Lamborghini with LS3 V8 engine swap

autoevolution.com/news/lamborghini-diablo-with-ls3-v8-engine-swap-has-550-hp-photo-gallery-96249.html#

can someone explain how this works?? How does a V8 work on a rear engine drive?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LqUi_tCZNuk
youtube.com/watch?v=8jdh-Psq3Ec
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How does a V12 work? Fucking retard

Are you actually retarded? This thing had a V12 before the shitty swap. How do you expect a V12 to fit where a V8 doesnt? Also, did you think lambos come with 4 bangers?

This is a brilliant thread

literally says how in the article Ya dunce
>The new heart of the beast is connected to a modified Porsche G50 transaxle

Why the hell would you do this? The whole point of a Lambo is that sweet engine sound and performance, not a fucking pushrod V8

At least it's reliable now.

gee i wonder who could be behind this...

yeah i don't really see the point of the swap.

The engine probably ate itself to death a la pizza the hut because dude missed the service interval by 7 miles.

To be different and out there. Kinda the whole point of buying a lambo in the first place

>ls swapped anything
>different and out there
you got me im baited

Its the "lol guise look how retarded i am" kind of out there

Replaced an absurdly expensive engine that needs service every 5000 miles with one that both has more horsepower and has daily driver service intervals. Sounds like somebody made a Lambo affordable, cool

>ls is bad guise!

Engine probably died so he went for this. Same story for the guy with the 2JZ Royce. Couldn't be bothered to wait for a new engine.

>buys a classic Lambo
>too poor to restore failed original engine
>drops babby's first diarrhea farting shitgrinder in there
This stinks of American from 5000 miles away.

the ls engine is not better than a high revving v12 from lamborghini

LS guys are so stupid hat they can't even learn to work on something that isn't an LS. Don't even like Diablos but RIP, now you're just a generic shitty kit car with a boring engine.

the power to weight is most likely comparable ,if not better..

That's not the fucking point. It's a classic car, don't fucking buy it if you can't fucking afford the upkeep and are just going to fucking ruin its original condition.

he probably did it to anger "purists"

It's cheaper, faster, lighter, handles better and way more reliable. Hopefully this guy modifies and abuses the fuck out of it

Or maybe he's just a tasteless hack. What do you think is more likely?

>How to make everyone think your real Lamborghini Diablo is a kit car

More like too poor and/or stupid to build it properly.

A lot of exotics are scavenged from to repair other exotics. This is a working fix that allows for the use of available maintenance items.

If I had an Italian supercar, I'd do the same, just to anger the soyboy purists who get upset that somebody would want a cheaper, more reliable and more powerful engine instead of "muh character".

Then again I have no concept of automotive "purity" and moreso go by my wants.

listen, honestly if the motor was blown and he swapped an LS into the car because i imagine a new motor from lambo would be like 10000000000 dollars since its not even a newer car, then thats completely fine. if he swapped the fucking v12 out of the car for an LS then he can get fucked

That's because you aren't a car enthusiast.

>buys a Diablo
>complains about engine replacement costs and drops a redneck fart factory in it
Should've stuck to owning a Hickvette to begin with.

>more powerful
no
more reliable is debatable but sure its cheaper : ^ )

>Although the owner chose an American V8 he still loves and respects Diablos and their factory V12s. He took special care to make sure any modification would not compromise a future owner’s ability to return the car to factory. He never set out to upset anyone, only to find a practical solution to a problem.

Well at least he isn't a complete faggot.

>going to fucking ruin its original condition.

Teh article says "no cutting involved". So it's possible that this swap could e reversed if a V12 Lamo engine ever becomes available.

Too bad he made everyone butthurt anyway lmfao!

He's a poorfag, can't be helped.

>mfw its now a better car

Poorfag with a Diablo that doesn't need service every three blocks

>muh poor trapper keeper car

Eat a dick nigger.
No such thing as a "classic car"
its a hunk of metal meant to go fast and be enjoyed, not to sit in a garage bubble for baby dicked boomers to cream their weenies over while watching other people drive it on the TV.

Yeah but it's boring and sounds like shit. Should've just crushed it or let the fire completely destroy it.

>Should've just crushed it or let the fire completely destroy it.
That's what i love about this whole thing, he clearly wasn't trying to be insulting or troll anyone and its so easy to swap back the original engine and people like you are still bleeding from the ass, its priceless!

You're trying way too hard.

So is there a Corvette or camaro with a Lamborghini V12 now?

(assuming you are the guy i was replying to)
t. "should've been crushed" because an inanimate object's virginity was defiled like your pure white daughter getting black dingding up her cooch.

Maybe, i don't think anyone would mind that despite some might wanting to do it as some sort of revenge gesture. id drive the shit out of a V12 Corvette.

Now you're trying even harder. This is cringe af.

>just as much power
>lighter
>cheaper running costs
>greater reliability
What is the problem here?

Isn't there an LS V12?

