So I've never had an issue with my AEM cold air intake in the rain and its been like 6 months that I've had it...

>So I've never had an issue with my AEM cold air intake in the rain and its been like 6 months that I've had it installed. As i drove to work today though it was raining hard as fuck and i guess my filter got wet because of it and I noticed my acceleration was off and if I tried to suddenly accelerate my engine seemed to lag and make a strange noise

Am I fucked Veeky Forums?

Hydro L O C K E D

You fucked up OP. Cold air intakes are a fucking meme. Only boiracers with ricer shitboxes buy them

Probably not, just let it dry. Remove intake components etc. Had same thing happen to me and it turned out fine. Can always get a bypass valve but if you live somewhere where it doesnt rain often the valve will rot away.

you deserve it for buying a cai

>he bought a meme air intake
A high-flow filter does just as well and won’t fuck your engine retard

congratulations! expect to throw a rod and mangle the rest of your valvetrain in your now $0K civic. shud have got a bypass valve and filter sock

nah you could get lucky. if minimal water was sucked in it wil have the same effect as seafoaming your engine the water and steam caused a minor stumble. if you have a MAF inside the intake that can be fucked too.

so how wet is the filter?
does MAF element appear wet?

>CAI
That was your first mistake
I assume you did not buy a foam one but the shitty grid and paper one as in your picnor did you coat it with oil to prevent moisture from coming through.

It’s just a bit wet towards the bottom, the top and middle appear to be normal

That’s what I think too, the car literally drives fine and smooth once it’s gets going from a complete stop, and once it stopped raining all those symptoms disappeared so.........

check your MAF. CRC has a MAF cleaner spray . be careful only spray the element not the fucking electrical connectors.
as other suggested lightly oil filter, get a filter sock and bypass valve, and if the cai is in splash zone fabriacate a guard

>CAI without a rainguard or a water bypass valve
lol

Wet filters are less than idea, but that wont ruin a motor. Had a detailer at my old work place spray down an engine bay with an exposed SRI filter that he sprayed with water. The car started right up and ran no problem. MAF might not like getting wet though.

Submerged filters while an engine is running is another issue all together.

how do I check my MAF? what am I looking for?

Next time buy a sock for it.

what make/model?
your MAF could either be inside the intake tube or connected by some original tubing to the intake tubes.

in this pic its the black square looking part on the blue intake tube. you might need torx or security torx bit to remove. there will also be elctric connection that unclips. if its connected to oringal intake housing there might be some house clamps unscreww them, unclip electric, loosen tube. MAF element is thin wire do not touch just spray with CRC brand MAF cleaner shouold quickly air dry

Already did that, hopefully its not too late

its for a 02 TLs, literally this one

There's literally nothing wrong with cold air intakes.

OP, just let it dry out and buy a filter wrap/sock to put over it.

>Am I fucked Veeky Forums?

1.soak CAI in motor oil
2.delete EGR
3.+1.5 HP
4.put MAF in sock

DON'T soak it in motor oil, OP.

if hes got PCV, it'll soak it for him