/dlg/ Duel Links General

Duel Links General #93

What it's like dueling a new LD edition

Last Thread: Latest News
>Elegant Mai is currently in duel world until August 8th
>The Pairofsocks Brothers will return to the gate mid August
>A "long awaited duelist" will be available to unlock at the end of August
>new full box out, lots of Thunder and Machine support
>Restructor Revolution is now limited to 1. Overpowered box URs remain untouched. Really gets the brain juice flowing, huh?

Useless (Duel) Links
>sites with good info on LDs, skills, deck lists, beginner guides, etc.
duellinks.gamea.co/
duellinksmeta.com/

>android emulators
bignox.com/
bluestacks.com/

A few tips for bad players
>Create and link a Konami ID to play on multiple devices and save your progress in case of a crash
>Turn your battery/power usage bar up to max in the settings menu for a smoother experience
>using the modded APK to farm will result in a ban eventually
>Decide on what deck you want to build before spending gems. If you're really unsure about what to buy, Crimson Kingdom has high attack 4-star monsters at low rarities
>It is advised not to pass stage 38 unless you want your auto duel win rate to plummet
>Level up Mai and Keith first to unlock Windstorm of Etaqua and Metalmorph

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RLZtKvPvDok
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>using ab already used image for the general
KYS

Don't forget to mention that the game only really gives you about 40k gems total for free outside of events, and events rarely net you more than 1k gems total.

It sounds like a lot, but to get 3 of any UR from a main box, you need to clear it out three times which can cost you up to 30k. Clearing out a mini-box is 12k gems. If you end up using all your free gems early, you'll be basically hardlocked out of future packs unless you pay money.

And don't forget that the F2P players who shelled out the 30k on Ultimate Rising or Neo-Impact have been creeped out hard already. So spend wisely.

He's not wrong. You could build Naturia relatively cheaply, but it's still a sizable investment for a F2P player.

When?

>keeping track of something like that
>being here so long you can notice repeats

>no memu on emulator section

>sizable investment
clearing a mini-box is easy af

can i playthis on my computer or do i have to play on my phone

>missing the point
12k gems is over a quarter of what the game gives you for free assuming you max out every character and reach maximum stage level, which takes a considerable amount of time. You can do it, but doing so almost locks you out of clearing a main box and you can only really do it three or four times maximum before you're hardlocked.

>you'll be basically hardlocked out of future packs unless you pay money

Isn't this just a matter of time? Either you spend no gems and then miss out on all the new cool cards everyone is using or you go all in into one box and then miss out on the next one.

Basically as f2p you have to subsist on card trader, LD rewards and event cards and maybe you get lucky and manage to draw the hottest meta card with the 500 new box celebration gems.

The speed dueling concept is fun but all the grinding and RNG is not fun and that makes up like 90% of the "gameplay". Komani should offer a monthly subscription that loans you all the available cards x3.

So what's your definition of "using free gems early"? The newbie needs to work on having as many farming deck options as possible, and jumping into PvP before they have the farm settled is asking for a bad time.

Monthly card rental might be an interesting approach, only because the depreciation rate of old cards is starting to speed up.

Daily reminder that Hazy Flame Sphynx has been bugged for 29 days.

It's gonna stay busted during the WC, and that saddens me.

I'm not here to give advice, I'm just pointing out facts.
If you're a F2P player, just understand exactly what you have to work with and plan accordingly. The game eventually stops giving you free gems, and you don't get enough to build what you want.
You can invest in something cheap like Naturia, but understand that the creep WILL catch up to you and you eventually won't have enough gems to buy your way out.

My honest subjective advice? Grind out the single deck you want with the modded APK using your 40k gems. Once it gets creeped, make a new account and grind again. Spend no money on this game, because even P2W players get shafted unless they're willing to drop several hundred.

Duel Mai like 3 times and already got that UR card and couple of SRs. Feels good to be apk bros. Seriously why you f2p players waste massive amount of gems and keys to get the necessary farming materials only to be cucked by Jewnami and RNG?

>I-I like to play the game
>c-cheating on a children card game

Fuck off cuck.

you can play using an emulator on a computer

This desu famlam
Spending gems to get farm units to maximise f2p when the apk exists and is proven to work with no consequences

>Once it gets creeped, make a new account and grind again.

The problem with this is that you will lose all your event excusive cards. Could this be one of the reasons Konami has event exclusive cards? To keep players from resetting?

