Refuelling to max before a long overnight roadtrip

>refuelling to max before a long overnight roadtrip

>turn on ignition and start driving
>see orange lights
>police control
>where are you going and where are you coming from, user?
>i see, get out of the car
>open the trunk
>empty your bags and pockets
>did you drink?
>please blow into this tube for me
>negative, lucky you. i will have to take a sample of your hair, i'm afraid
>aha, you've had some weed in 2007
>sirens, blue lights, chopper sounds and my face pressed against the concrete floor with a police woman's boot on my head
>yay, road trips!

Jesus user.

>driving alone on a lonely open road in Texas
>have all the windows down and my sunroof opened while going down the interstate
>play my music slightly loud (not blasting because it's against the law)

Good feels

>police woman's boot on my head

>planning road trip in a newly aquired 1990 2.9 ferd ranger with 330km
>has infamous 2.9 valvetrain tick
>put quart of ATF in oil
>Change oil after 50kms
>4000km later and oil still looks new
>hasn't ticked at all

Feelsgoodman

>roadtrip every year with my parents and dog from The Netherlands - Switzerland to go ski
>car fully loaded, 30gb of music ready
>9-10 hours of quality talking with my dad about cars and life or just stare at the beautiful scenery
>autobahn so you can go as fast as you'd like
>once you arrive you get to drive up and down the twisty mountain roads all week

Comfiest time of the year
Pic related

>road trip just ahead
>realize I still need to refuel, tank almost empty
>fuel is expensive as shit that day

Preping a car for a long trip, it's a great feeling. Check the fluids, tyres. Fill up the tank.

It's almost time for a wonderful long journey.

>Check the fluids
Woops. I just assume it's alright because it's always been alright.

>open the trunk
now I know they just wanna make problems
>blow into this tube
no thank you officer. I want you to take my blood sample at the hospital and I demand my rights so you have to call another patrol to look after my car while we are gone

And that's how you waste a few hours of police time and piss them off a lot.
Well at least if you live in a civilized country like mine is.
nothing beats going far slower than you have to at night during summer when there is nobody around and you play your favourite tunes while having the windows down
easily on my "Top 5 comfy stuff" list
>oil on my
>200kmph trip across germany
>oil warning starts flashing near rhe French border
My car just likes oil. Nothing wrong with it.

>truck fuelled up
>trailer with snowmobile and sled loaded
>3 AM
>empty roads
>off to god knows where to do the lords work

>women's police boot on my head

Living the dream...

>wash the car before a trip so it will be a happy car that delivers you safely

I thought snowmobiles were illegal there?

>driving an empty new jersey turnpike at 2 am with the windows down listening to bruce springsteen

>old 80's or 90's rock song comes on
>crank down the windows and blast the sterio when your near teenagers and normies
>they are pissed
>they dont know good music

makes me feel good to force culture on the young

BABY WITH A HORNNN TO BURRRRN

>hanging out near a road, not really doing anything
>some middle aged guy in a beat up miata speeds by
>windows down, blasting his 90's dad-rock as loud as he can
>yells something unintelligible about "normies" as he goes past
why do they do this lads?
>pic not related

>fixing the window trim so the cabin is quieter

>And that's how you waste a few hours of police time and piss them off a lot.
this is why they beat people

fuck you nigger im 27 and you will listen to my dad music weather you like it or not. too much hippity hop rots the mind

>Every single policeman is an honorable person
But you only do that as a defense against them being a crybaby faggots?

>autistically maintain known unreliable car
>car friends invite me to do an autocross with them
>one friend's car doesn't pass tech
>the other 3 suffer mechanical problems that knock them out early
>my car doesn't miss a beat the whole day

Wat do with dog? He goes skiing too?

>The_road_with_no_cars.jpg
>road has cars on it

>lonely open road in Texas
Fucking where? They seemed crowded all the time to me when I drove there

autism wins again

I think we would be good friends user

My mother doesn't ski anymore, so he stays with her and goes for walks. When I get home from skiing I play with him in the snow

Pic related, doggo

Well well well, what have we got here then?

Tx is almost double the size your irrelevant country and roughly 90% of that space is aussie tier barren. Pick any two lane county road and odds are you'll be the only person on it, fucking retard.

>tfw 20 and one of my friends called my music dadrock
>whatever he listens to is just random assortments of noise
Wtf happened

We need to enhance further. I can almost make out the license plate.

It wasn't meant to be too serious

I did remember driving through a small town called Mart at 4 AM, and I was surprised at just how empty it was. Even in my miniscule norwegian town you'd have atleast one person driving around

>sitting in my toll booth working night shift
>watching the traffic die down the later and later it gets
>until it's just one or two lonely cars, chewing up miles with nobody else around
>godspeed, kindred spirits.

Tfw 18 senior in highschool (inb4 underage) most people I talk to enjoy the old classics some freshmen's even listen to jemi Hendrix and David Bowie

West Texas is a scary place

>fireworks
you were working the overnight shift on new year's eve weren't you

Yes I was, user. Yes I was.

Texas is boring as shit to drive through besides the Hill Country, I've freaking had it with how flat and boring it is here. Strongly considering Montana or Utah once I finish uni.

>getting a rare deck back after repairs and firing it up playing 80's music, on an 80's cassette deck in an 80's car, cruising at night with the qt.

reaction image there.

Okay, im going to enhance it further.

