Is this car cursed?

Is it cursed to never get a proper remake in real life? People who try and replicate it don't even bother with a bodykit of the GTR and People who have the GTR bodykits don't paint it the stripes. Will there ever be a porper one? Even the one Need For Speed made as a promo was horse shit. There are so many GTR widebody kits or Flossman GTR kit.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M3#M3_GTR_2
youtu.be/FstXpvGzxZI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What I am seeing here is the ultimate retardation
>People who try and recreate it by painting the stripes but don't bother with bodykit
>People who put on the racing bodykit but are not bothered the paint it.
Fug

Is it so hard to put the vinyls on this

F

>That fender

I've always wondered if its an inline 6 or a v8.

Because it makes sense that it would be the v8, but it sounds like an inline 6 in game. Very tinny.

It's a V8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M3#M3_GTR_2

The "tinnyness" comes from the straight cut gears
youtu.be/FstXpvGzxZI

You can hear this kind of whine on a lot of racing cars, mostly GT cars

It's a flat plane V8, like a Ferrari.

The problem is to replicat an M3 GT2 race car you can't just glue a bodykit to a 3 series and throw on wider wheels. It'll take the complete front and rear suspension of the race car as well to look right. And that is probably mounted to different pickup points so the best way is probably to start with a race car shell. IF bmw ever sells one of theirs.
Maybe ask Scheid Motorsport, they built their own E46 GTR at some point.

because it takes more than a body kit to make a GTR. it's closer to an E90 than it is to an E46.

Pretty easy answer OP.

>Poorfags buy a base E46 because they're poor and love NFS, then throw the vinyl on
>People who actually can afford an M3 or the body kit and are able to do it right don't give a fuck about some random car from a videogame

Pretty much this

I always wondered the same thing, OP, since this is one of my favourite cars in fiction, but like said, there really is no way it could be done, unless Ghost Games, the guys in charge with the series right now, somehow get the money to build a replica and proudly display it or sell it on auction.
However, I comprised a things of list needed to make it happen. If you have hope, that is.
>M3 or 330i 3 series E46 BMW
>limited slip dif
>coilovers and shocks, as well as some track width
>GTR bodykit
>appropiate paint and vinyl
>stock or ADR adrenaline wheels
>V8 taken from a E92 M3, since its an engine base on the V8 used by the real thing + turbo for the power
>6 speed dogbox transmission
>racing seats, interior strip and fully padded roll cage
Thats it from me. Anyone want to add to it?

The one from the game doesn't use the GTR body kit, but a similar one

>Remove v8, return s54 because less weight is always better
>NA is de way
>FBO + Cams

>Remove v8, return s54 because less weight is always better
You do know that the S65 V8 in the E9x M3 is ~15kg lighter than the S54, right?

Except the P60 (E46 M3 GTR) is mostly unrelated to the S65 (E90 M3), which is derived from the S85 V10 (E60 M5).

You don't need a turbo to make the 450hp that the race P60 made. The S65 already makes 414hp, which is more than the road-going P60 (387hp) made. With a few boltons, you're already at 450hp without losing the fantastic throttle response and sound of the newer V8.

Don't forget the straight cut gears for the mandatory transmission whine.

>M3 GTR replica
>remove V8

Yes, but does it accelerate like the car in the MW with only 414hp?

It'll accelerate like a proper M3GTR if you put a few mild kids on there. Intake piping, exhaust and a tune should be enough to get to the 450hp that the original P60 made. If you want to go crazy, you could do cams/heads/valves, or go for a full stroker build. The 4.4 liter version of the S65, used in the E90M3 GTR, made something like 445hp if I'm not mistaken: those 0.4L should be plenty.

Understood. I originally mentioned the 6-speed "dogbox". Or maybe something else would work better?

Gauges, shifter, wheel...

I actually made a plan that one day I will make a replica of this car after/if im done with my current car

though I wont add the decals, just the bodykit, dont really like the color scheme

Nice nice pinstripe!

EVERYONE

4.0L N/A V8

Both the race version, and the limited street legal GTR version

who cares its a fucking bimmer it looks exactly like every other bimmer.

Goddamn I wanna lay my hands all over that engine

i plan to get a 36 to dorifto and get a gtr bodykit for it one day.

im not an nfs fan but just for you il make a replica and keep it like that for a lil while op

gimme a few years tho im poor

niceu

god that noise makes me erect

Bump

engines a bad as fuck 4 litres na v8 that can milk around 500hp and 400 ft-lb of torque named the P60B40, whine ingame comes from the straight cut gears
so much power porsche reed out of reality over it

The whine as it gets into high rpm gives me fucking goosebumps

Bump

where u gonna get the v8 from

M3 E92