What does Veeky Forums think of the RSX?

What does Veeky Forums think of the RSX?
I'm looking at getting one, specifically a Type-S for that extra 40hp, 6mt, and an LSD, but I don't know anything about the K20

bump for interest

One of the best engines from Honda, nice chassis and a lsd, its all you want really

Overpriced by ricer and Hondur fags. Chassis gets an okay in my book

But great engine though.

slow and boring. Had 3 of these.

One of the best engines honda ever made. RSX is a nice platform, the type S transmission is sought after for swaps.

RSXs are cheap enough nowadays they're a great DD/toy.

any idea how a 6"4 goon would fit in these?

Why did you have 3 of them if they were bad?

they have been going up in price around me. meanwhile Integra has dropped into 3k range for a majority.

but a k20 in a civic instead it'll be faster

This is an interesting and important question

If you fucking hated them, then why in the bloody Sam hill did you buy 3 of them!?!

It's like an obese man eating cake and saying he hates cake while he's scarfing one down kek

He didn't say hate but slow and boring.

Sometimes it takes a while to realize you dun goof'ed but 3 cars in

Just get an integra

On the topic of fwd coupes, how does this compare to cobalt SS?

8th gen civic si is much better than rsx in every aspect imo

Very favourably, has reliability, build quality, and 2000rpm more to start

but the SS is still faster

depends. spec wise the SS is stronger but the rsx handles better. they are close enough to say that you could pick either and not be regretful about it unless you really don't like them. though if that's the case idk why you would buy after test drive.
both are cheap to maintain, perform better than most people expect, and can be relatively easy to find some in a workable condition.

>god engine
>hella rigid
>good looking
>cheap parts
The only downside is the hella crampt engine bay

>crampt
that's pretty much the issue with all 7th gen civic engine bays and cars with same frame.
body panels are at least simple to take off. still some things are really awkward to get to.

Basically what the other guy said, it depends on what kind of car you actually want, do you want a high rpm screamer or a torquey compact

I own an '03 base model I'm trying to get rid of.

They're super reliable cars. it's got a body that looks ahead of it's time for 2003, and even the base model feels quick. They're super rigid because 'muh sport suspension' and they can get uncomfortable for extended drives.

replacing a serpentine belt is a fucking nightmare. or really any engine work that requires accessing the sides of the engine. don't fucking bother replacing your own headlights unless you feel like unbolting tones of shit just to get the the left high-beam.

They're pretty expensive, even for a 158,000 mile model like mine. I'm almost certain I can get $4000 easily for mine in my area.

I have a RSX with the k20A from a DC5 Integra Type R. My opinion of them is they are great cars. I like the aesthetics of the car. Handling is great. The engine loves to rev. The engine bay is very cramped like others have said. They are very reliable but this is not an engine you can let your oil level or pressure drop on. Due to the crankshaft design you will spin a rod bearing if your oil is low at all or if pressure dips too low. Spun rod bearings are very common on these engines. Like any car check your oil level regularly and an oil pressure guage never hurts.

Yes you can swap a k20a2 k20z1 or k20a ITR into a civic hatch or crx and it will be quicker but the RSX has a good chassis and of course this is opinion but aesthetics. You also don't see many on the road.

I thought of getting this car as well but someone I talked to who knows a lot about Honda's said that it's prone to burning oil (which you will need to watch), and that the transmissions are the weak point in the car, even on stock power.

It better be alot faster because it has literally nothing else going for it.
Looks like shit, its cheaply built, unreliable.

huh, like I said, 158,000 miles and I've never had an oil burning issue. it's absolutely true they need to be at full capacity or premature wear happens, but I haven't ever had an oil burning issue.