Does Veeky Forums respect the Crossfire?

Does Veeky Forums respect the Crossfire?

I can pick one up ridiculously cheap and my initial impression been pretty positive. Most things I see people complain about online either don't concern me, or can be overlooked for the price this is being offered for me. Should I be wary?

Mercedes SLK with PT Cruiser styling?

Yes. Buy it immediately.

Doesn't the manlet from American Dad drive one?

Buy it

Depends how cheap. The Mercedes engine is notoriously anemic and Chrysler products are notorious for automatic trans failure and electrical issues. In comparison, the 350z has 100 more horsepower and I've seen those for less than 5k.

A Mercedes-era Chrysler that isn't a jeep?It's trash. Honestly, unless the price is just that spectacular, just get an SLK.

Buy it if you want to just park it and admire the funky styling, cause they're actually kinda shit to drive.

>Chrysler

I didn't know they had internet in trailer parks yet, Cletus!

Honestly been looking into getting one as my 2nd.
>performance wise
215hp isn't fast nor is it horribly slow but what do you expect from a 3.2l v6 from 2004-2008?
Best mods to keep the damn thing planted is invest in some coilovers and get it dialed in to your liking. Cause the damn thing turns like a bus and understeers like a fwd with bad tires in the rain.
>styling
every. fucking. thing rattles and breaks super fucking easy. interior is plastic and overly shiny.
>blindspotsblindspotseverywhere.png
if you get one and its not a 6spd, walk far away.
oh we also cant forget
>mercedes running costs
fuck it i'm in the same boat.

hahaha fpbp

>Should I be wary?
no, its an slk with a softer suspension. It is pretty reliable. I had a friend that picked up an srt-6 dirt cheap as well.

nope its a american built mercedes and a crappy engined one at that. the auto in them isnt much better. cant give them away like a taurus.

id put a hemi v8 in it instead.

>mercedes repair cost combined with chrysler reliability
Sounds like a good deal OP

>215hp isn't fast nor is it horribly slow but what do you expect from a 3.2l v6 from 2004-2008?
Considering bmw built a 272 hp 3.0l I6 in 07 that’s still pretty shit

Cleveland show, yeah

I think its even red, too

5-6 grand is the price
I'm being offered the standard version. I heard about the plastic interior.
None of my relatives or friends ever have had any experience with Mercedes, let alone Chrystler (Eastern Europe here), so I'm afraid that joke went right over my head. I get the point though

>eastern europe
>no experience with mercedes
surprising

Anyway the mercedes parts will be good quality but will usually be expensive to replace. The chrysler parts will be shit and will break often but are cheaper (probably not in europe though)

Also, I drive manual
Getting chrystler part's shouldn't be an issue. There seems to be no consistent opinion as to the quality of the driving experience.

Also most quick cars in that price range look like shit. The only real contendors are Mazda RX7 and other rice racers.

A single, gentle, bump

>5-6 grand is the price
that's a lot

you can MAYBE find an s2k for that much if you look hard enough. or you can aim for a stock-ish miata and spend the rest of mahds. you might be able to add a bit more power with your leftover money, but best option may be suspension upgrades

Not really interested in convertibles if I'm being honest. I dig the design on the Crossfire, I think it's something that will age well and while I see similar offers for Mazda RX-8, the condition of the vehicle is almost mint in the case of the Chrysler.
350Z is also in the contest, but here prices run up substantially. Note, I'm looking for my first car here. Only rode motorcycles for the past 6-7 years.

>first car
I probably wouldn't get a crossfire then

what are you looking for in a car? the crossfire's only good thing is that it's rwd. other cars do similar things while also having other benefits

Poor old nigger thinks it's a cadillac

I haven’t driven one but it seems to have pretty soft suspension. You might have to buy coilovers and sway bars if you want it to handle well.

Only get the Crossfire if it's the SRT6. The other ones are straight garbage.

All the women I see driving Crossfires look great for their age.

>PONTIAC
joke is old as the great depression

>What are you looking for in a car?
RWD is a must, other than that, not much. Reasonable trunk space and >200HP. I want it to look good obviously.
How so, other than fixed spoiler wing and +100hp under the hood, what's the difference?

Was the concept better than the production car, Veeky Forums?

Front end looks like a fat kid wearing a football helmet.

The concept reminds me of the Audi rsq for some reason

Yeah i like Merc/Chryslers same with my GM Era Commodore just good solid cars

I unironically want one so bad. I know they're slow, and the parts costs are ridiculous, and they're a nightmare to work on...

I don't care, I saw an all-black coupe 10 years ago and I still fucking want one bad.

>Getting chrystler part's shouldn't be an issue.

They're 100% Mercedes

Same here, I want to replace my Matrix for one.

OP here. Thank God I live close to germany with market oversaturated with Mercedes parts. This is one of the cheapest coupes to maintain.

The back looks like a dog taking a shit

>that's me, im a real enthusiast, quoting a decade old tv show
>hahahaha clarkson is hilarious, british humor is so epic
kys my man

Embarrassing

I like it. It’s a weird and memorable car. Immideately noticed in the road.

boomer mobile

>I can pick one up ridiculously cheap
They're cheap for a reason.

>id put a hemi v8 in it instead.
They'd actually be worth something nowadays if they came with a Hemi stock, even if it only came with the 5 speed auto. Why they managed to make the SLK55, but never throw a V8 into the Crossfire is beyond me.

>they're 100% Mercedes

Stop lying. The car shares guts with other fca products. The only thing Mercedes about this thing is the body

>The car shares guts with other fca products.
The Crossfire was produced up to 2009, built in Osnabruck. FCA wasn't even founded untill 2014.

Fuego cruzado caca

It literally uses an MB 3.2 liter V6 and an MB 5gtronic transmission, are you fucking retarded or just too lazy to do research?