWHA
youtube.com/watch?v=Eo41Xx8AaOA
youtube.com/watch?v=DfSbCg22OWw
youtube.com/watch?v=95utw3jH36g
youtube.com/watch?v=euADZxFYfXw

???

>The Stage 3 boss uses red bullets over a red background while transforming into a large red object.
Literally git gud
Also you should play MS, you'll have some fun in stage 4

>First game to mark the west's use of botnet autotranslators that hurt in-game performance.
Has nothing to do with the game itself
Might as well say IN was a shit game because people turned Moko into a meme

Seriously, it's almost like you are not even trying anymore

>Wish we had more people who netplayed it.
Not him but Im always down for some netplay of PoFV As long as you host

edgy

>Mikofag
What?

>Also what kind of gimmick does Waggysaggy
Fishgirl with no personality
>Kagerou
Werewolf with no personality

They both just exist to set up the plot, and suffer for it. DDC has probably the worst and least substantial early game dialogue in the entire series.

>You literally cannot do this unless you play on low difficulties, which I honestly expect you to
Actually it's even easier on high difficulties if you play as Marisa B, the second most broken Marisa shottype ever made.

>Also you should play MS
Yeah, I know, white on white, really bad. At least that could be chalked up to technical limitations, but ZUN has no excuse doing such things in UFO and DDC. And you can't just hide bad game design behind a banner of "b-but git gud"

>Both Reimu shots are good to use
>Both Marisa shots are also pretty solid
>SakuyaB was literally made for scoring so she's good for that
Reimu B is actually made completely redundant by Reimu A, which outclasses in in literally every way (yes, even in damage)
Marisa A is hilariously bad, dealing shit damage unless you're practically touching the opponent while also having shit range unlike any other shotgun based shot in the series.
Sakuya B is a lazily designed shot that ZUN threw in for scorefags, and even then is outshined by Marisa B in that regard on Lunatic and Extra.

Maybe later.

A very well constructed opinion, I agree with what you have said and I how the same for the new game!

The first time i fought Seija my mouth dropped when my controls inverted, it scared me but i managed to get through most of it

SA has to be one of my top 5, it was tough as nails and that okuu theme is so fucking good!

we need another PoFV like, i'd like to see a cast and game build like it again.

I have never played any PC-99 games sadly but it looks cute, the cast is nice.

Not edgy, just stating the truth.
The issue with PoDD, and the reason it's one of the worst games in the series, lies in how it's designed (or, rather, how ZUN put no thought into the design)
First issue is in how the main mechanic works. The entire point of the game is to build up combo by destroying enemies and spirits in order to bounce back bullets. In PoFV, the game is designed with this in mind. Bullets travel fairly slowly and tend to cluster, and you are given a method of freezing spirits, allowing for them to be destroyed more easily and adding an element of strategy. As well, the large screen relative to your character means that you have a lot of room to work with in terms of enemy placement, meaning that the player can typically see what sort of enemies or bullets are coming and can plan accordingly. PoDD, meanwhile, has randomly placed sparse fast bullets, which are generally difficult to reflect, and the lack of any reliable method of destroying spirits basically means that their destruction is up to chance, where you hope the spawn in an advantageous position. As well, the screen is incredibly small, making things in general very claustrophobic and overly busy. Strategy in PoDD basically comes down to "hope my opponent is stupid enough to use a level 2, reflect it via enemy destruction, hope you gain an advantage in the ensuing chaos"

Ok gonna read it!
>...
oh well

>What?
Don't pretend

>Fishgirl with no personality
>Werewolf with no personality
With that logic, almost every early boss is girl + no personality

>the worst and least substantial early game dialogue in the entire series.
Are you implying that something like Rumia, Cirno, Meiling is more """substantial"""!?

>Actually it's even easier on high difficulties if you play as Marisa B
This only works on Lunatic and if you also know where to bomb, it's only "broken" in the extra stage

>you can't just hide bad game design behind a banner of "b-but git gud"
So I guess you agree that LoLK was badly designed, right?

>Reimu B is actually made completely redundant by Reimu A, which outclasses in in literally every way (yes, even in damage)
Try doing damagin from the bottom of the screen and see which one deals more damage

>Marisa A is hilariously bad
Maybe you could try gitting gud and closer to the bosses

>Sakuya B is a lazily designed shot that ZUN threw in for scorefags
If you make fun of scoring, then nobody has a valid reason to take your opinion seriously

>>known shitposter
>Says the mikofag that went full autismo breakdown last time
Its not me, I didn't mean to cause a fight. I haven't been posting lately but I thought I'd start on topic conversation...sorry

>Werewolf with no personality
Not him, but fuck you. Even though she wants to go wild, she doesn't like to because she gets all hairy and she needs to clean it up later, and because she is scared of humans. Also, that is basically as much character development most of the characters get.

