/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Jul 11] System update 11.5 has been released. It does not bring any relevant change.

>Wii U
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684
[Jul 18] System version 5.5.2 has been released. It patches the browser entrypoint.

>Switch
[Jul 19] The BBB team released the first few ExeFS and RomFS dumps. gbatemp.net/threads/477954
[Jul 9] The kernel has been dumped. This does not mean an exploit has been found. twitter.com/derrekr6/status/884106715888848899
-The TrustZone code has also been dumped. twitter.com/derrekr6/status/889556685353881600
[Jul 6] RomFS dumping is now possible.
-A Pyton script has been released. twitter.com/SciresM/status/887199230103826432

>DSi
[Aug 2] ugopwn leaked. [Jul 22] CFW and SD redirection announced. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/888977743777583104/
[Jul 15] RocketLauncher will support most retail game cards. youtube.com/watch?v=muuRpyYgGyI

>Vita
[Jul 29] Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60, if you haven't activated it Adrenaline will NOT work. [Gist] E80558325.md
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/
[Jul 2] SD2Vita adapters can now be preordered. wololo.net/2017/07/04/pre-order-sd2vita-game-cart-microsd-adapter-right-now-via-reddit/

>PS4
[Jul 11] PS4 MTX KEY, a modchip that allows game sharing, has been announced. wololo.net/2017/07/11/ps4-mtx-key-announced-preorder-ps4-modchip-gamesharing/

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-the-great-ace-attorney-episode-1-english-patch.479545/page-8
wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-the-great-ace-attorney-episode-1-english-patch.479545/page-11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder what DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for.

SciresM has joined the battle.
gbatemp.net/threads/release-the-great-ace-attorney-episode-1-english-patch.479545/page-8
This became a shitshow. RIP future translation. Shit hitter the fan 2 pages ago

SWITCH HAX WHEN

PS4 HAX WHEN

SHITA 3.65+ HX WHEN

if you say 5 hours your mother will die in her sleep tonight

5 hours

holy shit user, you're one stone-cold fucker

Don't play that series but the dev seems to be an autistic faggot. Why are there no better translators?

>tfw fell for the Enso meme
>tfw wake up to find my vita bricked & my cat dead

>cat dead
That must have been the mustard gas released by the Vita when it got bricked. Poor kitty.

Nice try shitposting fool.

so I decided to hack my 3ds today but my system is 11.5.0-38u, I'm fucked aren't I?

>calling anyone a fool
>can't even count to 10
lol
I didn't know subsaharan africa could get online, let alone on Veeky Forums

Either get another 3DS or if you have time left, hardmod it.

you sould have decided that months ago

The nigger is even denying DLC access because of "muh pirates" and because he thinks barely anyone can get them legitimately. Hope the whole thing falls down.

>can't count to 10
What makes you so damn sure of that, faggot?

The fact that you thought those comments were written by the same person, cunt.

>wants to encourage the franchise/devs make money
>locks dlc
Seems about right yeah.

why you mad tho??

Why are these special kind of retarded moralfaggots the only people in the "hacking" scene nowadays?

Germans tend to be very timid and huge moralfaggots ever since communism.

Hang in there. Waiting usually pays off. People were tellung us to give up when 11.0 came out and yet here we are.

OP's PS4 news is now obsolete since the latest firmware breaks the chip and bans you for good measure.

user I upload game assets all the time.

Hell, I uploaded BotW's day one patch before Nintendo put it on the servers so people could play early when the disc leaked.

The AP the guy added isn't even very good....if he really wanted to "detect piracy" he'd open up the ticket database, and check for a well-signed ticket for the console's ID to verify eShop copies, since without patching out the checks there's literally no way to fake a real signature. But I suppose that would be high effort for what seems to me just an excuse to claim to be better than the "pirates" in the scene.

