Cars that should have been RWD

cars that should have been RWD.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HiAqR2aK210
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All of the FWD ones.

small hatchbacks are the only cars that should be FWD

Celica

MMAL tried, had running prototypes and MMC said nope.

MX6

Prelude

MX3

Not even those

but i still love it, and given the money & time i'd rwd convert it

Owned one. Only benefits are it good looks and IRS which gives it decent handling. V6 is fairly reliable but anemic and build quality is typical hyundai shit. Auto is a slushbox obviously and the factory manual is known to almost always burn stock clutches by 70k miles, even with experienced drivers.

Even if it had been rwd it would still be shit, imo. Although at least in that sense you could do swaps

Imagine owning an EM1 in RWD as your first shitbox.

>MX6
>MX3
>not the correct version

Busrider general

sour fagwheeldriver spotted

I'll pass

>P Player remorse general

The concept was rear engined and rear wheel drive. I will never not be mad.

*P Plater
Fuck you google ya cunt

Amusingly enough my first two cars were RWD, the following two were FWD and it's been a mix from there.

mine needed a new clutch at 78k but has been solid apart from that, it's my first not-really-a-shitbox shitbox and it makes me smile, but rwd and a bit more power would make me moist

So much fucking this! the Northstar engines in these couldn't even make full power because of the weak FWD transmission. if they were RWD they could've been making 320 HP. only in the Shelby Series 1 were those engines ever making the power they were supposed to. this would've easily been one of the coolest sleepers of the 90s.

volvo 850
opel ascona c
mazda rx6 a million times

theres probably tons more i cant think of now

Didn't those 4.0s have the exact same head gasket plague the 4.6s did?

its' trunk is small enough already and desu it's probably the best example of fwd that owns

ALL OF THEM

They made the mustang

Just get a Lincoln LS

It actually has the proportions to pull it off as a RWD car. In some alternate reality, high schoolers were driving RWD EM1s back in 2004.

I'm good

real hours

Honda prelude

Only correct answers, preludes would have been the perfect competition to the Nissan s-chassis'

Too bad they were competition to Ford Probes and Toyota Celicas. Deal with it.

Yellow Ralliart Diamante is still best Diamante

merci twingo

Literally all of them

Have you ever heard somebody say "man I wish my car was front wheel drive"? Didn't think so

>Magna

>Hey Luigi, let's a make a glorious sedan with a Ferrari V8, and guess what, will put it transversally, in the front
What were those greasy pasta munchers even thinking?

>heaviest version
>ferd
Popups and lightbar taillights tho

Except for the 35-ish that were exported as Ralliart Diamantes.

Imagine this thing with a proper V6 and RWD. The Germans wouldn't stand a chance.

this

*catches fire*

I wont it

yes you will

About 1:37, when he sees the Celica
youtu.be/HiAqR2aK210

most of the alfas from the last 25 years

Mitsubishi FTO
Honda Prelude
Alfa Romeo 159

Thinking about it, there's lots you could pick desu

To be fair, MG/Rover did some funny shit right before going down the shitter. Like getting their flagship model ZT / 75 being redesigned from FWD to RWD to fit a V8. Well, yes.

or at least AWD, mitsu really missed with this one, still a great car and sort of underappreciated.

You know how they advertise it in the Netherlands?

>Easy to park

The only thing they say about the model on their site

Is this a shit car or is it still good? Saw one one on sale for 3k

Fair call but that was a RHD car

The new Twingo is exactly that, rear engined and RWD

For some reason that car looks really like it is RWD. I don't know why or what makes me think it is even though I know it's FWD.

They're decent shitboxes if the previous owner took care of them
It's the styling, also there was an Asian market VR4 twin turbo V6 awd model, as well as a wagon version called the Legnum