Hahaha I love it! Wish I could find out more info about it, or some recent videos. Reminds me of this classic Lamborghini Jalpa with an LS Turbo
youtube.com/watch?v=LqUi_tCZNuk

Fuck man I'd hate to see the condition of your butt plug

There is. There's also a LS V16 quad turbo. A V8 puts out enough power and has almost the same powerband as a V12. A V12 is already long as fuck so you might as well go all the way to 16.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU RUIN A LAMBORGHINI WITH LS SWAP IT HAS ONE OF THE SEXIEST ENGINES EVER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Watch shmee150 devel sixteen on youtube
the car is hillarious, and stupidly obvious snake oil, so I wouldn't be surprised if the engine is just a mockup aswell.

that made the lambo totally better
good choice

500$ and and afternoon and he significantly improved that lambo. i'd say it's a success

There's video's of Steve Morris dyno'ing the engine, It's legit. The rest of the car is a meme though.

youtube.com/watch?v=8jdh-Psq3Ec

ITT Anons get butt flustered by what someone else does with there property. Toplel

>LS swap Civic
>LS swap RX7
>LS swap GTR
>LS swap 911
>LS swap mustang
>LS swap Lamborghini

>LS swap Camaro
>LS swap Corvette

Probably engine trouble to start with, new lambo engines start at about $50k. Plus you can tweek the LS3 over the diablo's 550hp pretty easilly.

dont forget the LS swapped Delorean.

talked to one guy who had an LS swapped VW Bus, the engine was just slightly hanging out from underneath the bottom of the car and you could see it when you flipped up the rear license plate.

He bought it, because nobody else would.
you get that?

Pretty sure GM built that engine knowing full well that the actual car was just some rich sand nigger's pipe dream

>ls1 delorean
>bad

???

the engine and transmission are the least of the deloreans problems.

LS swap Lada when?

Now

I'm okay with this

>this kills the Tesladrone

haha it looks so small in there. The mighty corvette engine looks like a baby motor. Whos the big dick engine now little LS?

>muh v8
Kek still less power than an ecoboost 3.5l modded. Reminder the ls dies at 700hp and the 3.5l ecoboost does not.

he unironically improved that piece of garbage. stay mad faggos

Why not just buy a better car?

It's the principle of the thing. It's both something that's "different" and "original" and not at the same time to anger the purists and other critics of widespread LS swaps. A very large part of modern car culture even among the rich is being hated and looked down upon (which is usually embraced as having "haters") and having an "outlaw" "lifestyle".

you mean by cutting the resale value in half?

Why are you incapable of looking past stock power numbers?

did you miss the part where no one wanted to buy it because its original engine shit the bed?

Man... purists are autists. Have fun rubbing your shit with a diaper. You people are way too easy to trigger. I really hope some oil rich arab buys a 250 GTO and LS swaps it one of these days. I'd love to see the tears flow.

People with 6 figures to spend on an exotic car don't want any part of that headache.
People with 6 figures to spend on an exotic car won't buy one with a swapped in chevy 350.

In the eyes of that community, and I don't know if you've trolled exotic car forums like I have, that might as well be a fiero with a body kit now.

>Pretty sure GM built that engine
GM didn't build that engine

neat

>put ls in diablo
>modify it
>memes and under 10 secs on quarter
>secretly hook up v12 in room
>listen to it rev every night and have sex with its intake
>no one must know my lust for internal combustion engines

sounds fine to me. if you buy shit for the resale value you wouldn't be driving the car at all. you wouldn't even be a car enthusiast, you'd just be a collector.

the value is already diminished on that car. there is absolutely no reason to buy one for an engine swap like that. there is absolutely no reason to buy a car like that and put any good amount of money into it. here is where people never understand and fuck up with swaps or replicas.

if you buy a late 90s diablo for 100k (or whatever theyre going for) and don't fuck it up, mod it, nigger it, put tons of miles on it, etc - guess what? when youre bored of it in say 5 years its still worth really close to 100k. the dudes owning these arent stupid, theyre smart. the idiots are the ones making crap shit with thousands of dollars and wasting thousands of hours on something guaranteed to be short of par.

Maybe the guy bought the car broken and "cheap" and just wants to use it... Would make sense in that case. At least it gets used.

if the engine shit the bed, as the poster above suggests, there no benefit to a perfect lsx swap for 5k vs fixing the v12, even if its 20k.

I've seen cars like this go for sale with half the parts missing... Often used to save a handful of other similar cars in better condition. Wouldn't be surprised still if someone bought the remains to do this!

>people with no talent still getting mad people don't like their talentless hack asses shitting up cars

lmao, maybe one day you guys will actually be car enthusiasts instead of plebs wanting the image.

thats probably the case.

but all said and done, in the end its cheaper and easier to just have and enjoy ALL of the real deal.

i found on CL years back a 911 roller for 6k. thought awesome! i could swap it along with doing everything else over the course of a couple years. why swap a pleb car when it could be a 911?? then i realized for 30k i could have the real deal, enjoy it, then sell it for at worst years later for 25k. thats just the way to go about expensive sports cars. either you can pay to play or you're not going to come out on top in the end.