Stop changing you're motor oil

dont fall for the jews tactics

Buy electric and you wont have to.

That reminds me, need to do an oil change.

>changing it yourself
poorfag

just rolled over 300,000km. gonna change it next chance I have.

because transmissions don't need oil

>electric
>transmissions

Sure, lets say they dont have a transmission.

Differentials still need oil.

>Having some minimum wage brainlet change my oil
>"Hey Billy I need you to change this guy's oil"
>Billy's lunch break is in ten minuets
>Billy proceeds to just say fuck it and say he did the oil change without actually doing anything
>Charges like he did
>Report him
"If the dumbass is too dumb to not notice his oil wasn't changed he should take the bus."

Fuck that noise son. I used to work in a shop where that happened on the regular.

I don't trust minimum wage employees not to overtighten the filter and oil pan nut.

>electric
>differentials
Not with hub motors at all four corners

you've got a point there.

What about grease in the bearings?

It's fucking sad, isn't it? Can't even trust people to use a goddamn torque wrench on a drain plug and make sure it isn't cross-threaded.

I did my first oil change recently because my parents have been taking care of this car until now and 4 screws are missing from the belly pan. One of them is clearly not even the correct screw.

The ONE time I used a torque wrench on a drain plug it broke, luckily the steel pan won that fight. Pulled like a mad cunt with a pair of vice grips and yanked the plug out at the next oil change.

I've done hundreds of oil changes, never torqued a drain plug since. 2 fingers on the wrench is all you really need

>doesn't know/is too scared to change his own oil
Cuck

>Gets his hands dirty working on his car like a pleb
Cuck

The cuck insult goes both ways friendo

except for the car (volvo p1800) thats done 5 million miles+ (in the guiness book of world records) does regular oil changes every 2000 miles wether the car needs it or not.

your also supposed to put a maget on your oilfilter so all the metal shavings get trapped in the oil filter like its designed to do

>>have fun with your oil sludge in your engine rebuild OP FUCKING IDIOT

Whatcha gonna do about it, op?

You definitely need to be careful. I started at the minimum torque and went slowly. I got it tight with a normal wrench, then went to the torque wrench. You have to push on the head and that you're turning it at exactly 90 degrees while holding the end of the handle. I usually go a good bit under the factory torque spec.

i don't think either of you tools know what that word means

>What about grease in the bearings?
Sealed for life

>belly pan
>autism: the part

NO tech gives a fuck about your belly pan and especially not the screws

>uses the work cuck properly
cuck

>5W-30
>6pack
>26.99
fucking hell that's cheap
>t. yuurop

>has to replace the fuck shit expensive batterie every few years

lol no

>uses the word chuck ironically
Cluck

>how much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could cuck wood?
Chuck

I had one cross-thread my drain plug. Ended up having to replace my entire pan.

>not just changing it in the walmart parking lot dumping the entire contents of your pan onto the pavement, putting new oil/filter and driving off

disappointed with all of you

i took my car once to a quick lube place cuz the car was only insured for 24 hrs and i had to do a bunch of shit.

fuckers overtightened the filter and the drain plug so fucking bad i had to force them to buy me a new drainplug and i had to go buy a special tool to undo the filter

never again

Fuck you I change mine every 300km with full synthetic.

>he thinks changing oil yourself is about saving money

my jeep's airbags don't work i don't want stupid mechanics trying to hold me hostage for fixes. i can just change it at home at the cost difference of elbow grease. suck my dick op.

>change oil
>starter motor dies
T-thanks, Veeky Forums

well, i mean it kind of is. when quick lube does not change your oil and filter for several visits OR fails to refill the engine with oil after emptying it then its definitely going to cost you vs. doing it right yourself

>He's such a fucking retarded DYEL he needs a torque wrench to tighten a bolt unlike the Chad mechanic that can feel every pound he puts on the bolt from years of lifting weights and knows when to stop so he doesn't shatter the engine due to his massive forearms
Shiggy diggy

It's because in the current year human time is worth nothing so greedy jew lube shops try to get away with paying their techs $10/hour and charging customers $100/hour rates

Stop changing you are motor oil ? what the fuck ?

>have no garage or place to wrench
>lose warranty if you wrench yourself
Literally why?

i'm not motor oil

it's more expensive to do it yourself (where i live at least)

Not with that attitude.

>torque wrench
>drain plug

>lose warranty if you wrench yourself
says who?