Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BjWStosu9I0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Friendly lesson that a fighter lacking credible keepaway is not a fighting game worthy of praise.

Friendly lesson that in its first month Timeout 7 has shed a greater proportion of its player count than Street Fighter 5 did within the same window of opportunity. SFV also had a larger peak for that the same window of opportunity. All indicators show evidence that Tekken 7 is dying faster than SFV.

Friendly lesson that Dragonball FighterZ will be a badly formulated game with appalling zoning, disappointing movement when contrasted to the Marvel series, single assists per character, and little character archetype versatility.

Based sirlin

Can't we get some fun OPs for a change?

yeh man. the giant grin, his hair is modeled after jag's head, and adon uses 'jaguar' in his special names.

post 'em.

the sticker on my hrap 3 started to peel off so i bought a plastic cover for it and did a full seimitsu conversion for the hell of it.

We did. We got a 10/10 morrigan op.

Yes, but his name and color can't be a coincidence.

Bison is Kato from doomed megalopolis, Guile is Stroheim, Rose is Lisa Lisa and Juri is Jolyne all from Jojo, Yun and Yang are Duo and Trowa from Gundam Wing, and so on.

It's the only real reason I like Q at all.

Nadia.

>it's the crazy makoto poster
LOL

I hate the idea of option selects but God knows that there are games and characters and gimmicks that desperately need option-selects in order to be playable.

I just saved the image nigga, I don't like girls.

This is a Japanese Battle Angel Alita

>western art
fucking gross

Play Guilty Gear.

neat, i always thought bison was supposed to be hitler

This is the FGC without Capcom

This is what happens if you keep shitposting about SFV and MVCI

youtube.com/watch?v=BjWStosu9I0

It has a Pixiv filename. You can tell the artist's nationality?

0/10 op

Spread the good word of 10-0 my child.

The stick area on my V3 started wearing away right beside the RAP logo so I covered in electrical tape like a true poorfag.

Sirlin shill posting is my new favorite fgg meme.

>My mom just died, I don't know what to do...
>Well, have you tried Guilty Gear?

every time

>We want the Luvcheez audience
-OP

If anything he is a generic Asian communist dictator. Look at his original portrait.

Beegone.

Play Weiss

We always have fun sniffable OPs

No, i dont play dead kusoge.

>no tekken 7

I heard your sister died...maybe I could be your sister for the night...

fuckin fat hotashi

That's a boy

Anyone who's been exposed to more technical, more dynamic fighting games will quickly pass on tekken. Other top fighters, namely Street Fighter, KoF and MK have advanced impressively in their latest installments; but the relic that is tekken just can't seem to evolve, furthermore many combos can be done simply by hitting 1-button, and the nearly "instant-kill" rage art moves are just laughably broken. Instead of a supplying a proper fighting engine, matches in T7 seem to rely heavily on "who can get their rage move off first". So many elements of the gameplay don't even require any sort of skill. In my book, slow motion over and over again also gets old very quickly. And in the end, it's more of a novelty or gimmick rather than an actual, thought-out fighting game mechanic. But hey, the casual crowd will be pleased!

If you want something a little more "button-masher-friendly," tekken might be your cup of tea.... Key word, might.

more like my wife
bend over and take off that hat

what if Baiken had a dick lol just joking but could you imagine if she did
i wonder how big it would be lol

buzz off

This is Rainbow Mika the face of wrestling say something nice about her.

If its red its dead

As a Rachel main I must say that Noel is the cutest blu

westerners trying to draw anime NEVER get it right like an authentic nihonjin

more like hota "fuck white people" shi

wrestling is fake

I'm a little confused by the nipple placement, but it's still passable. *sniff*

Any West Coasts lobbies planned for the evening?

>hbr shilling worked

trash

the plot thickens

>You're too told to be a good Ibuki player

What did he mean by this?

>removing the best thing about the outfit

Beeat it.

user that posted the op this thread, are you still around and do you have steam?

>watches rwby
>fell for the hitbox meme from a hitbox shill

wew

He appeared on episode 12 of Ultra Seven by the way.

She's almost as great as Asuka.

That episode got banned for being offensive against people who damaged by the atomic bombing apparently.

What did capcom mean by this?

Only in Chink Land could this offend somebody like this.

Put Evil Nadeshiko in Jive

kys gramps

she needs to leave

t. guy who didn't have an atomic bomb dropped on him

Taking elements of things that were cool and synthesizing new things out of them is how you make iconic characters.

>it's goobers that are the problem, not me

Nerd.

Post sf4 webms pls, preferebly cody combos or just beefy combos in general.
I don't hate 5 btw, so not trying to start anything.

>white people

Bloody Roar 5 when?

2019 announcement. Konami doesn't want to have overlap with Tekken.

Of all the people to take over Hudson why'd it have to be Konami

Does anyone on fgg play on fightcade anymore?

they all went to the discord

yes (though admittedly less as of recent)

No one else wanted it

I'm sure Hildr lurks around looking for people to play with.

sometimes

anyone wanna play melee?

The relation between Hudson Soft and Konami can be traced at least as early as 1985, when Hudson ported Konami's arcade game Pooyan to the MSX and Famicom. Furthermore, Konami was a third party licensee for Hudson Soft's PC Engine in Japan. But the acquisition process of Hudson Soft by Konami would only begin in 2001.

