/dfg/ - Dwarf Fortress General

Delved Too Deep Edition

Previous Thread: >Download the basic game here. Current version is Dwarf Fortress 0.43.05
bay12games.com/dwarves/

>Official forums:
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php

>Find a bug? Don't tell us! Tell Toady! Complaining in the thread will accomplish nothing.
bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt

>Have a question? Check the wiki first:
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Main_Page

>Fireden archived threads:
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/Dwarf Fortress/

>Dwarf Therapist (Standalone is out of date, use Starter Pack for 43.05):
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.0
github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/releases/

>DFHack:
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139553.0
github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases

>Starter Pack:
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.0
dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7622

>More DF stuff:
pastebin.com/AnsHjQ40
Modanon's Mods: dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=3558

>Dwarf Fortress General IRC chat:
en.irc2go.com/webchat/?net=freenode&room=dwarffortress
(to connect yourself: webchat.freenode.net #dwarffortress)

>A bunch of guides to various parts of fort-based living:
imgur.com/a/nGyRF#0

>Video tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBrdUj1adIBD-vgUodaaxebcdqQ4oEWtg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD1A3FE72C0DCAC66 (Dated, but good)

>Text tutorials:
dwarffortresswiki.org/DF2014:Tutorials
members.iinet.net.au/~morty/Getting_Started_with_Dwarf_Fortress.pdf

>This pasta:
pastebin.com/iAduXzjn

Strike the earth!

big
dorf
benis

He-Man is going to win.

big identity crisis

First for cute gobbos

Yes more please

no

ok

You guys had your chance, now its time for the goblins

Finale when?

>this thread

wat

how about some elv?

Post some humans you fucking race traitors.

But I am a kobold

post ur feet :3

Gobbos are not for stabbing
They are for loving

>tfw too dumb to figure out how to mod it so I can play as cute dumb kobolds instead of stoic hard-working dwarves

spbp

I see we've degraded to posting cute girls like the rest of the generals.

Well, it makes sense, all this waiting for the update can't be good, I'll do my part.

They were cut off by a thrown copper bolt, then zombified and turned into mush.

What are the chances of getting the economy back again so we finally can get some challenges?

stop it

Wasn't toady talking about it in his last post

yall mothafuckers need to stop drinking fluoridated estrogen filled water out of plastic bottles

>the kea snatches at the potter
>snatches at
Wait what? I've never seen this before?

They're turnin the fricken dorfs gay!

New attack for birds.

I want to dorf but I can't dorf

be an elv then
they're superior to dorfs in every way, shape and form

i'm gonna stab that gobbo's

(Previous: )

but I want fort

Make an elf fort

you're going to need to sauce me negro

I have no idea from where it comes ftom, sorry.

heck

>saying the h-word
Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

You don't want to know the things I do to my mother with this mouth user.

bump(male)

owo what's this

Get your trap bumps outta here.
Pure Female bumps only

I need to rebuild the (down)stairs that are on the surface, they are leading into my fortress. I want to build ramps so caravan could pass. On the lvl below there are 3x3 up stairs. I deconstructed down stairs and now it says no acces.

deconstruct a single set of down stairs, (or rather rebuild a single down-stair/up-stair combination)

and then build ramps on the other spaces before deconstructing the down-stair up stair

>my problem
I don't know how to build my fort so it won't be a pain in the ass to retrofit minecarts

Well yeah...

man, this is extremely hard to understand. can you say what is the problem?

>man, this is extremely hard to understand. can you say what is the problem?

basically I don't know how to do anything minecart related.

what is my problem. i'm not a native speaker but i rarely have problems in understanding. wtf is "down-stair up stair"? where i should build ramps? i don't understand you

In order to move between 2 z levels using stairs dwarves need a downstair on the higher and an upstair on the lower. You removed all the downstairs on one of the z levels you're trying to access, so now dwarves can't move between them. When user said "down stair up stair" he meant the combination of a downstair on one z and the upstair on the z below it. He's saying you should leave at least one such combination while you build your replacement ramps in order to prevent dwarves being unable to move between the z levels. He's correct.

thx

bump(male)

You have been tasked by your king to retrieve a masterwork barrel stole by local ruffian.

