Mini

Are they reliable? Considering buying one for my wife.

No fucking wag

'05-'06 models are. Parts are expensive because BMW

>Is a german car made by pic related reliable?

one from 2002 with a 1.6 liter engine would be nice.

worked on one that had a power steering leak. It was the body of the pump, located near the rack. They mustve really wanted a hydraulic rack for some reason instead of just directly connecting the motor to the rack. Anyway, it had a little PC fan mounted under the engine to cool the pump. Fucking lame.

No they're not. Dad had an early model S and it had a bunch of problems and the engine bay is cramped as fuck so good luck trying to do any maintenance besides oil changes yourself. Hell even the oil changes were a pain in the ass.

New or used? The generation pictured look so dated now. The newest ones got pretty fat

only thing I have heard of is that its disk brakes wear out a little quickly

They are money pits, to break that down.

Premium class (aka high repair bills)
Unreliable (even higher repair bills)
Hipsters love them (I hate hipsters)

If reliability is your first priority, get her a Yaris.

Hyundai i10/i20 are a decent bet too.

Do Brits get the Mazda 2? It's pretty nice.

My ex girlfriend had to replace her fuel pump and it cost $3,000. Everything that goes wrong in a mini is impossible to do yourself and dealerships will fuck you.

Getting a Mini that old is asking for dick in your ass.

This one is worth considering too.

Do it faggot.

No, they are fucking awful cars, do not buy.

Actually to make that more clear,

they feel amazing to drive, with the downside of being massive money pits.

I don't like the interior, it's way too overloaded with rattles and plastic shit and way too many fucking buttons.
The car has 3 different check engine lights, resetting the oil monitor is a 10 minute process.
The battery is stored in the firewall, I have no idea how you get it out.
The spark plugs are some weird 12 point shit, why? Just why?
My moms 2009 mini s burns a quart per 1000 miles, WHY?
It's always leaking something from either the engine or trans, fix one leak and another starts shortly after.
It had shift solenoids go out, 80k miles on it.
Vacuum pump went out, why does a car even have a vacuum pump? somebody please explain this.
Every part on the car is retardedly expensive, it's fucked.

Also what the fuck is up with those quick release coolant fittings? Every coolant hose on the car has these shitty plastic coolant fittings with o rings, the fitting either cracks and leaks or the o ring goes bad, every fitting is a fucking ticking time bomb.
STOP THIS, STOP.

The first and only time I will agree with the dogfucker.

I like mine... '05 s convertible

do you hate your wife or something