Also, i bet that she is a great Hanafuda player.

>Maybe later.

Well that's what happens when you make people go from waifus to video games
Vidya gameplay is serious business

>we need another PoFV like
I'm so interested in this. It's not like Phantasmagoria games were meant to make me hype, but that's how it turned out to be

so pls ZUN make it happen

;_;

I hope he does one in the future
b-but with the option to just hold z
my hands hurt from mashing z

>;_;
DON'T

;____;

>DON'T
Dont kill innoccent youkai
He dindu nuffin

The difference comes in the amount of dialogue, my dear spic.
DDC has a small amount of dialogue per encounter early on, and most of it is just plot stuff, or characterization for protags.
This does serve a purpose. ZUN is using this time to establish that there's a personality shift between the girls when using cursed items, and when they don't, and the minuscule dialogue early on is likely due to the amount of dialogue that ZUN had to write for this game. It still unfortunately results in an early game cast that just really feels like filler, and they feel as if they're more defined by their appearances and species than their personalities.
Compare to EoSD, where you get a very clear idea of what each character is like from dialogue.
Cirno is bull headed, arrogant, and idiotic, all of which is established by her dialogue in EoSD.
Meiling is dedicated, loyal, but still a youkai and prone to youkai like behavior, this is established by her actions and dialogue.

>So I guess you agree that LoLK was badly designed, right?
I think both games have their flaws, sure.

>Try doing damagin from the bottom of the screen and see which one deals more damage
Honestly about the same.

>Maybe you could try gitting gud and closer to the bosses
You literally just contradicted your above argument.

>If you make fun of scoring, then nobody has a valid reason to take your opinion seriously
But I'm not, it's literally just a generic shottype that gives you more score because

>He dindu nuffin
So?

Don't worry about a shitposter trying to start shit with you, my man.
Miko is a good girl.

Sorry.

You don't really have to mash, though. Just press z rhythmically, like one z press a second, and it'll work fine. You don't actually need to mash it, it doesn't make you fire any faster doing so.
Now PoDD, that required mashing like a motherfucker, that was actually painful to play.

Guess I was doing it wrong then, I always through you had to mash z to get the bullets out
it was sort of distracting

Nah, most people make the same assumption.
One z press makes a short stream come out, and pressing z while the stream is active causes it to continue, so it's pretty easy to keep going without mashing.
Compare that to PoDD, which is one shot per press, and that's a nightmare to play. SoEW actually has a similar issue, in that you actually fire more shots if you mash than you do by holding down z.

>difference comes in the amount of dialogue
>Thinking that a big dialog == more complex story
What a dumbass

>early game cast that just really feels like filler
Wow that's almost like every single 2hu game user, you sure are smart (not)

>they're more defined by their appearances
That's every single 2hu for you
I wonder what you think of the LoLK's cast

Also if you think someone like fucking China has more personality than anyone, then we might have a problem my dear SDMcocksucking secondary friend

>Honestly about the same damage
See? You were WRONG once again

>You literally just contradicted your above argument.
? Where?
MarisaA deals some great damage if you get close and personal but she's also pretty decent from a distance

>But I'm not, it's literally just a generic shottype that gives you more score because
That's not why SakuyaB gets used in scoring, please learn how the game actually works before attempting any kind of serious discussion with someone who actually plays the game

>Le shitposter
>I'm a good person even though I just started this whole shit flinging over people liking a good game

You are the ayaposter? Why is she your waifu?

Aya is not my waifu
she's still a great 2hu tho

Also don't post non-aerodynamic birb

More dialogue = more opportunity to provide characterization.

DDC's early cast feels more like they just exist to set up the plot, while other early small fries feel more like they exist to provide world building via populating it with a variety of personalities.

I don't see you proving me wrong

Marisa A's damage is probably the worst in the game from a distance. I have used her extensively, I can confirm that.

No, Sakuya B literally just gives you more green items, which are good for scoring, just for using her as a shot. That's why she's the "score" shot, it's not because of any real advantage she has, like solo Youmu in IN.

See, this is why I enjoy arguing with dumb people. It makes me feel smarter. Thanks, Seijafag.

He's not.

>Reddit spacing
>Neglects valid counter-arguments
>Calling himself smart

Sounds like you ran out of arguments.

Well, you kinda do run out of arguments when the person you're arguing with starts ignoring them while providing no meaningful information to his ad nauseam shitposts

fukken saved, however we are on a blue board
at least spoiler that shit

>didnt save it
;_;

exhentai.org/g/1034731/4f802a4cc7/

>ahegao
>defloration
>emotionless
>sexmind
>control
>piss drinking
>rape