Lincoln Continental

This kills the Eurobarge

Reminder to report and ignore shill/shitposting threads.

still a ford loser lol

>posts a car i don't like
>hurrrrrrrr
drown in your own saliva, retard

hmmmmmmmmm..

>tfw her bf is probably a guy named Gökhan

I bet that "chrome" trim is just shiny plastic. Shit looks gaudy.

kek

I sat and poked around in all of Lincoln's new contenders at the LA Auto Show last month. They have a rather distinctly cheap and chintzy build quality to them in person. The way some of the buttons and switches click and detent are reminiscent of kitchen appliances you buy at Target or Walmart. Back seat is huge and comfy though.

The Navigator is even more disappointing in person. Never thought I'd say I'd prefer the outdated Escalade over this.

All the Lincoln cars are Ford's with a new badge. I think the new Navigator suffered trying to become a minivan rather than accepting it's truck like routes, which gives everything a more sturdy feel. Also Ford fell down the ecoshit hole. If you think the Navigator sucks now, just wait till you hear the engine.

The biggest surprise disappointment that it shared with the new Expedition is the middle row/back seat. For a car meant for families and roadtrips, it wasn't as comfortable as it should be for its price range ($60k for Exp and up to $90 for a Navi!!!). Only positive to the Ecoshit in these cars is that at least the resale value drops like a cliff after 3 years for used car buyers until it eventually does the Ford-allahu snackbar in the engine bay.

As I got older I became just as critical of backseat and passenger comfort as the driver's seat, because on long road trips I'll eventually be sitting elsewhere on a driver shift change.

Does anyone except Enterprise Rent-a-Car actually buy Lincolns? Tacky junk. I'd rather have a fully loaded Ford

What is it with people acting like Lincolns being largely just rebadged, upmarket Fords is some amazing new discovery?

>lincoln thinks Veeky Forums is a good place to market their cars

try aarpchan

THIS
they've been this way since the late 70s for fuck's sake

I'm old enough to remember Lincolns from the 70s and 80s, at least back then you could somewhat justify what you paid for it and luxury was pretty well defined. Today you've got automakers trying to be swiss army knives.

Cadillac is at least trying to make an effort to go head on with Eurobarges, Lincoln and FoMoCo in general is still stuck in bean-counter production shortcomings even with their premium products.

They've been holding the fucking new mustang platform hostage and it's pissing me off
The only shot FoMoCo had at making a decent 4 door READ car went out the window the day the new CEO was hired, this six sigma faggot has no business running a car company and will be Ford's Ghosn

That begs an interesting question.

Was Alan Mulally good for FoMoCo or detrimental in the long run? Considering vehicle development takes place over significant chunks and stages over the course of years, I'm curious about Veeky Forums's objective critique of him.

that chick is fucking hideous

Tbh im an eurofag and have a huge boner for BMW/Audi/Merc and in my opinion our cars have been declining in design. I mean look at the modern Mercs rear, and compare it to a fucking Renault, I bet you won't be able to tell a difference. BMW went to absolute shit starting with the f30, it's been 5 years since release and I still can't get used to it. All of my hope was with Audi, but the 2018 A8 looks like a fucking hyundai.
The 2015 escalade, however, looks really good in my opinion, so does the C7, and this continental.

Whoa, one platform that was perfection to begin with.

>t. kissless virgin

>t. assblasted roastie

He was good and made Ford look like their shit smelled of roses especially by dodging the bailout bullet by securing loans years earlier, must have seen the writing on the wall
Also One Ford made Ford a stronger company overall by consolidating everything and only offering the best, but I think discontinuing the Fiesta for NA is premature as fuck and I really don't like this new guy Ford has running the show

She's not going to get 500k+ followers for her slutty jaw dropping looks however she's far from hideous you underaged faggot.

New Ford is literally killing me inside.

They have all these great products that are great to read about and are overwhelmingly disappointing in reality. I have a nostalgic and honestly irrational love for Detroit, I just wish their execution and attention to detail was on par with their enthusiasm and American pride.

Case in point the new Raptor and the whole Ecoboost nonsense in general, and of course the Lincolns in this thread.

Ecoboost actually makes sense because everyone is doing it, so it was a response to the market
The Ecoboost Cyclone motors have been proven to last over 250k+ miles in fleet duty, and are really just an exhaust and tune away from 450hp
I think it has its advantages and disadvantages, mainly the extra parts but I've always been a fan of turbo cars and have owned a couple so I'm a bit biased in my perspective
I currently drive a 2010 Fusion and I love it, I've heard of some small nagging issues in the CD4 Fusions, but nothing major, for some reason though Ford can't design a dual clutch transmission for shit because look what happened with the Focus
But I still think they're better than GM and FCA, love the fact they still have that special relationship with Mazda

(s)he looks like a 13 year old boy with long hair

>Everyone's doing it

Not Cadillac, their main competitor (and the one that's been beating their ass since 2001) the ecoshit makes the same mpg as a 6.2 liter V8 and sounds like shit.

>Ecoboost actually makes sense
It makes sense considering the global market and also the global market/politics dictating emission regulations and standards for all the big automakers. I'm still somewhat in disbelief at times that even an NA staple like Honda went the turbo route for all their bread and butter sellers. They're good motors and have great performance... problem is they don't FEEL great.

Bless GM for keeping pushrod V8s alive and relevant. It does so many things so fucking well.

Dude, that photo was like a tiny near headshot only photo of a mildly cute Caucasian girl. You're trying extra hard here, she ain't hideous by any stretch of imagination if you actually compare her to real hideous women outside of your parents basement.

What are you talking about? You can still get V8s in trucks and and the Mustang
Cadillac EXTENSIVELY uses the 2.0T in EVERYTHING Cadillac except for the Escalade, even the CT6s base engine is the 2.0T

>selling people a smaller engine for more money

You are an idiot. Every other car brand does this without the obnoxious branding.

>ford fusion

lmao. slow junk.

I like the continental though

>Junk
Ok kid, what do you drive?

Pushrods are garbage ancient tech though. Like carbs, they need to go.

>Pushrods are garbage ancient tech though
So why are they still sold in hundreds of thousands of new vehicles a year and consistently get better MPG than their OHC counterparts in trucks and SUVs? The OHV engine has proven to be an excellent alternative to increasingly complex motor arrangements over the years.

>t. assblasted Ford ecoboost shill

everything in the continental that looks metal is metal