Hudson Soft was severely hit by the collapse of its main bank Hokkaido Takushoku. Seeking new financing alternatives, Hudson Soft entered the stock market for the first time in December 2000, listing on the NASDAQ Japan Exchange. This led to Konami purchasing a stock allocation of 5.6 million shares in August 2001, becoming the company's largest shareholder. Within the terms of this purchase, Hudson acquired the Sapporo division of Konami Computer Entertainment Studio, renaming it Hudson Studio.[14]

In April 2005, capital was increased via an allocation of 3 million shares from a third party. Konami Corporation, holding 53.99% of all Hudson stock, became Hudson's majority shareholder and parent company.[12] Hudson Soft continued to be a video game publisher, but working closely with Konami who became Hudson's distributor in Japan.[15]

In April 2011, Hudson Soft turned a wholly owned subsidiary of Konami.[16][17] The subsidiary in California, Hudson Entertainment, was liquidated in the process. [18]

Doomed from the start

Can we play a good game instead?

>hear injustice 2 got a ptach
>they fucking buffed everyone but cyborg
could at least give a usable trait fuck nrs cant balance for shit

thats why i said melee and not smash 4

are the 18 frames of recovery of throws on hit or on whiff?

Rwby shit aside those look nice. What's with the player indicator though, and why does it go to 3?

>chemical catalyst rattlin' never hazardous
Ed was made in a lab, but wants to believe that this has no effect on him
>subdued by all my memories but never been a pacifist
Ed has a ton of baggage as a Bison clone, but fights back against it
>so wakeup, put up the fists, it's hard to resist but I just might lose control / so shoot and I never do miss I gotta take risks if I wanna have it all
Ed is basically a ticking time bomb but he's willing to risk that if it means he gets to live his life
>so let go of the poison the venom I'm sinning I'm sinning
Direct references to F.A.N.G., Vega, and S.I.N., and putting all of that behind him
>the voices are spinning with the visions all written / got the pictures of my prophecy, develop my philosophy, woke up in the morning told the world to get back off of me
Menat has told Ed all about what he is destined for and how he can change it, he will do so by living day by day
>yeah, and still the nightmares' creeping up at night
Bison's spirit continues to haunt his dreams
>and I'm a fragment in a mirror seeing black and white
Both Bison and Balrog have made their mark on Ed, and he is fragmented between these two halves of himself
>like who is me and who is gonna take me over, my soul is my soul in the eyes of the beholder
Ed cannot decide which aspects of himself are his own personality, and which have been instilled in him by Bison and Balrog, while Menat (who is to Ed what Rose is to Bison) is able to see into his soul
>yeah, and now there's darkness in the chaos, try and see the light hope the positives will pay off
After the events of SFV's story, Ed's life has changed permanently and is unsure of where he's headed
>ain't no time for stressing when the time is of the essence take these two fists and swing them back into your direction
Ed knows his days are numbered, so he'll spend the time he has fighting for what he believe in
(cont)

That's why I asked, can we play a good game instead?

Abigail's theme lyrics when?

I'm going to start paying Booki and just go at it no matter how much I suck. I hope to be better after a few hundred matches

Wish me luck, you fucking sad cunts who validate yourselves through video games.

>cause that's the way I got it / and don't the sound of doom always sound so melodic / look into the future know the end is coming near even though I'm standing tall in the face of all this fear
Again, Ed doesn't know how long he has left, but he puts that worry aside
>clear vision, serving life like a sentence, gotta stay strong that's the reason I'm so vicious
Ed feels trapped in this body and this fate, and uses his training and fighting as an escape from it
>a barking dog, take it all never fall, you looking for the champ then I'm the one who get the call
Ed will stand up to any challenge that comes his way, including his surrogate father, Balrog, who he has surpassed both physically and emotionally
>so lemme tell you a little something about this life; you can't commit to the game and you can't commit to fight
Ed detests that with his accelerated growth, he was unable to live a normal life and thus has grown aloof and apathetic as he could never form attachments
>but the thing is with every passing of the night, nobody actually makes it out of this world alive
Ed feels that despite being blessed with normal lives, no one else is truly making an effort to change the world for the better
>so what you gotta do is put your powers to the test / time is passing so you'd better spend your time the best / so who you gonna be when the reaper come knocking / actions speak louder than words so stop talking!
Ed believes that he should make the most out of the limited time he has to live as himself. If he could die or give in to Bison at any moment, he wants the actions he's taken to speak to his legacy as an individual, and not as some experiment gone wrong
>so watch me break out of this cage / I fight now, I want change / and it's the passing of the days / so get back and just get up out my way!
Ed is determined to fight his hardest to defy his destiny and leave his mark on the world, and he will eliminate any obstacle in his way

And you say SF has no story

I miss fantasy strike

sick of all these artificially difficult combos and reversal windows

Nice photoshop

Anyone played Asura Blade / Asura Buster? Simplistic gameplay, nice art. Kinda sad they never took off.

Play succ. Ignore bee or cat or dog or sas.

>Ed is the new Bison
>Menat becomes the new Rose in turn
Holy shit I never thought of it that way, that's kinda cool

>cat

Is Urien the biggest cuck in Street Fighter?
I just wanted an excuse to post this image someone drew for me

What about TLM's wife?

Jive lobby
Character select on
ft2
password 5555
twitch.tv
/silverback_reno

drink and jive and jive and drink with me friends

>Ed is the new Bison
>mfw this is nu-shadaloo

cat is ichi though