>kindred spirits
>implying anyone feels positive feels towards a toll taker

I always spit at them and laugh before flooring it.

>windows down on the interstate
Absolute degenerate

Not sure where you'd call Mart being... middle or east?

Drove a lot around those areas. Mart, Mexia and mostly Groesbeck, which is where I stayed and my grill lives. Went to San Antonio, Dallas, Waco, Camden, Austin and a few more places. I enjoyed Texas for sure, even if the heat was kicking my ass

Once on a family road trip some 10 or so years ago (now 18) we were heading to New Mexico and I can vaguely remember driving through ghost town that look like they were abandoned for years shit was creepy as fuck

where do you poop?

Girlfriend wants to do like ghost hunts next time I'm over. Bring a bunch of her friends and just go to abandoned/haunted places... I'll tag along to see the cool places, but the haunted thing is sorta meh, as I have zero belief in that stuff

Fuck me this cold weather needs to go away. I'm tired of having to warm up my car for 10 mins before work.

Cruisin in 80 degree weather with the windows down sounds 10/10 right now

I wouldn't recommend that in West Texas, most people out there live there for a reason and don't like people snooping around, it's honestly just asking to be shot and not to mention being so close to the border who knows what you might find Texas (especially Houston and border areas) are infamous for sex trafficing and drug trades

I drive Uber in DC and i start early, wake at 3am and out the door at 330. Tonight I will go gas up the car and make sure all is well, then I will make ready my sundries for a quick morning exit, shave, shower and have chamomile tea. It's a bit hard actually exciting bed at 3am because of latent autistic depression but once I do get on the road I'm reminded why this is the best job I've ever had.

I make it to Bethesda and take comfy rich people to airports all morning, my entire day is done by 2pm if I want it, i make more money than anyone else in my class and area, and all in the comfiest settings possible. I make it home beating traffic and can shitpost and watch kinos and play vidya. This is my Monday to Friday.

In a bathroom, my dude. We get two 30 minute breaks on overnights, during which we leave the toll booth and go into the main building. Poop, pee, nap, eat, fap, whatever you want for 30 minutes. If you've really got to drop a deuce right this minute, you can call and have somebody relieve you so you can relieve yourself.

>most people out there live there for a reason
what reason?

Fellow 2.9bro

To stay away from the gubment or their criminal past. I've come acrossed houses deep in the Idaho mountains, literally in the middle of fucking nowhere, and you don't dare approach them. That's how you die

>driving an empty highway in Massachusetts at 2AM listening to the modern lovers

>doing something i don't like makes you a degenerate

okay.

Sounds like my hero

There's a bunch of connecting roads in Texas, the most open is in mid-Texas where there's hardly any cars and very few semi trucks passing there.

The river walk kicks ass

there is always a few in every school. they keep my faith in humanity at least somewhat alive

This pretty much, one of the top FBI most wanted was found in a town in West Texas working as a chef in a dinner, people like that don't like it when outsiders get nosy

Most of us really aren't that bad, I'm in a Texas highschool and even for it being in a big city everyone's pretty conservative and liberals get reeed at, some fat black girl wore a BLM jacket and got pushed down the stairs but they "couldn't find the person" due to the stairwell being crowded even with cameras

The only good driving roads in texas are the hill country area as it has windy roads and beautiful scenery. Of course most roads will be boring because 1hr west of Austin it gets reeeeeeeel flat and south east texas is all swamp lands which are also flat

i feel u user

It was really hot and humid, but that kinda applies to anything south of Oslo for me

Had a really nice burrito at the river walk. We dont get "real" mexican food in Norway, so it was a cool experience

Now that is a comfy looking doggo user

Ayyyy. What's your rig?

>Using air conditioning

Bet you shave your legs too

>pick up 8\10 QT latina i. had been chatting up at work for a date on my birthday yesterday
>she likes my rx7 a lot, says it's really nice on the inside and makes cool sounds
>teach her to Ice skate, then cruise over to watch Ferdinand.
>go for a nice walk by the Ohio river at night, holding her close because I was low-key cold
>the city skyline is beautiful, it's a flea night
>she says she wanted to hear me sing since I've been told I have a good voice
>say ok but only if you give me a kiss afterwards
> "Smooth user, sure"
>sing constant sorrow and el paso to on the way to her car, comfy 80's music the rest of the way
>stop by her car, we make out for like 5 mins then immediately go straight to more intense stuff, she gave gr8 head
>says she had a great time, wants to see me again on the weekend
Comfiest birthday ever, and that was my first time kissing a girl too, I guess better late than never

Driving down I37 FeelsGoodMan

a '90 2wd 5sd single cab. I need to try the atf fluid in crankcase and see if that eliminates the tick. It only does it when I'm on the highway or rev the piss out of it

nigga how old are you? congrats on getting your dick sucked though

T-twenty

>start unloading packs from previous camping trip for next one
>bliss of packing away equipment, clothes, and blankets
>tune-up new offroad rig for camping trip
>fill up on gas at local gas station
>first hour of talkative excitement with gf
>second hour quiet bliss of roadtrip music
>tfw filling up at last in civilization before heading deep into desert
>tfw tent is up
>tfw campfire finally catches
>morning after glow on rig against the sunrise in the desert

I love camping so much it's almost autistic at this point how much I love it. Finally hitting the dirt trails after driving for 2 hours on the road feels like taking off your shoes after a long day at work.

>then it gets cheap again after your trip
T-thanks?