Why are APKfags so defensive when they haven't even been mentioned or attacked in conversation? I don't care how you play the game, and I don't see why would care about how I play it either.

I don't think they thought about it that much
Any game with farmable events that show up periodically add to the games experience, people generally like it so they do it.

Red Eyes players need to be fucking gassed.

Buy Ice Barriers, goy.

How do people find playing decks that basically run on autopilot fun? Also I get that since there are so many players it's almost impossible to come up with a unique deck but all the Red-Eyes decks look almost the same.

It's a watered down version of a children's card game presented as a P2W mobile gacha title. Everything is autopilot. Do you genuinely think there's literally any depth at all here?

>all the Red-Eyes decks look almost the same.
Why does this matter at all?

You sound like either
1) Someone that has never ranked through KoG
2) Someone that is drawn to autopilot ao you don't know anything else exists

Nice arguments.

All decks look the same

Name me one deck that doesn't use a multiple of these
>SRH
>econ
>mirror wall
>sphere kuriboh

Mine.

Because I can't afford any of these cards

Same. I use Mirror Wall and have a Sphere Kuriboh, but I pass on that because I have standards to uphold.

>there are people who spend gems to get farming cards instead of making do with what they have
Shit is some serious misuse of gems. If you have to get 2-3k per duel and maybe miss out on an event card it is still better than spending on a flimsy farm deck that could fail on a new duelist when, y'know, those gems could be used on cards from packs which you'll be missing instead.

I knew that feel man
It'll get better

I recently got lucky with an SRH tho and used my SR ticket from last ranking rewards for an econ because after 3k keys Kaiba refused to drop one (I got like 7 vigilance tho)

>think dimension explosion would be perfect for xyz fusion deck as basically a de-fusion
>go to use it in a duel
>realise it says both players
Every time god dammit

This is why it's smart to use the apk for f2p

I really regret not re rolling for a mirror wall or kuriboh.

>superior xyz that actually dominates part of the TCG meta
lol no, way TOO OP for this shit game

How to make Des Gardius not suck? Is it even possible? So far the problems I noticed are:

>requires 3 cards to summon
>requires weak normal monsters for his summon
>if you draw his magic card it's useless
=
>you brick often; if you don't manage to summon him you can't do much
>after you summon him you dont have many cards left in case Des Gardius gets destroyed

>dominates part of the TCG meta

It does? Maybe it's time for me to play regular Yugioh again. I thought you had to play XYZ-summons to keep up.

yes it does, it got watered down since the field spell card that searches A, B or C got limited but it is still a very solid deck
in fact one of its components is a 1900 attack beatstick so don't expect it anytime soon

I'm not the user you replied to, nor am I gonna argue on the internet. There's some things people have to experience before they'll ever be convinced.

What I did was limit Des Gardius to 2 copies. Add in 2 or 3 Tiki Elder and Melchid. 3 Doomdog and 3 Caligro Crow. Add in few defensive cards. Soul Exchange works great for this deck. Limit Mask to 1. Use Restart as skills.

With these, I found that I brick less often. But currently it kinda suck in high tier PvP.

>another shit event
wow

>1500 free gems
WTF Konami?

That's like 60$

>it's a waiting for the card trader to have the card you want episode

Except I've been playing Yugioh and other cardgames for close to two decades now. He's retarded.

>8 lvl 40 mai's
>fail 6 out of 8 times
who has a consistent deck? this lab builder bs isn't cutting it

Excellent, anything to fuel my Machine obsession is A-OK in my book.
>tfw I'm gonna have to reset the box to get a third Genex Ally Charger
Fuck, if only it was a R.

There isn't one. Just use your auto fusion deck and get the 4-5k points. It's not possible to farm level 40. Her Monster Gate ensures she'll deck out before you.

Why does Konami hate farmers so much? It's not like they are selling the event cards.

Even konami throws some bones from time to time

Wow! 30 packs! That's 15% of a main box! I might get one copy of one Ultra Rare with this! So generous!

*sigh* some people will never be happy -__-

>11 Elegant spawns (1 botched Lv40, 1 Lv40 at 4k, the rest Lv30 at 8k)
>3 of every R
>0 SRs
Can't wait for that pity Dance Princess reward.

