Pick your road trip car for 6 months

Scenario: you sold your home or didnt extend the lease on your rental

You quit your job and got friends in the continental US you want to visit, from Florida to Alaska.

The hiatus lasts roughly 6 months, after that you will go back to your old life/job.

Pick your road vehicle.

I basically already did this in a salvage title 99 Lumina.

I choose this

bite me

volvo 245, ez

fight me

Probably an Audi S6 wagon. AWD, still fun, tons of space.

Maybe a Panamera even. No idea what our budget is.

Do you plan to pick up stray kids as you roll on?

get crushed biatch

Only enough to top the tank off now and then.

That certainly sounds like a grand tour. For me, it's the Lexus LC500

A Roadmaster woodie wagon with the LT1. Max comfy, max landbargin' and good unf for cruisin'.

Hahahh
Be prepared to get raped from paying for fuel

I'm driving from WA to RI then to GA right now, currently in MO.

Because I'll still need a pick-up

What's that top lid for?

Cabin height and the bed is over the cab

Probably something like this so I can drive into cities too.

Looks hella claustrophobic.. can't even sit up.

Used to do this every year thanks to high paying seasonal work. Always got by in a 96 Subaru Legacy Wagon.

Of all routes you could go, you decide to pick the flattest, most boring route?

I live in my Malibu for a year and traveled the country. Thinking about doing it again.

Volvo XC70. Can go down any road you would reasonably have to go down. Get the 5 pot diesel and it will run pretty cheaply without being gutless. Easily big enough to sleep in, not flashy to draw attention to itself yet i dont look like a nigger. And the seats are godlike

>not picking a grand tourer for grand touring
Seriously?

good choice m8. Underrated sedan. I got one of these as my work vehicle and it was pretty great. I had massive tool boxes in the car filling up the trunk, backseats, and passenger seat and I still felt fucking comfy. I just wish they still did the wagon style.

FUCK YOU because i can

I would stick my legs in the trunk and stretch out when I slept. Had tinted windows and brown interior, if i covered up with a dark blanket no one would ever know I was in there. If I did live in it again I would take the passenger seat out and build a platform to sleep on.

>I just wish they still did the wagon style.
If Chevy built a malibu/impala wagon I would happily go into soul crushing debt to buy it.

Assuming money was no issue it'd 100% be a 1971 cadillac eldorado

this is the best response desu

Continental GT.

Provided you never had to park one... this

this way i can have company & make sure they're comfy

The one I am roadtripping from Florida to Missouri right now.

Questions for OP:
Can we assume that the vehicle selected is in A+ condition, as it left the factory?

What is the route for said road trip and do we get to choose the months? You said "continental US" and then mentioned Alaska; which is not part of the Continental US.

I'm assuming we're paying for gas, but have the funds. In any case, assumimg the car is mint in this scenario and we can choose the timeframe, I'd choose between these two:

My 1976 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow LWB

Or my 1968 Cadillac DeVille convertible.

It would be a tough choice; really, and I have plans to spend a month traveling all of Route 66 as a honeymoon someday.

A buddy of mine has a Malibu Maxx that he drove from Orlando to Alaska and back. It's not a full on wagon (and it's butt ugly) but he's 6'4 and had plenty of room to stretch out with back seats and the front passenger seat all down.

This, ergonomics of a goldwing are superior to any car.

I have the bike irl, so why not.

or an sl550

that dope af brah

Friend has this exact car and he's had nothing but issues with it despite the fact it only has 60k miles

>can have company
>coupe
>drawing this much attention to yourself as you drive across the country

Was this photo taken in Lehigh Acres?

Good luck off road

Drove a 2001 Lumina around the country and back. She ran pretty fucking good.

Me and my buddy did a lot of trips in one of these. Fucking road pillow. Probably some of the most comfortable trips I've been on.

Text book fleet car, boring as fuck but will go forever as long as you change the oil on time.

:)

oooh fuck that looks comfy

shit nigga

it would suck having to maneuver and park that giant fucker everywhere, and it would limit where you can go

Delicas are dope

I always love this video because one of my favorite things during tourist season is to watch guys with fuck-huge trucks struggle to park their 5th wheels.

They don't call it the king of the highway for no reason.

No one calls it that unless they're a gayfag.

I've seen these a lot where I used to work. They look so comfy.

They don't call it the king of the highway at all.

You looking for a tussle, son?

You wouldn't hit a retarded baby, now would you?

Yes I would.

What if this retarded baby is friends with...the President?

Yes.

#Jebismyonlyprez

toyota 4runner. comfy enough on road and capable enough offroad to go down high clearance roads in national parks.

Diesel S Class, it can go like 900 miles on a single tank while you're sitting in extreme comfort
It can handle autobahn speeds like it's nothing and stuff like radar guided cruise control and lane keep assist make long trips less tiring

Stay at neat places on AirBnB, don't need to fuck around with RVs

You talk the talk...

But can you walk the guac?

Until it rains

>worrying about going down a gravel road

Please clap.

Reliability, comfort and power in one perfect vehicle.

If gravel scares you there's a button you can press that jacks up the suspension by a couple inches

>highly strung twin charged 2L 4 banger
>reliable

Depends on how much power you need. And volvos have always been indestructible

>he thinks he needs a full sized truck to go down a gravel road

all you others are faggots

This. No need for a hotel. Pic related.

it's not the ground clearance dumbasses. it's the rock chips and shit

You are an absolute mess.

You're right, rock chips from going down a gravel road at 20mph will make the entire car blow up!

And that'll do exactly what?

that looked like a volvo gaugue cluster

it will make you cry for ruining the car

Not if you drive like a normal human being on gravel roads at a reasonable speed

>What is a rain suit

>oh no it's raining, let me just pull over and change my suit

more like 40+. and we can tell you've never owned something nice.

I can tell you've never driven down a gravel road

So why not slow down? You're not driving across the entire country on gravel roads

Stop being stupid

Neither have you

Look, if you're riding a bike for the long haul it's a compromise you're willing to make. Also you can get gortex riding gear which means you don't have to change.

Or you can just sit in a car, 'cause you're not exactly gonna be "one with the road" on a decked out Goldwing

Still worth it, I can do an additional 3-5 hours on a goldwing without fatigue compared to any car I've driven. To each their own.

You need to sit in nicer cars. a Goldwing can't massage my ass

why do you want to lie like that?

Look, I've got problems with my tailbone, and the general position of a car is worse for me, no matter how comfy. Even those Lincoln 10 gorillion way adjustable seats don't help me.

The only real answer.

>imaginary situation
>imagine your dream road trip vehicle
>imagination-lacking overweight neckbearded virgin man-children arrive
>"no you can't imagine this car because in reality this one thing happened once and this other thing *could* happen but hasn't, therefore your imagination is wrong!"

get a fucking grip

Doesn't sound like you've driven on 70 through CO. Also, this is my fourth time driving across by myself, the main thing I wanted to avoid was I80 in the winter.

I'd imagine these have 8-12mpg. Your roadtrip will be like frantically looking for gas stations every two hours. Bad choice.

They get about 1,000-1,200 miles on a tank, actually. They're turbo diesels with MASSIVE fuel tanks.