He is hiding either in the Dark venom Snake pit or the Giant Spider Cave

Which one do you investigate?

Depends. What's in the barrel?

The snake pits are much safer because snakes are weak as shit. Spiders can actually fuck your shit up.

>What's in the barrel?
>Do it, become wrath!

The former mayor

>There are actual Giant Anacondas in DF
>Still thinks snakes are weak

Giant Spider Cave sounds fun.
Just get some buddies and raid the shit out of it.

A giant spider.

The anaconda could be the size of a fucking elephant and it still wouldn't compare in destructive power to the bullshit that is spiderweb. You get in that shit, you're dead.

how does /dfg/ keep track of what different levers do?

I'm building some complicated waterworks and I need a good way to make sure I pull the levers in the right order.

N to place a note, then n to name it.

I just name them like

Lever, lower level bridge or Big Lever of fun and carnage, Goblinwasher 9000

I've had dwarven, human, elven, and even goblin visitors - but not a single grizzly bear person. Is there some sort of trick to this or what?

Animal people tend to just be very rare.

But user, you would never know if one was even visiting you. One may already be in your fort.

I breached second cavern and the stairs ends in the open space, in the air, i builded some 3x3 u/d stairs but the last one on the ground don't want to be completed. 'the dwarves were unable to complete the u/d stair.'

oh, nevermind. i forbidded all the stone for moody dorf

Older worlds = more animal people leaving the wilds to joing civilization

Are you embarked in an untamed wilderness? That's usually where I find myself fighting off humanoid creatures like that.

Also unrelated: What did they mean by this? I'm being sieged by undead from a tower but I have no idea what caused this. And if I'm not mistaken that was some Weresalamder corpse too.

Stop playing with mods.

He's not asking about fighting random spawn animal men. He's asking about animal man visitors to locations.
As for your unrelated question, you would probably want to ask on the subforum/release thread for the mod you're playing with.

Oh, my mistake. Yeah it's Masterwork and it turns out the necromancer had raised the weresalamander and it turned back into a human.

Well, i builded ramps but dorfs can't use them. Seems they should be downwards, but i can't build such.

What am I supposed to do about this kid who is straight up in the membrane?

is this the girl who was annoyed when he co-workers were talking about "nuts n bolts" when the was doing a carving?

i laugh every time i think about this

wow, i need to build up ramps lvl below. lol. i hope this'll work

I keep creating new worlds because I'm never satisfied with how one looks.

You're never going to look at the map again after you embark, user.
I will share your pain when this update hits, having a worldmap on the [c] screen was a mistake

This motherfucker right here.

>Lights flicker
Oh, shit! I haven't saved in ages!

kek

Electricity cut?

Actually this is the carpenter. the annoyed one was the mason. they look similar as they are both old ladies (86 and 88). I am not quite skilled enough of an artist yet to really keep the small facial details consistent but at least they have different hair; carpenter/medic has a ponytail and the mason has 2 braids.

Old ladies? Dwarves live to be 170, they are middle aged.

Decided to fully record this season so I don't miss anything in the drawings. we are about half way done with autumn ()
and I just played through Winter in game.

True.. Well in my head canon they start getting wrinkly around 60 or 70+ like humans, but just dont die as young, and simply continue aging and become white haired raisins.

meant for if I was to start over I would probably want 80 to appear middle aged but its too late now..

Concubines when

when you mod them in

Soon I hope. I want to turn captured female elves into slaves and maids and slavemaids.

>skindentation
user please stopped I already fapped three times today.

I can't wait for some sort of prisoner/slave-arc, where I can put all these goblins to work on the chain gang digging out and clearing levels. Or setting up a location for public executions, maybe even courts where they're tried and sentenced by a judge. Or shipments of prisoners could come in and I could start a prison-fort!

there are no bone greaves in the uniforms?