>implying the number of Germans in 3ds and DSi hacking is as high as 90%

I picked up a new 3ds xl with smash for 75 bucks it's 11.5. When will 11.5 be hackable?
>inb4 5 hours

i got my sd2vita from that reddit user and he just put it in and envelope with out any protection.. at least the chinks sent it a little box and inside an anti static bag and it the china sd2vita arrived faster and was cheaper too.

System transfer from a hacked 3ds OR open it up and do a hardmod.

When are you going to stop?

To be fair it was a semi decent trick, it was annoying and the message was shit but I genuinely didn't expect that from a translation effort, I for one don't even care if we see episode 2 or not it was somewhat fun working out of spite to 'correct' their shit.

Nothing has yet beat the amount of autism observed from diivolution for the wii, but nintendont slapped that things shit anyway, based nintendont.

When they release a True CFW.

yeah but the system transfer needs you to own dsi games that you can't buy dude

I think I'll wait. I remember last year people thought the black friday 3ds' models weren't gonna be soft moddable.

Also I owned a n3ds xl but it was stolen by shithead brother

when I get a job

really hate this meme desu

As much as I love the guaranteed (You)s?

>wanting to run official nintendo software instead of homebrew
ewwww

Does it matter what USB Loader I choose for my Wii? According to the link in the OP there's three different ones but they don't lay out any concrete differences.

Someone posted something about an eu luma user able to install a jpn update from eshop, does luma allow you to update out of region games now? What the fuck? I can just directly update my foreign shit without that stupid 3dsiso site now?

just use usb loader gx, but it doesn't really matter

new 2ds xl ships with 11.4, wut do?

Buy magnets.

Or a DSi game on another 3DS.

cancel your order and get some quality pizza

I thought there was some way to hack 11.4 though? Or was that the one that fucked everything for latefags?

4 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds

>3ds
>not vita
Really is the nintenshit and poorfag general

welcome to gateway general, newfag

actually hacked system vs dead, no games, dumped even by Sony

Yeah, I honestly don't care about seeing the translation finished if this faggot is working on it. I'd rather never play the game.

One is cheap, and hackable on pretty much every firmware.
The other is cheap enough, but only hackable on one firmware. And the proprietary storage is retarded expensive though that is old news now that sd2vita is out.

What was the trick?

Useless.

Anyone know any 32GB sd cards that will work with Wii?

Luma devs added a donation option to help someone in the scene on the release page of the CFW.
Call me a moralfag, but I know he has run into issues, I send em 5$ and received a thank you.
>tfw finally giving back to the community after pirating a shitton of games for a year

if i recall the final wii update allowed for sdhc support. your homebrew mileage may vary

You just helped pay for the T's SRS.

they should but... why would you use that?
just put any games on a USB and call it a day

He probably saved 100's of € on games, fuck it, if I see the link I'm payin' to.

>PS4
[Aug 3] PS4 Firmware 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

Does Luminous Arc 3 have any kind of decent English release?

>posted this in the last thread too
hahaha. guess what? nobody cares. ps4 btfo

who is it that needs help what is their condition. we need more info on this.

So as soon as I bought my sd2vita my PC died. All I have left is my brothers mac. Anyway to backup my vita to my brothers mac then put it on the SD?

user, correct me if I am wrong and you know stuffs.
Not the person you respond too, but:
Some minor dev has some serious health issues, I think he contributed to Luma. Didn't ask for donations from what I seen on NH Discord.
Either this or we are funding hormone treatment. I donated 20€, it's whatever, I had so many hours of fun because of this trannie, I might as well contribute.

I do not think it is a dev.
I only know a few people in this scene, I know one who ran into personal issues.
If I was a wagecuck I would donate.

so im betting some minor dev has cancer or the trannie is having people pay for the estrogen treatments.

Looks like it. But I tend towards the former option.
I thought hormone treatments were free of charge in europe? Or is Aurora in the USA?
Maybe it's TuxSH trying to get us to pay for exception handlers?

Would also like to know this.

Cant find update for One Piece Super Grand Battle X and it actually adds another playable character

auroras paypal on the release page says its from italy so who knows.