WHERES THE LEWD POST AT? ITS BEEN OVER AN HOUR

Currently I'm at 4/8 with unhappy girl deck. I lost mostly because I can't get unhappy girl out quickly. You need 3 on the field as fast as possible, since mai can return 2 monsters in a turn with guildos and miyabi. You also need trap counter (7 tools, trap jammer, ultimate providence) for last turn combo.

Berserk Gorilla would be a great addition to the game but we have to wait for like 6 more boxes.

>tfw no treeborn frog

Wouldn't this be a solid card against Mai?

Ra - Sphere Mode.

Reminder that, judging by how Super Joey turned out, the cards Elegant Mai uses that people actually care about (Harpist and Queen) will be high rarity cards in the next main box

Can I make a second account on my PC with an Android emulator? Will Komoney ban me if I play with 2 different accounts on the same IP? (PC and phone)

Won't stop Wind Art, though.

Coincidence? Probably not

>Brain Crusher

I don't think so because the harpies have already gotten the spotlight and red eyes actually has fans.

>red eyes actually has fans.
lol

What would happen for my DGated Labyrinth if Mai return DGate to my hand with Joe?

>No Cyber Harpie
>Ice Barriers for no fucking reason

What a shit event

>it's that time of day again
>the day you go to your dungeon and have a chat with your favorite trophy
>turns out there isn't much competition in the wasteland for best warrior, so it wasn't even hard to capture her
>today is a special day though
>as fun as it is to rape and torture her, you get to do something extra special today
>you get to watch her distant lover hope with all his might that she will be in the next box or trader update
>you know she never will, but it's so fun watching her let down her lover, time and time again by not showing up
>you watch a little longer, just to see his disappointment yet again as she fails to appear again
>you figure tonight it will be fun to hook her up to the Nightmare Wheel, but you also feel that the psychological torment is beginning to dull the effects of physical torment
>oh well, it's simple enough to turn up the pain
>not like she has anywhere to go after all, as if she could anyway

It stays banished.

gone for evah

buy our newest box p-pls
see that gravity blaster? good for genex and xyz
p-please buy ;_;

Alternatively...

I am considering going all out on the new box to build an XYZ deck and then make a new account if that turns out to be bad choice.

Should I?

You can probably just make a new account, build XYZ for cheap (they're all Rares), then try them out there before investing in your main.

What if you made a new account to build XYZ and used it on main if it turns out to be good?

>XYZ
>>>/dng/

Idiot here. How do I make a new account without erasing my old one?

Do it in a different cellphone or emulator

youtube.com/watch?v=RLZtKvPvDok

cool dragon dick

Has anyone done the math on how many packs you'd need to open on average to get all the XYZs? I have like 1k shekels saved and I was going to go Age to finish Hammerhead, but I also want to build XYZs ant some point.

No Frontline Base and Roll Out! ?

Interesting...

What's the best emulator?

Why would you run bricks like that? Your backrow's enough to stall.

I thought you would want to be able to special summon since the machine parts are pretty weak.

memu

Why are people calling Sphere Kuriboh Ebola?

What about leapdroid?

Is it worth opening Age if I'm building Hammer? If so, what should I be looking for before I stop?

haven't used that one

You'll want at least 1 Daedulus, 2-3 Sunfish, and at least 1 Yomi. I made it to about Plat 3 with that, if you get more you'll probably go farther than me, doubly so if you actually have shit like Econ or SRH.

>3 econ
>3 walls
>3 srh

just keep at the fountain, you'll get there

I have SRHs and an ECon (hopefully a set after this ranked season). I currently play Naturia, but I want to pick up another cheap deck.

Would you recommend doing it over saving gems? I have like 1100, but I don't want to be caught with 0 if something interesting comes out. Fortunately, Electric didn't appeal to me at all.

Also, what's a good estimate for gold/day? I want to make sure I have enough gold for 3x Toon Summoned Skull for when Pegasus inevitably shows up again.

I understand getting 3 str and econ, but 3 fucking WALLS?

You have to be insane to spend gems on that box desu

Protip: That's the only reason the deck functions. You could run fucking anything and still win hard with backrow like that. It's half the reason GKs were so good.

Does any one else have the issue of when youre about to win its says connection lost but you still get the win/loss? I just milled a naturia shitter and wanted to record it

Ehhh, it's almost exclusively only useful for Mako decks, barring Black Chick. The other cards in it have been more or less power creeped.
Mako decks have been able to come back before, and they're decent now, so if you want to go for it, go for it.
The Pegasus event should give you plenty of gold, and it comes (this?) month, I think.