Fuck off Xbox One Frat fantard

I'm currently considering a small donation.
If i had enough money I wouldn't be pirating games, but I feel like I have enough to contribute a bit. Also, I don't know if it goes to the person who needs it most, but NH confirmed it so yeah.
Who /conflicted/ here?

So I got one of the datel power tags, which when it works is not bad, but the USB reader it shipped with appears to be pretty garbage, blinking a ton while trying to read the tag. (Once it's been read, it seems to stay synced, so it seems like some sort of connection issue.)

Just wondering if anyone's had better luck either using the tag with something like an android app, or something else to make the experience a bit better?

fuck off.
I work full time so I can fund some retard?
Hell no. Fuck this community.
First Ermans autism now this.

In case you can't tell, that just one faggot samefagging trying to get people to fork over

This
Why so mad user? Can't afford games and can't afford to support your cfw?
Get a job.

no, go learn moonrunes

My jap shit is currently all up to date but you can try anyways. Worst that happens is it'll say failed or something last I tried pre b9s.

it's newsworthy but not worth a damn, really.

who the fuck was actually going to use that chip?

it's like that one, literal single user who bought the cobra blackfin.

just letting you know that chip was the reason for the vita registration lockout.

source?

why would I like xbox one if I don't like the ps4? they're literally the same exact thing just with a different brand. and even less people care about microsoft consoles, they don't even have a place in the OP/one idiot talking about it even though nobody else cares.

speaking of which, any news on that front? other than total_noob telling us to wait another 5 hours?

So i met this girl who has a Vita on a really low firmware and she agreed to sell it to me for cheap.

All I know is that it's way below 3.60 and in really good condition.

Should I still buy it and is it still possible to hack?

>11 page shitstorm over fan translators putting in anti-piracy DRM
>cracked within a day
gbatemp.net/threads/release-the-great-ace-attorney-episode-1-english-patch.479545/page-11

lol

So, I want to change my SD for the 3DS
I just need to copy-paste all the files in the old SD to the new one, right?
And if I modded my 3DS when it was 11.3, can I safely update to 11.5

based chinks working reddit into a shoot

it is but unless she has linked her PSN account to it and is willing to keep it that way, you won't be able to play PSP or PS1 (although there's Retroarch).

you won't be able to link yours if you ever reset the system/deactivate it.

If you do not have an emuNAND then it's just drag and drop.
Remember to format it with GodMode9 before copying the files.

Why would I take Aurora's advice? Why would I trust Aurora? Why would I want to give money to Aurora of all people?
That guy is an idiot and I don't trust this "to help a friend" thing. Knowing Aurora, it's probably something stupid if not outright harmful.

Aurora lives in Italy.

The problem is they don't sell the 2GB SD cards anymore.

think about it the vita has cross save compatibility
with some ps4 games so a user mode exploit could be used.
it would need a f00d hack for us to get back on line

wouldn't an advanced form of spoofing work?

Thanks for pointing that out... That kind of blows about PS1 stuff, it's one of the top reasons I wanted a hacked Vita...

>Format it with GodMode9
Can you explain better?

one of the devs is apparently working on an offline solution for September.

he has a pretty reliable score despite what /hbg/ will say, so there's that.

How foolish of me to think that something as self explanatory as "formatting a SD card" could be so hard to understand to mere mortals.

we need the keys in the 3.61 + f00d processor to pass the challenge / response.

No, I mean, that SD card is new.
I just have to drop the files, launch GodMode and do the rest?

>boot GodMode9
>pop in new SD
>format it
>pop it out
>dump your files from your old SD
>pop the new SD in your console
>that's it
>go update FBI

i wonder if the vita is vulnerable to a hardware based glitching attack

I have a 3ds at 11.4.0-37U and I plan on buying Pokemon Sun/Moon to play while a homebrew option for that doesn't come.
Does anyone know if the game requires a system update to be played? (physical copy)

Ok, thanks
Sorry for being slow